Where did God come from?

David King

I have always believed that God is eternal with no beginning. But I myself have often wondered, "Where did God come from?" Well, I found a possible answer, the key to which involves God's relationship with time.

I used to believe and teach that God is "outside of time". But I now realize that it is a logical impossibility for God to have created time in the first place, because creating time requires time to exist (during the creating) and not exist at that very same moment (during which, time still needs to be created because time does not yet exist). In other words, if time did not yet exist, in order for God to create time in the first place, a moment in time must already exist during which God recognizes his need to create time; a second moment in time must already exist during which God designs a plan to create time; and a third moment in time must already exist during which God implements his plan to create time, and all three of these moments in time must exist precisely during a time when time itself does not yet exist in order for time to still need to be created. And this unsolvable paradox doesn't disappear simply by claiming God is "outside of time", or God "transcends time", because no matter what dimension we imagine God to be in when God is "outside of time", God still cannot create time within that imaginary dimension unless time already exists in that imaginary dimension, because creating time in any dimension will always require time to exist and not exist at the very same moment in that very same dimension in that very same context, and thereby violate the Law of Non-Contradiction.

Most Christians recognize that God could never have created HIMSELF because that would require God to exist and not exist at the same moment, which is a logical impossibility. Yet those same Christians who believe that God could never have created HIMSELF still believe that God could and did create TIME, even though creating time requires time itself to exist and not exist at the very same moment, which is also logically impossible for the same reason! So if God could never have created HIMSELF under any circumstances, then it should be abundantly clear that God could never have created TIME under any circumstances either. In fact, when a Christian claims that "God is outside of TIME" in order to provide an imaginary way for God to create TIME (a way that gets around the need for time to exist and not exist at the very same moment), this is no different than claiming that, "God is outside of HIMSELF" in order to provide an imaginary way for God to create HIMSELF (a way that does not require God himself to exist and not exist at the very same moment)!

Not only is it impossible for an all-powerful God to have created time to begin with, but it turns out that an eternal God couldn’t even exist before the existence of time in order to create time to begin with, because no matter when God would create time, a truly eternal God would have already lived an eternity of time prior to that moment, otherwise he wouldn’t be eternal. But if God couldn’t have existed BEFORE time, then God had to come AFTER time, and so God must have come FROM time. Therefore, by default, God must be "LIVING TIME"----specifically, four dimensional, LIVING SPACETIME. Accordingly, the Trinity must be the LIVING PAST (the Father), the LIVING PRESENT (Jehovah/Jesus), and the LIVING FUTURE (the Holy Spirit).

Since God could never have CREATED time (i.e. CREATED the BEGINNING), then Christ would never say, “I CREATED the BEGINNING…”. And since God could never have EXISTED before time (i.e. EXISTED before the BEGINNING), then Christ would never say, “I EXISTED before the BEGINNING…” But as LIVING TIME, Christ would literally BE the BEGINNING, so (in Revelation 22:13) it would be only natural for Christ to say, “I AM [literally] the BEGINNING…”--the LIVING PAST. It is if Christ were saying,

“I AM [literally] the Beginning and the End"-—the Living Past and the Living Future. This is who and what I actually am and this is who and what the Trinity actually is—The Living Past, the Living Present and the Living Future. And since time itself is naturally eternal with no beginning, then I am likewise naturally eternal with no beginning, because I AM Living Time itself.

Only a non-living entity (like time itself) that is naturally eternal with no beginning that transitions into being alive can explain the origin of a living God who is likewise naturally eternal with no beginning. And, only a non-living entity composed of three inseparable parts (like time itself) that is naturally eternal with no beginning that transitions into being alive can explain the origin of a Trinity of three inseparable living beings who are likewise naturally eternal with no beginning.

If you are interested, I have created a detailed YOU-TUBE VIDEO EXPLANATION about this idea at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApYOxD3EIkg&feature=youtu.be

And you can read more about this idea at link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

David King

I welcome hearing your comments at the You-tube site mentioned above. Please visit my website at Link removed to read a lot more about how an eternal God with no beginning could have come into existence in the first place and yet STILL be eternal with ABSOLUTELY NO BEGINNING! This paradox is completely resolved by understanding that God is LIVING TIME, which means that somehow, an eternity ago, time itself became alive as four-dimensional LIVING SPACETIME, which is why Christ said, "I AM the BEGINNING and the END"---the LIVING PAST and the LIVING FUTURE. (Revelation 22:13)

Since by definition, the first part of time itself that becomes alive, conscious and self-aware would naturally be considered the relative “present” (and therefore become the LIVING PRESENT—Jehovah/Jesus), then as this “aliveness” travels backwards and forwards in time like a wave on the ocean, spreading from the “present” into the eternal past and into the eternal future, then the rest of eternal time would naturally be divided into (and would therefore naturally become) the LIVING PAST and the LIVING FUTURE respectively (i.e. the Father and the Holy Spirit). But in addition, even though the LIVING PRESENT would be the first part of God to actually become "alive", as the "aliveness" of time travels backward into all eternity past, God (as the LIVING PAST) would eventually become completely alive TRILLIONS OF YEARS BEFORE the LIVING PRESENT first became alive to begin with. And because this newly alive God is now alive throughout all past eternity and future eternity, we end up with a NEWLY ALIVE COMPLETELY ETERNAL GOD WITH NO BEGINNING AT ALL! Imagine that—a newly alive eternal God with ABSOLUTELY NO BEGINNING, all because the living being that is alive, is eternal time itself! And THAT is how an eternal God with no beginning could have come into existence in the first place and still have no beginning!

As I said, "Only a non-living entity (like time itself) that is naturally eternal with no beginning that transitions into being alive can explain the origin of a living God who is likewise naturally eternal with no beginning. And, only a non-living entity composed of three inseparable parts (like time itself) that is naturally eternal with no beginning that transitions into being alive can explain the origin of a Trinity of three inseparable living beings who are likewise naturally eternal with no beginning."

Please check out uniquebibleanswers.com to read about how and why the energy of time is actually the same as dark energy that can create and expand space----creating the structure of spacetime itself----and also read about the mechanism by which spacetime might have become alive, conscious, all-powerful and all-knowing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@David King Please do not link drop. It is against the rules of the forum.

Also I did review the link. This is a presentation goes beyond Open View and says that Time is what always existed, not God. His adeas are a bit odd. But's he's free to dicuss them. Just keep the posts a bit smaller. Giant posts are hard to read on a monitor.