Point Proven:

Letsargue

Who can give proof or undeniable “Evidence” of the Apostle Paul’s thorn in the flesh?
Remember the witness power. Well I doubt that hardly any of you even know what that is.

Paul – 091112

Dan Emanuel

2 Corinthians 12:10 KJV
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Philippians 3:12 KJV
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

He had already attained, he was already perfect. He knew not.

Daniel

Letsargue

Who can give proof or undeniable “Evidence” of the Apostle Paul’s thorn in the flesh?
Remember the witness power. Well I doubt that hardly any of you even know what that is.

Paul – 091112

Hint 1 / Witness 1: - Acts 9:25 KJV ---&--- 1 Samuel 19:12 KJV –

Paul – 091112

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Paul – 091112

No one that I know has ever tried to "prove" what Paul's thorn in the flesh was.
The proof isn't in the "thorn" it is in Paul's response to it.

------------------------------

2 Corinthians 12:8-9

Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Letsargue

No one that I know has ever tried to "prove" what Paul's thorn in the flesh was.
The proof isn't in the "thorn" it is in Paul's response to it.

------------------------------

2 Corinthians 12:8-9

Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

If there is a question of Paul's thorn in the flesh, ( then ) there is an answer to what that thorn was, in the Scriptures. - I know what the thorn was; - not that it makes any difference, but the ( way of knowing ) anything of God is important.

Paul -- 091212

john w

Hall of Fame
Again-it is a reference to people who opposed Paul's message, as "thorn in the flesh" was a common figure of speech at the time, akin to today's "a pain in the neck."

"But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell." Numbers 33:55 KJV

Notice "those."

"Know for a certainty that the LORD your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you." Joshua 23:13 KJV

Notice "they."

"Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you." Judges 2:3 KJV

Notice "they."

Survey this great book.

Letsargue

Again-it is a reference to people who opposed Paul's message, as "thorn in the flesh" was a common figure of speech at the time, akin to today's "a pain in the neck."

"But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell." Numbers 33:55 KJV

Notice "those."

"Know for a certainty that the LORD your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you." Joshua 23:13 KJV

Notice "they."

"Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you." Judges 2:3 KJV

Notice "they."

Survey this great book.

Yes, we have that, but - “Evidence”; - the evidence of God saying “~something~ to show the Truth about “anything”.
( What is Faith? )
What does the Word of God and it’s stories of Paul say, that “Evidently” show Paul conducting himself in an altered way, “Revealing” / ( Inspiring ) more Truth about Paul??

Paul – 091312

This Charming Manc

Im glad for you *round of appluase*

If there is a question of Paul's thorn in the flesh, ( then ) there is an answer to what that thorn was, in the Scriptures. - I know what the thorn was; - not that it makes any difference, but the ( way of knowing ) anything of God is important.

Paul -- 091212

rainee

Hello Paul,
How are you?

It appears you are doing very well!!

Paul – 091112

Paul – 091112

Hint 2 / Witness 2: - John 19:32 KJV ---&--- 1 Corinthians 7:7 KJV --

Paul – 091512

These are very interesting, but i ask about 1 Corinthians 9:5

rainee

May I bring up 1 Corinthians 15:32?

If the "wild beasts" are humans then Paul most likely would not refer to being mistreated by those same humans as a "thorn in the flesh," for he is considering himself fighting against them as part of his "good fight" you think?

So were they really wild dogs?

rainee

Also Luke was the beloved physician to Paul would that imply Paul did need some help of some sort for some reason?

Letsargue

May I bring up 1 Corinthians 15:32?

If the "wild beasts" are humans then Paul most likely would not refer to being mistreated by those same humans as a "thorn in the flesh," for he is considering himself fighting against them as part of his "good fight" you think?

So were they really wild dogs?

Revelations 22:15 KJV - The dogs there are just referring to Gentiles, not brothers in Christ, or Christians.
No, Paul was not concerned about wild people, just the evil men. They had really treated Paul poorly to say the least. But that's wasn't Pauls thorn.

Paul -- 091512

rainee

From rainee's post are you implying his thorn was physical efforts in eluding his Roman or Jewish would be captors? tWINs

No Buck,
Paul's first hint was that Paul had to lowered in a basket while David was let down by means of giving him something to climb down with.

Paul's next hint, I think, was about breaking people's legs as a custom.

But Paul's next Scripture is about Paul being God's eunuch.
However, I believe Paul was not married or having children for the same reason The Lord did not - willing to put the work first.
Matthew 19:12

rainee

Revelations 22:15 KJV - The dogs there are just referring to Gentiles, not brothers in Christ, or Christians.
No, Paul was not concerned about wild people, just the evil men. They had really treated Paul poorly to say the least. But that's wasn't Pauls thorn.

Paul -- 091512
If so then I think that supports the claim that the thorn in the flesh was indeed physical - for why change his attitude of them?