Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did God come from?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    Says who? You? ...this from a person who accepts the existence of god without wondering what may have caused "it."
    part of the definition of god is that which is not caused
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
      You are avoiding the question and doing everything you can to keep from answering the question...

      AGAIN, would you agree with this statement:

      "Everything that is had a beginning?"


      NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end. I Thought I had said something like that already; Sorry.

      Paul – 101309
      ---Gal. 4:16.
      ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
        NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end.
        God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.
        "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

        If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
          God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.


          OOOHHH MMYyyy:

          You guys.
          You forgot God, Jesus said, “Before the world was, I am”. The word was with God in the beginning. God was by himself before the beginning. God just started to speak in the beginning and the speaking created and - "began" - all things. But before God spoke there was nothing but God in his rest / sleep, and dreamed a dream. – If you weren’t there how do you know? You didn’t even read what you said there. How do you know I wasn’t there in and before the beginning? Guess?
          Peace.

          Paul – 101309
          ---Gal. 4:16.
          ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

          Comment


          • So you DON'T believe that everything existed eternally now?
            "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

            If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
              part of the definition of god is that which is not caused
              Science is beginning to notice the same thing about the universe... it exists without a cause.

              Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
              to accept the existence of something without wondering what may have caused it is irrational
              To not hold your "god" to the same standard you apply to everything else is not only irrational it is insane.
              "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
                NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end. I Thought I had said something like that already; Sorry.

                Paul – 101309
                You exist so therefore you had no beginning. Interesting. I think you are simply avoiding the question to keep from defending the obvious conclusion.

                If you agree with, "Everything that is had a beginning," you are stuck with trying to explain the beginning of god. What a conundrum!
                Last edited by Silent Hunter; October 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM.
                "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                  God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.
                  Quotes from the Bible are not proof of the existence of the Christian god.
                  "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
                    OOOHHH MMYyyy:

                    You guys.
                    You forgot God, Jesus said, “Before the world was, I am”. The word was with God in the beginning. God was by himself before the beginning. God just started to speak in the beginning and the speaking created and - "began" - all things. But before God spoke there was nothing but God in his rest / sleep, and dreamed a dream. – If you weren’t there how do you know? You didn’t even read what you said there. How do you know I wasn’t there in and before the beginning? Guess?
                    Peace.

                    Paul – 101309
                    Interesting hypothesis. Now prove that you and the Christian god were there together in the "beginning" and you've made your case.
                    "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                      So you DON'T believe that everything existed eternally now?
                      I cannot answer for Letsargue but, yes, everything that exists has always existed and will always exist given that matter and energy are interchangable and the hypothesis, yet to be falsified, that matter can neither be created or destroyed.
                      "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                        Science is beginning to notice the same thing about the universe... it exists without a cause.
                        so they know what caused the big bang?
                        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                          so they know what caused the big bang?
                          The "big bang hypothesis" appears to be on the way out to be replaced by the "cosmic strings hypothesis." (Google it.) Christians are always the last to know.
                          Last edited by Silent Hunter; October 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM.
                          "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                            So you DON'T believe that everything existed eternally now?


                            I believe that in the beginning God said let there be Heaven and Earth, and there they were. However, it was the Word that was with God that created it; “and the Word was with God”. However, before this all took place God was by himself in his rest. Seek to enter into his rest. God’s rest is at both ends of ever; before the beginning and after the end. We enter back into God’s rest at the end.
                            Peace.

                            Paul – 101309
                            ---Gal. 4:16.
                            ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                              You exist so therefore you had no beginning. Interesting. I think you are simply avoiding the question to keep from defending the obvious conclusion.

                              If you agree with, "Everything that is had a beginning," you are stuck with trying to explain the beginning of god. What a conundrum!


                              I can’t tell if you are trying to be a little smart or still can’t get what I’m saying.

                              All that exists has always been, nothing has ever been started in the absolute. If things appear to have been STARTED, then that which started it formed it from itself. Many things can be a beginning of a rearrangement of what does already exist. Explosions are the most predominant, but that doesn’t end anything, only changes it.

                              You said, “I exist, therefore I had no beginning”. NO! I am made up of the same stuff that has always existed. I said that stuff changes but never starts or ends. How can something end without changing? If it changes it has started again in a different way, but is still there. According to scientific law, nothing can be created nor destroyed, only changed. It has all always been here and will always be here, according to physical law; not spiritual law.
                              Peace.

                              Paul – 101309
                              ---Gal. 4:16.
                              ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                                The "big bang hypothesis" appears to be on the way out to be replaced by the "cosmic strings hypothesis." (Google it.) Christians are always the last to know.


                                I did away with the Big Bang long ago. It never made any sense. neither does the Black Hole nonsense.

                                Paul -- 101309
                                ---Gal. 4:16.
                                ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X