JC was NOT the messiah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BabyChristian View Post
    It is and is not part of this conversation.

Same with astrology.
    Well, I'm glad you agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by steko View Post
      Neither Hebrew or Greek have characters for numbers. We have numbers and letters, they have only letters. So, in each language the letters are also used as numbers.
      When a word is written, it also has a numeric equivalent. Since each letter has a numeric equivalent, the numbers can be added up to arrive at a value for the word. The value is the gammatria.
      The term 'numerology' can have occultic associations, but not necessarily. I am not encouraging an occultic practice. There is a harmless use of numerical values and the Hebrews did employ it in the Bible.

http://carm.org/what-biblical-numerology
      I have also heard the term gammatria. I don't have a problem with the letters having numerical value. I wonder though about the attaching of significance to those "numbers" in order to preach a whole new message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Untellectual View Post
        Doesn't the word "Hebrew" have something to do with the time of Abraham?
        Bs'd

Yes. "Hebrew" comes from the word "Ivrie" and that means "the other side".

Abraham used to sit to teach the nations, but with a river in between him and the nations, so he was "on the other side".

Eliyahu
        Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Comment

I have also heard the term gammatria. I don't have a problem with the letters having numerical value. I wonder though about the attaching of significance to those "numbers" in order to preach a whole new message.
          Bs'd

You cannot build a religion on those numbers games.

Sometimes it might give interesting hints, but that's it.

Eliyahu
          Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyArnold View Post
            Is God limited to the Hebrew language?
            Bs'd

God also understands English.

God understands every language.

Eliyahu

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyChristian View Post
              Oh I wish I knew everything as you do.
              Bs'd

Go to a yeshiva and they will teach you.

Eliyahu

Comment

• Originally posted by Elia View Post
                Bs'd

God also understands English.

God understands every language.

Eliyahu

If God is not limited to language, then why is his name limited to language?

Comment

I'm not sure of the vowels on YHVH, nor the correct transliteration of these Hebrew characters.

Exodus 6:3 (NASB)

and I appeared h7200 ראה ra'ah

to Abraham, h85 אברהם 'Abraham

Isaac, h3327 יצחק Yitschaq

and Jacob, h3290 יעקב Ya`aqob

as God h410 אל 'el

Almighty, h7706 שדי Shadday

but by My name, h8034 שם shem

LORD, h3068 יהוה Yĕhovah

I did not make h3045 ידע yada`

Myself known h3045 ידע yada`

to them.

What makes any of this God's real name?

Comment

Bs'd

Eliyahu
                    That, I agree with!
                    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Bs'd

Hebrew. That's the language with which God created the heaven and the earth. Eliyahu

God doesn't have His own language in Heaven?

Comment

Bs'd

Yes. "Hebrew" comes from the word "Ivrie" and that means "the other side".

Abraham used to sit to teach the nations, but with a river in between him and the nations, so he was "on the other side".

Eliyahu
                        What is "proto-Sumerian"?

Offering and Rainbow from Time of Noah... Word Gram:

http://www.vonbora.org/Project_Von_Bora/83_Climb.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyArnold View Post
                          What makes any of this God's real name?
                          God says,

"but by My name, h8034 שם shem

LORD, h3068 יהוה Yĕhovah (YHVH)

to them."

Comment

Yeah, I don't think that we should look further than the literal-grammatical-historical text. It's meant to be read and understood in context. There is a reference to the number of the beast in the Revelation, but that is a clear reference from scripture and there's lots of speculation on that. One can spend a lifetime just endeavoring to rightly divide the Word, without dabbling in Gematria.
                            Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                            Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Bs'd

Eliyahu
                              Thanks for putting this into words.

Comment

God says,

"but by My name, h8034 שם shem

LORD, h3068 יהוה Yĕhovah (YHVH)

to them."

Does God tell us everything?

Comment