You, because you did the action.
    Wow!

Unreal.

So,

1. I have no control whatsoever of the things that I do
    2. Therefore I cannot control that I "make up problems"
    3. God perfectly planned that I "make up Problems"
    4. My "making up problems" is by God's design
    Yet, you assert I am personally accountable for making up problems?

Z Man, let's assume now that I do something good. Lets assume that I display the one or all of the following behaviors: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Am I responsible for displaying these behaviors or is God?

Will you remain consistant with your above assertion about me "making problems" and answer "YES"?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
      Wow!

Unreal.

So,

1. I have no control whatsoever of the things that I do
      2. Therefore I cannot control that I "make up problems"
      3. God perfectly planned that I "make up Problems"
      4. My "making up problems" is by God's design
      Yet, you assert I am personally accountable for making up problems?

Z Man, let's assume now that I do something good. Lets assume that I display the one or all of the following behaviors: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Am I responsible for displaying these behaviors or is God?

Will you remain consistant with your above assertion about me "making problems" and answer "YES"?
      Of course.

Knight, your astonishment really shows your absent-mindedness. Your very astonishment over the idea that you are responsible for things God has ordained is the very reason we began this thread. I have presented my argument for this already. I feel like we've just started the beginning of this topic!

You may not believe it, or not even like the idea, but it doesn't matter, because there is Biblical proof to show individuals who were resonsible for the very things God ordained.
      Question what you believe in, and then you'll know.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Man
        Of course.

Knight, your astonishment really shows your absent-mindedness. Your very astonishment over the idea that you are responsible for things God has ordained is the very reason we began this thread. I have presented my argument for this already. I feel like we've just started the beginning of this topic!

You may not believe it, or not even like the idea, but it doesn't matter, because there is Biblical proof to show individuals who were resonsible for the very things God ordained.
        Hmmmm interesting . . . .

If I can be responsible for doing "good things" it would only follow that I can be responsible for being smart enough to repent of my sin and choose to accept Christ and the work He did on the corss.

Would you agree then that I am responsible for choosing to be saved?

Comment

Hmmmm interesting . . . .

If I can be responsible for doing "good things" it would only follow that I can be responsible for being smart enough to repent of my sin and choose to accept Christ and the work He did on the corss.

Would you agree then that I am responsible for choosing to be saved?
          Yes, and only by the grace of God were you able to do so!

Comment

Yes, and only by the grace of God were you able to do so!
            Huh? Please explain that, because in the context of this thread your comment doesn't really make much sense.

Are you saying God allows me to make the choice to accept Christ?

If so, we have no disagreement there.
            Last edited by Knight; July 1st, 2005, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Huh? Please explain that, because in the context of this thread your comment doesn't really make much sense.

Are you saying God allows me to make the choice to accept Christ?

If so, we have no disagreement there.
              Yes, we do agree on this. Where we disagree is that I believe He does not allow everyone to choose. Also, those who do not know Christ are not in the state of mind where they genuinely want to believe, and God is being 'mean' and not allowing them to. They truly, in their heart of hearts, reject God and everything He stands for. God simply chooses not to let His grace extend to them. If He did, like He has for me and you, then they'd believe.

Comment

Yes, we do agree on this. Where we disagree is that I believe He does not allow everyone to choose. Also, those who do not know Christ are not in the state of mind where they genuinely want to believe, and God is being 'mean' and not allowing them to. They truly, in their heart of hearts, reject God and everything He stands for. God simply chooses not to let His grace extend to them. If He did, like He has for me and you, then they'd believe.
                OK, I really don't want to add anything to what you just stated.

I think it says more about your theology than I could possibly say.

Thanks for the time on this "One on One" it has been enlightening.

Comment

Working...
                X