Gnosticism:

Letsargue

Gnosticism or a Gnostic organization could not have existed before Christ. Christ is the first knowledge of the spiritual outside of God. God is Spirit, and Christ brought that Spirit to the world, not the Gnostics. In fact, Christ, after the resurrection, is the first Spirit of God that ever existed outside of God / Christ.
Without Christ, Gnosticism couldn’t have existed. Therefore, the Gnostics had to have their start some time after Christ’s resurrection and Pentecost. Gnosticism is knowledge, and that knowledge could not have come from any one other than Jesus Christ after the resurrection, Thus: -- John 14:16-17 KJV – “I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17- Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you”. -- and -- John 14:26 KJV – “The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, whatsoever I have said unto you”. ----- That is the very beginning of Spiritual Knowledge, not before, and that is not Gnosticism, - it’s Christian. - Spiritual knowledge can only come from the Holy Ghost that Christ sent by his Father / GOD.

Why call oneself a Gnostic, and not Christian? Can one be both? The word Gnostic or anything that means Gnostic is not found in the Scriptures of TRUTH.

The departing of the brethren mentioned by Paul, -- 1 Timothy 4:10-11 KJV – “Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. 11- Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry”. ----- That is prophesied in the Scriptures. – 2 Thessalonians 2:3 KJV – “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, AND THAT MAN OF SIN BE REVEALED, THE SON OF PERDITION”. ----- John revealed that man in the Revelation, as six hundred three score and six, or 666. – 666 was the number of his NAME. – Thus, the falling away had already been fulfilled with Paul, or during the end of Paul’s journeys. There is where the greatest number of the so called Gnostics were likely started. --- Hebrews 6:5-6 KJV – “Have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6- If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. ----- There is the so called Gnostics / Gnosticism.

Gnosticism is without inspiration from Christ; therefore, they had to turn to philosophy to enhance their knowledge already gained from being Christian, and turning away from it, to their own philosophical form of Godly knowledge.

If you are a Gnostic, are you a Christian? Or can a Christian be a Gnostic?

A de’scription of the scribes that scripted the Script’ures.
SCRIBES are writers of the words of God and of Christ, given them by INSPIRATION, as was John on the Isle of Patmos. - Revelation 1:11 KJV – “What thou seest, WRITE in a book, and send it unto the seven churches”. -- The Scribes of God were Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Moses, and others like Amos, David, and Solomon. -- There were scribes that rewrote what the Scribes of God wrote, and thus, we have all the Scriptures / Scrip’tures scripted by the scribes that resceipted what were scribed by revelation, or inspiration. – The Gnostic cannot be a scribe of Christ or God, they can only rescribe, and scribe their own inscriptions of their own philosophical knowledge. If anyone can disprove this, please guide me.

No one can scribe from Christ any new Scriptures. We can only scribe what we receive to supplement what has already been scribed by the scribes of the Scriptures. – The scribes that Jesus fought against who were the Scribes and Pharisees; those scribes were rescribbing the Scriptures, making many more copies of the original Scriptures. Kinda like Jimmy Swaggart, and all the writers of the newer versions of the Bible do.

Gnosticism is mainly a philosophy, or a logical explanation of the spiritual and religious reasoning. Since there is nothing logical or reasonable about God and his doings, God cannot be DE’SCRIBED by philosophy. One can only de’scribe that which is scripted by the scribes of Christ, by using that which is scripted in the Scriptures. A de’scription is the de’scribbing what is scribed by the scribes of Christ. Therefore, philosophy can only give a logical and reasonable EXPLANATION of the illogical / GOD. --- Is that reasonable and logical, and a philosophical EXPLANATION of what a Gnostic is and is not? – Or, is it a de’scription of something that is not scripted?

What is the de’scription of Gnosticism, if Gnosticism is not scripted in the Scrip’tures? “Christian” is clearly de’scribed in the Scrip’tures, because “Christian” is scripted, and there is nothing philosophical about “Christian”.
Colossians 2:8 KJV – “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and VAIN DECEIT, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ”. ---
Gnosticism is inde’scribable by the scribes of the Script’ures / GOD.

Paul – 093010

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
knowledge that avails..............

knowledge that avails..............

~*~*~

Already addressed previously :)

Two primary resources for your illumination -

The Gnosis Archive

Gnostic Teachings

Others -

Gnostic Cosmology

Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom

Just to address some points in your OP -

Gnosticism or a Gnostic organization could not have existed before Christ. Christ is the first knowledge of the spiritual outside of God. God is Spirit, and Christ brought that Spirit to the world, not the Gnostics. In fact, Christ, after the resurrection, is the first Spirit of God that ever existed outside of God / Christ.
Without Christ, Gnosticism couldn’t have existed. Therefore, the Gnostics had to have their start some time after Christ’s resurrection and Pentecost. Gnosticism is knowledge, and that knowledge could not have come from any one other than Jesus Christ after the resurrection, Thus: -- John 14:16-17 KJV – “I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17- Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you”. -- and -- John 14:26 KJV – “The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, whatsoever I have said unto you”. ----- That is the very beginning of Spiritual Knowledge, not before, and that is not Gnosticism, - it’s Christian. - Spiritual knowledge can only come from the Holy Ghost that Christ sent by his Father / GOD.

God Himself is the source of all knoweldge or Knowledge Itself, 'Christ' being the 'anointing-light' of this knowledge. Jesus the Man was a vehicle for this light....and still is, of course...among others (various prophets, seers, avatars, bodhisattvas, messengers)

Gnosticism embodies the universal science and teachings of the Spirit that have existed from ancient times (even before Christianity) and expounded in many of the worlds religious traditions and mystical schools.

Remember, dont get caught up in the labels 'Gnostic', 'Christian', etc. - a gnostic recognizes the universal knowledge that saves the soul from ignorance and suffering. One doesn't need to be called anything, - we employ words/denominations for the sake of convenience, description, relationship, reference.

The debate over what or who a 'Christian' is often falls into argumentation and vanity anyways, a fixation for some 'religious egos'.

Gnosis includes the religious knowledge of all true schools wherein the dharma of truth has been communicated, both intellectual and spiritual, but ultimately each disciple must pass thru his own initiations and experience the depths of his being in God for himself, to know and transform his own consciousness in Light.

pj

Letsargue

~*~*~

Already addressed previously :)

Two primary resources for your illumination -

The Gnosis Archive

Gnostic Teachings

Others -

Gnostic Cosmology

Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom

Just to address some points in your OP -

God Himself is the source of all knoweldge or Knowledge Itself, 'Christ' being the 'anointing-light' of this knowledge. Jesus the Man was a vehicle for this light....and still is, of course...among others (various prophets, seers, avatars, bodhisattvas, messengers)

Gnosticism embodies the universal science and teachings of the Spirit that have existed from ancient times (even before Christianity) and expounded in many of the worlds religious traditions and mystical schools.

Remember, dont get caught up in the labels 'Gnostic', 'Christian', etc. - a gnostic recognizes the universal knowledge that saves the soul from ignorance and suffering. One doesn't need to be called anything, - we employ words/denominations for the sake of convenience, description, relationship, reference.

The debate over what or who a 'Christian' is often falls into argumentation and vanity anyways, a fixation for some 'religious egos'.

Gnosis includes the religious knowledge of all true schools wherein the dharma of truth has been communicated, both intellectual and spiritual, but ultimately each disciple must pass thru his own initiations and experience the depths of his being in God for himself, to know and transform his own consciousness in Light.

pj

I wouldn’t have to bet, -- so I’ll just say, - If I spoke to another Gnostic, he would give you and me a different philosophical reason for the same thing. - Therefore, you guys are as divided as the rest of the churches. – I have only one saying, and that comes from “THE WORD”. I will not contradict myself or God or his Word. – ALL the rest will contradict the Word of God and me, and themselves.

How can a philosopher, or a Gnostic like yourself say that all, or even most other churches that contradict each other are right with God / the Word? – If GOD said, “Be baptized”, and the churches say, “You don’t have to be baptized”; – that’s the kinda thing that was said at the Garden. ( “No, thou shalt not surely die” ).

Paul – 100210

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
apples or oranges

apples or oranges

I wouldn’t have to bet, -- so I’ll just say, - If I spoke to another Gnostic, he would give you and me a different philosophical reason for the same thing. - Therefore, you guys are as divided as the rest of the churches. – I have only one saying, and that comes from “THE WORD”. I will not contradict myself or God or his Word. – ALL the rest will contradict the Word of God and me, and themselves.

Well,....there is 'variety' in life. Certain fundamental principles exist, which may be explained by various metaphors.

How can a philosopher, or a Gnostic like yourself say that all, or even most other churches that contradict each other are right with God / the Word? – If GOD said, “Be baptized”, and the churches say, “You don’t have to be baptized”; – that’s the kinda thing that was said at the Garden. ( “No, thou shalt not surely die” ).

Paul – 100210

Only Truth is true. Each must discover such for themselves and live as best as they see fit.

I dont see the comparison of 'baptism' with eating the apple, or that lack of or force of baptism necessarily grants one life or death. In fact, there is no gaurantee of salvation or change of character by being immersed or sprinkled with water, except what that soul himself affects within his own being by his own will, choice and transformation. - a physical act or ritual may of course assist one in the process.

pj

Letsargue

Well,....there is 'variety' in life. Certain fundamental principles exist, which may be explained by various metaphors.

Only Truth is true. Each must discover such for themselves and live as best as they see fit.

I dont see the comparison of 'baptism' with eating the apple, or that lack of or force of baptism necessarily grants one life or death. In fact, there is no gaurantee of salvation or change of character by being immersed or sprinkled with water, except what that soul himself affects within his own being by his own will, choice and transformation. - a physical act or ritual may of course assist one in the process.

pj

AAHH, Come on Light, you just threw out LOGIC. -- “VARIETY”! -? ---- LOGIC: - Taking ones “TOTAL” belief in the singular; - “I BELIEVE (IT)” / “The “WORD” without an (S), is my total belief and Faith. - Anyone and everyone who “is” Christian “has” the exact same belief that I do, which is the exact “WORD” that GOD SAID. – You cannot beat that. – However, your belief is yours ALONE, and the next Gnostic, OR for that little matter, even the next Baptist or Catholic has a totally different “WHOLE” belief. ---- LOGIC: - There is one GOD, WORD, Christ, and belief / Faith in its TOTAL. ---- LOGIC: - No one, nor everyone, can take bits and peaces of their belief / faith that only agrees with some of the others, and BE LOGICAL or Philosophical. – That’s how it is today in that world and that is everyone’s confusion. - GOD is not CONFISED, and neither am I; - not that you said that I was, but I know what most here on TOL think about me.

Paul – 100310

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
enjoy a bouquet..........

enjoy a bouquet..........

AAHH, Come on Light, you just threw out LOGIC. -- “VARIETY”! -? ---- LOGIC: - Taking ones “TOTAL” belief in the singular; - “I BELIEVE (IT)” / “The “WORD” without an (S), is my total belief and Faith. - Anyone and everyone who “is” Christian “has” the exact same belief that I do, which is the exact “WORD” that GOD SAID. – You cannot beat that. – However, your belief is yours ALONE, and the next Gnostic, OR for that little matter, even the next Baptist or Catholic has a totally different “WHOLE” belief. ---- LOGIC: - There is one GOD, WORD, Christ, and belief / Faith in its TOTAL. ---- LOGIC: - No one, nor everyone, can take bits and peaces of their belief / faith that only agrees with some of the others, and BE LOGICAL or Philosophical. – That’s how it is today in that world and that is everyone’s confusion. - GOD is not CONFISED, and neither am I; - not that you said that I was, but I know what most here on TOL think about me.

Paul – 100310

Interestingly, while its assumed 'God' is not the author of 'confusion', if we dissect and appropriate this word as a 'con-fusion'...using it in this sense has no negative connotation, merely indicating a 'mixture, blending of component parts, synthesis' :) - therefore....some things in life are a 'con-fusion' (potpourri).

I'm sure God is not confused in His essential Integrity for God is One, yet in the multiplicity of Creation and the extension of Intelligence expressing itself,...there is a plurality within the Infinite One. - this manifests as a vast network of relativities, versatile in their expressions and forms.

Isnt Life wonderful like that? ;)

pj

Letsargue

Interestingly, while its assumed 'God' is not the author of 'confusion', if we dissect and appropriate this word as a 'con-fusion'...using it in this sense has no negative connotation, merely indicating a 'mixture, blending of component parts, synthesis' :) - therefore....some things in life are a 'con-fusion' (potpourri).

I'm sure God is not confused in His essential Integrity for God is One, yet in the multiplicity of Creation and the extension of Intelligence expressing itself,...there is a plurality within the Infinite One. - this manifests as a vast network of relativities, versatile in their expressions and forms.

Isnt Life wonderful like that? ;)

pj

Yet there is still nothing in the Scriptures or the Creation, confused. All is systematic by exact design. There cannot be a philosophy of nonconfusion and design. Philosophy only confises the design. The reading of Truth is the Truth.
Is that philosophy, or is it TRUTH?

Paul -- 100310

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
oil for thy lamp...............

oil for thy lamp...............

Yet there is still nothing in the Scriptures or the Creation, confused. All is systematic by exact design. There cannot be a philosophy of nonconfusion and design. Philosophy only confises the design. The reading of Truth is the Truth.
Is that philosophy, or is it TRUTH?

Paul -- 100310

Nothing like good ole 'fusion' ;)

Philosophy, being the study of wisdom, has its place,...along with religion, science, metaphysics, art, etc. Truth is what is Actual, here, now....what is absolute. Truth is what IS. This Existence, this Being, this Omniawareness, this Presence :)

We can read truths, inspired writings, holy writ, oracles, etc. - yet they are not 'true' until the Spirit of truth quickens them to our minds and hearts. Knowledge (gnosis) or 'spiritual knowing' is essential. The 'knowing' itself is 'God' reflecting.

pj

Letsargue

Nothing like good ole 'fusion' ;)

Philosophy, being the study of wisdom, has its place,...along with religion, science, metaphysics, art, etc. Truth is what is Actual, here, now....what is absolute. Truth is what IS. This Existence, this Being, this Omniawareness, this Presence :)

We can read truths, inspired writings, holy writ, oracles, etc. - yet they are not 'true' until the Spirit of truth quickens them to our minds and hearts. Knowledge (gnosis) or 'spiritual knowing' is essential. The 'knowing' itself is 'God' reflecting.

pj

Got to hand it to you Light, you’re a good Philosopher and quick with YOUR osmosis gnosis. – But the osmosis between the Gnostic and the Agnostic can be only one way. Which way?

You’ve referred to gnosis / knowledge is spiritual knowing, several times. - Gnosis is just knowledge. Where do you arrive at that gnosis is Spiritual knowledge and not just the philosophy of the material? – Truth is Truth of the Creation; spiritual and the materiel. – As God said in Job, --- Job 38:4-7 KJV - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? DECLARE, IF THOU HAST UNDERSTANDING. 5- Who hath laid the measures thereof, IF THOU KNOWEST? Or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6- WHEREUPON ARE THE FOUNDATIONS THEREOF FASTENED? OR WHO LAID THE CORNER STONE THEREOF, -( WHEN THE MORNING STARS SANG TOGETHER )-, “AND ALL THE SONS OF GOD SHOUTED FOR JOY”? ----- AAAHHH! – “When the morning star(S) sang together”. --- Gnostics! - Art thou one of the Morning Stars? - All the Angels are as the stars of Heaven, or is that the sons of Abraham.

You spoke of the Spirit of Truth, The SPIRIT is not from philosophy, but of the Truth, and God and Christ is THAT Truth, who we are / Christian.

Paul – 100410

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
stardom

stardom

Got to hand it to you Light, you’re a good Philosopher and quick with YOUR osmosis gnosis.

:jolly:

love it, maybe you can copyright that term ;)

You’ve referred to gnosis / knowledge is spiritual knowing, several times. - Gnosis is just knowledge. Where do you arrive at that gnosis is Spiritual knowledge and not just the philosophy of the material? – Truth is Truth of the Creation; spiritual and the materiel. – As God said in Job, --- Job 38:4-7 KJV - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? DECLARE, IF THOU HAST UNDERSTANDING. 5- Who hath laid the measures thereof, IF THOU KNOWEST? Or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6- WHEREUPON ARE THE FOUNDATIONS THEREOF FASTENED? OR WHO LAID THE CORNER STONE THEREOF, -( WHEN THE MORNING STARS SANG TOGETHER )-, “AND ALL THE SONS OF GOD SHOUTED FOR JOY”? ----- AAAHHH! – “When the morning star(S) sang together”. --- Gnostics! - Art thou one of the Morning Stars? - All the Angels are as the stars of Heaven, or is that the sons of Abraham.

Yes, we are 'stars' in our own right, even 'sons' of God.

Considering our divine inheritance we have much to reflect on......

pj

Letsargue

:jolly:

love it, maybe you can copyright that term ;)

Yes, we are 'stars' in our own right, even 'sons' of God.

Considering our divine inheritance we have much to reflect on......

pj

Glad you liked it!

OOOPPPPssss! ---- You can’t do that! – If I understand gnosis; - gnosis is knowing and “explaining” the material things by philosophy; and Truth is knowledge and by wisdom brings “understand” of the Spiritual things. – There is knowledge, wisdom and understand gained through the Truth, and through Gnosis / knowing, allows one to “explain” the material by philosophy.

Explaining and understanding are equal, and knowledge and knowing are equal, and the philosophy and wisdom are equal. - I cannot by gnosis, philosophically explain the spiritual, and by knowledge, I cannot with wisdom understand the material.

That disallows the Gnostic to be the Stars of the New Heaven, to shine their Light upon the New Earth. That's the Spiritual things revealed by Knowledge, wisdom and understand of the spiritual, not the material.

Paul – 100410

Clark Frugal

I love the Gospel of Thomas. I think Elaine Pagels book on the Gnostic Gospel is worth your time to read Mr. Lets Argue. There were some really beautiful things written by those gnostics. It was the church fathers who labeled them heretics centuries before we were able to read their writings ourselves to form our own opinions. How can you be so sure that the 'gnostic heretics' weren't valid christian experience without even taking the time to read their own writings? A Leader will listen to both sides before making a decision.

Letsargue

I love the Gospel of Thomas. I think Elaine Pagels book on the Gnostic Gospel is worth your time to read Mr. Lets Argue. There were some really beautiful things written by those gnostics. It was the church fathers who labeled them heretics centuries before we were able to read their writings ourselves to form our own opinions. How can you be so sure that the 'gnostic heretics' weren't valid christian experience without even taking the time to read their own writings? A Leader will listen to both sides before making a decision.

Both sides? – What both sides? --- There is but one, and it’s not a side, it is the total, and it’s the Truth in Jesus Christ, the all in all. -- I don’t have to read something that was not inspired by Christ to know it has nothing to do with the salvation of Christ. – The Word of God is the Truth, and nothing else is. You have a choice to follow the Light / Truth; or go blindly in the darkness and fall into that ditch.

I’ve already “passed-over” that great gulf to the other side. – Do you have any idea what the Passover ultimately is? – There were seven Passovers, and the last Passover was two thousand years ago, and I passed over, -- And you have no idea what I just said. – Follow the sounds of the false prophets if that’s your salvation.

Paul – 100510

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I don’t have to read something that was not inspired by Christ to know it has nothing to do with the salvation of Christ.

And thats merely 'your' presumption which is ignorant really, for your prejudging something without even honestly examining it. So it remains a 'presumption'.

The Word of God is the Truth, and nothing else is.

Ya,....what you've determined to be 'the word of god'.

You have a choice to follow the Light / Truth; or go blindly in the darkness and fall into that ditch.

Yep,...all have this choice.

pj

Last edited:

Letsargue

And thats merely 'your' presumption which is ignorant really, for your prejudging something without even honestly examining it. So it remains a 'presumption'.

Ya,....what you've determined to be 'the word of god'.

Yep,...all have this choice.

pj

My presumption? – I’ve determined? – And it’s my choice?

THAT’S CALLED "FAITH" LIGHT; - if all that is applied to the Word of God; and for some reason it gets to you if someone really has a little FAITH. --- Philosophy is the opposite of faith; it’s SELF-INDULGENCE. – Self-indulgence in ones own mind, and not MINDIND the things of the Spirit. - That’s called INFIDELITY! – one is an infidel, if one doesn’t FAITH-fully seek Christ, and follow Christ when one has FOUND HIM. – Maybe you have only found yourself, - YEP-PEEEE for you. – My guess is, you despise the idea that I’ve just described. - THATS YOUR CHOICE!

Show me the first Old Testament, or New Testament person that was justified of God, that was required to read and study EVERY pile of garbage that man wrote using his own philosophy that wasn’t the words of God, before he was justified. --- Are we supposed to follow your philosophy of half and half Gnosticism? - Half material and half spiritual; and the spiritual is only there because some coward or lonely Gnostic couldn’t get it by the total philosophy of the material. -- You guys can’t even get it with your NEW philosophy of the Spiritual added to your material little world. --- You think I’m wrong about Mary and Mary. Read the Book and you’ll SEE that’s what God said. - GOD SAID, not some Gnostic Philosopher. – It’s CALLED, “CHRISTIAN”, not Gnosticism!

Paul – 100610

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
intellectual side orders............

intellectual side orders............

FreeLight,
This reminds me of my fanatical days, and it was intellectual suicide. :smack:

lol - Oh Clark! perish the thought.

I have Elaine Pagels 'Beyond Belief, The Secret Gospel of Thomas', but didnt finish reading it, have brought it out among my other books. As you may know...we've covered GoT in our Gnostic Cosmology thread.

Letsargue has some odd convolutions of logic here, and apparently there is a mish-mash of term-confusions and misunderstandings on what 'gnosis' actually is, besides hang-ups over 'labels'. But such is the challenge and adventure of 'language' :)

At any rate, this thread can serve as a Gnostic primer with resources for honest investigators. Let one discover things for himself, which is actually the only way. Having the experience of 'God' is key, and this cannot take place apart from 'knowledge' or the 'knowing' of such.

Jesus and all true teachers come to restore the keys of knowledge. Such are of inestimable value.

pj

Last edited:

Clark Frugal

Well said PJ. It's that personal experiential knowledge (gnosis) that must always be central to a true religion. It is a wonder how Christiandom has the division between heart and head. I don't pretend to understand that division but it is there. When I did care about the argument it would always lead to sorry when we, yet again, engaged in a debate about the gifts-of-the-spirit.

And that's not the topic hear of course. I don't know if Let's-Argue believes in any walking-by-the-spirit.

The first letter of John talks about knowing (gnosis) God. And if one took the time to read what the Gnostics wrote about that realization how could they dismiss them as heretics?

Letsargue

Well said PJ. It's that personal experiential knowledge (gnosis) that must always be central to a true religion. It is a wonder how Christiandom has the division between heart and head. I don't pretend to understand that division but it is there. When I did care about the argument it would always lead to sorry when we, yet again, engaged in a debate about the gifts-of-the-spirit.

And that's not the topic hear of course. I don't know if Let's-Argue believes in any walking-by-the-spirit.

The first letter of John talks about knowing (gnosis) God. And if one took the time to read what the Gnostics wrote about that realization how could they dismiss them as heretics?

It's walking "IN" the Spirit. Talking "IN" the Spirit, living "IN" the Spirit, and I'm "IN the Spirit; not "BY" anything.

Maybe you should study God and Christ instead of GNOSTICISM. God and Christ is right.

Paul -- 100810

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
It's walking "IN" the Spirit. Talking "IN" the Spirit, living "IN" the Spirit, and I'm "IN the Spirit; not "BY" anything.

Semantics :)

I'm sure Clark meant all the prepositions that you shared. Lets be careful now about splitting hairs ;)

Maybe you should study God and Christ instead of GNOSTICISM. God and Christ is right.

This presumption misses the mark. 'God' and 'Christ' are a central part of Gnostic Theology. Yep. - thats right.

pj