One on one: Mr. 5020 & Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
LOL . . . The Edge bad repped me for this thread with the note...."the future is known by God. Otherwise we wouldn't have Revelation to John" :chuckle:

I love you Edge your TOL's biggest knob. :up:
On the flip side , he good reps me for this thread every chance he gets. :)

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
No.

There is no future to "peek" into. The future doesn't exist! The past doesn't exist. The only thing that actually exists is the ever passing moment (which by the way is also the name of a excellent CD by MxPx).

You seem to think the future exists, can you tell me where it exists? Is it simply in God's mind? Or elsewhere?
This is a confusing post (except for the CD part). Like you're trying to say time exists in a physical location. To ask "where does the future exist" is no harder to answer than "where does the present exist," I think.

Also, my question didn't get answered the way I expected it to. drbrumley has said that he is an open theist and that God can at anytime peek into the future, but He won't, so that humans have free will. With that in mind, I was a little caught off guard by your answer, because I've never cared enough about this doctrine to give it half an hour to study it.

Like I said, I will be out for a few days. I will take a little more time to study this "wacky thing" called "open theism." If you have any references that will help that study, send 'em over.

I agree, :up:.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Like I said, I will be out for a few days. I will take a little more time to study this "wacky thing" called "open theism." If you have any references that will help that study, send 'em over/
Fair enough.

And when you ghet time you can answer the question from a few posts ago . . .

How can God be still in the past yet be finished suffering on the cross?

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Fair enough.

And when you ghet time you can answer the question from a few posts ago . . .

How can God be still in the past yet be finished suffering on the cross?
God's omnipresence doesn't include the suffering of Himself or His children. He is in the past, yet He forgets our sins, yet we will be judged by our works at the Bemas Seat.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
God's omnipresence doesn't include the suffering of Himself or His children. He is in the past, yet He forgets our sins, yet we will be judged by our works at the Bemas Seat.
I have no idea what you just said.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
I have no idea what you just said.
Me neither.

I guess I was making this point. He exists in the past. The Bible says that He forgets our sins. But, we will be judged at the Bemas Seat. I was saying that I do not fully understand how He forgets our sins but we are judged by them later.

Unlike OV/CV theists, I am not willing to put God in a box because I don't understand every concept. If God's ever small enough to fit in that box, He may not be big enough to be God.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Me neither.

I guess I was making this point. He exists in the past. The Bible says that He forgets our sins. But, we will be judged at the Bemas Seat. I was saying that I do not fully understand how He forgets our sins but we are judged by them later.
He only forgets our sins if we accept His work on the cross.

If we accept His work on the cross we are sealed with the Holy Spirit and considered Holy and blameless until the day of redemption.

Unlike OV/CV theists, I am not willing to put God in a box because I don't understand every concept. If God's ever small enough to fit in that box, He may not be big enough to be God.
Like it or not there are only two options: either the future is closed or the future is open (fully or partially). There are no other logical options are there?

Can you give me another option?

Status
Not open for further replies.