One on One: beanieboy's questions get answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
Think what you want. Judge it the way you want.
If Jesus does come into our heart when asked, I had asked once.
If you believe in OSAS, then I am saved - no matter what you say.
It is beyond my control. It isn't me you will have to answer to.

I won't discuss whether I was once christian or not
OK, so why do you keep bringing it up?

I will ignore all future posts judging my sincerety of my beliefs, and being christian in my youth.
Fair enough.

beanieboy

Knight said:
Is that it beanie?

Do you have any other unanswered questions?

I thought about this over the weekend, about why this thread was started.

When I said that my questions weren't answered, it was directed at people like Nineveh.
Since then, several other people have asked Nineveh questions, and I watched Nin dodge. They had the same problem that I do.

So, yes, you answer, but there are other people that don't, or won't, and I think either you don't see it, nor want to see it.

But as for questions, I'm unclear why it has to be a private thread.
I have questions, and welcome any poster to answer.

I was curious about your personal views of Calvinism, which I have never studied. You answer.

But you have to admit that there are thread where, when you really push someone for a yes/no answer, ie., do christians sin, they will tapdance around the definitive answer. There are others who will, of course, but there are others who never will.

Human nature, I suppose.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
But as for questions, I'm unclear why it has to be a private thread.
I have questions, and welcome any poster to answer.
I realize that you prefer a bit more participation, I think then it's easier for you to make the claim you are being mistreated or ignored.

I was curious about your personal views of Calvinism, which I have never studied.
Calvinism places responsibility for every thought and every action for all of history on God and removes all responsibility from man and his rejection of God (Calvinists deny that they believe this but their theology affirms this notion).

Clearly that theology is in error.

beanieboy

Knight said:
I realize that you prefer a bit more participation, I think then it's easier for you to make the claim you are being mistreated or ignored.

Calvinism places responsibility for every thought and every action for all of history on God and removes all responsibility from man and his rejection of God (Calvinists deny that they believe this but their theology affirms this notion).

Clearly that theology is in error.

I don't agree with it either.
I doesn't make much sense.l

As for wanting to claim to be mistreated or ignored, I am targeted here a lot. I don't think you have directly said anything, have not asked called me a pile of filth or puke, etc, but you certainly allow it to happen without saying much at all. Personally, I find it troubling that there is more rebuking of the unbelievers, but rarely rebuking of the brethren of Christ, and some will even insist that they above being rebuked.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
I don't agree with it either.
I doesn't make much sense.
:up:

As for wanting to claim to be mistreated or ignored, I am targeted here a lot. I don't think you have directly said anything, have not asked called me a pile of filth or puke, etc, but you certainly allow it to happen without saying much at all. Personally, I find it troubling that there is more rebuking of the unbelievers, but rarely rebuking of the brethren of Christ, and some will even insist that they above being rebuked.
beanie... the truth is you are in open opposition to God and are headed for hell.

Leviticus 18:22 ‘You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

1Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

A true friend wouldn't hide this truth from you.

beanieboy

Knight said:
:up:

beanie... the truth is you are in open opposition to God and are headed for hell.

Leviticus 18:22 ‘You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

1Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

A true friend wouldn't hide this truth from you.

You've already said this. I heard you the first time, I simply don't agree.

By the same token, I think there are many christians here who, through their abrasive behavior, push more people away from God than draw them toward him.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
I think there are many christians here who, through their abrasive behavior, push more people away from God than draw them toward him.
Do you believe that there is a god?

beanieboy

Um, wow. That's a good question.
Yes. But not the Christian God. Not one who sits there with a note pad, writing down the grape that I ate without paying at the supermarket.

I think that God is literally love. I believe that the main focus of Christ was love and forgiveness, not condemnation. I think that God presents himself wherever he wants, and that christians don't have a monopoly on him.

But God is more complicated than we think. There was a night when I asked God to reveal himself. I looked up into the night sky, and thought, God is like the sky, reaching as far from one side to the next, and going deeper than we have ever been. And that is simply the part that we can understand.

So, I began to call God "the Universe", to remind myself that God does not live in a church like a cage, but is everywhere, all the time, in all things. And then I saw God everywhere I looked.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
So, I began to call God "the Universe", to remind myself that God does not live in a church like a cage, but is everywhere, all the time, in all things. And then I saw God everywhere I looked.
Did you look in your toilet? Was your god there as well?

beanieboy

Knight said:
Did you look in your toilet? Was your god there as well?

Wow. Is that how your mind works? Potty humor?

Have you ever met anyone whose kidneys failed? Their kidneys no longer take out waste, so it begins to poison their body.
Do I think the process of elimination of waste is a good thing?
Certainly.
Did the Creator create it for a reason?
Yes.

I'm sorry that you don't see elimination of waste from the body as something to thank God for, and instead, only use it for mockery, or the lowest form of humor.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
I'm sorry that you don't see elimination of waste from the body as something to thank God for, and instead, only use it for mockery, or the lowest form of humor.
I am talking about the waste itself, do you see your god in the waste or what? (and this isn't meant to be humorous).

Beanie.... you said you see god in EVERYTHING.... I was just trying to comprehend that type of statement.

How about this....
When people hijack airplanes and fly them into crowded office buildings murdering thousands of people do you see your god in that?

beanieboy

Knight said:
I am talking about the waste itself, do you see your god in the waste or what? (and this isn't meant to be humorous).

Beanie.... you said you see god in EVERYTHING.... I was just trying to comprehend that type of statement.

How about this....
When people hijack airplanes and fly them into crowded office buildings murdering thousands of people do you see your god in that?

Do I see God in waste?
Sure.
What do we use to make our lawns green? Waste.
It's all part of the big picture. Mold helped us to make penicillin.
Compost - rotted plants - can be used as food.

Do you believe that man invented that, or did it come from the Creator?

I'm amazed that the body is so complicated. It fights disease by raising temperature. My nose runs to catch things and expel them. My eyes tear to wash out a piece of dirt. My stomach rejects food in the form of vomit, instead of letting me process the food that would otherwise poison my body. Don't you find that fascinating? Don't you appreciate that you don't eat a piece of bad chicken and die, but instead, you body fights it without you doing anything consciously?

The body tells you when to eat, when to rest, when it needs exercise, and if you eat healthy food, will crave exactly what it needs. Skin rejuvenates, and creates dust from what it casts off. It's amazing.

Did I see god in 9/11?
Yes. I see God who created people to make a choice, even when they are bad ones.
I see people who have taken a loving God (Allah) and do something so heinous and do it self righteously, and see the same of the attitude some on TOL take.
I saw people drawn together by 9/11, instead of split apart. That was God.
And when 9/11 happened, you seem to have this crystal clear moment where you see your pettiness that drove wedges between you and your neighbor seem like nothing more than foolishness, and understand where priorities should be. That's God.
God created Satan to offer us choice.
He just hopes that we follow him, instead of killing each other, and feeding Satan.
And sometimes, people kill in the name of God, because they have been fooled by Satan.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
God created Satan to offer us choice.
You believe in Satan???

Earlier I asked you if you believed in God and you stated that you did, yet added...
But not the Christian God
How can you believe in Satan yet not in the God that created Him?

beanieboy

Knight said:
You believe in Satan???

Earlier I asked you if you believed in God and you stated that you did, yet added...How can you believe in Satan yet not in the God that created Him?

I guess I said that for your benefit.

A buddhist man said, "I feel like I have two wolves fighting inside me, one good, and the other evil." The student said, "Who will win?" The man answered, "The one whom I feed."

I don't believe that there are good or evil people. We are all capable of both.
But I also believe that we have choices, and it isn't a red suited devil on our shoulder. It's us. We know better, and make a decision.

Sometimes, people get so convinced that they are right, that they will even kill in the name of God, as we have seen throughout the centuries with Christianity and other religions.

Do I see "the Creator" in sinful things people do? Yes. I see human nature, I see weakness. The God of the bible created day but also created night.

It is possible to see God in all things.

beanieboy

Did you see The Last Temptation of Christ?

There is a part, where Jesus is asked where God lives, above in heaven or where?

Jesus says that when he looks at everything, he sees God.
The person responds, "What?? You see God in a fly?"
And Jesus says, "Yes. The fly has wings that make him float. He helps things decay. So when I look at a fly, I see the reflection of God."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
Did you see The Last Temptation of Christ?

There is a part, where Jesus is asked where God lives, above in heaven or where?

Jesus says that when he looks at everything, he sees God.
The person responds, "What?? You see God in a fly?"
And Jesus says, "Yes. The fly has wings that make him float. He helps things decay. So when I look at a fly, I see the reflection of God."
Uh... I don't put much stock into godless hollywood crap. I don't see God in the toilet nor do I see Him in mindless Hollywood garbage.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
Sometimes, people get so convinced that they are right, that they will even kill in the name of God, as we have seen throughout the centuries with Christianity and other religions.
Is killing in the name of God wrong or right?

beanieboy

God is everywhere, and a part of all things.
He's a part of you as much as he is a part of me.

Personally, I would rather see God in the mosquito, who provides food for bats, than curse God for mosquitos, or think they are a curse.

Everything is of and from him. Everything is interconnected.

Unfortunately, many people like to see themselves separate from the world altogether, and so, disrespect it, polluting its waters, without worrying about the fish that we will eat, the water we will need to drink, or any of the ramifications that come with abusing our environment.

It's all connected.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
God is everywhere, and a part of all things.
He's a part of you as much as he is a part of me.

Personally, I would rather see God in the mosquito, who provides food for bats, than curse God for mosquitos, or think they are a curse.

Everything is of and from him. Everything is interconnected.

Unfortunately, many people like to see themselves separate from the world altogether, and so, disrespect it, polluting its waters, without worrying about the fish that we will eat, the water we will need to drink, or any of the ramifications that come with abusing our environment.

It's all connected.
Are you a prophet of this "god"?

Do you speak for him/her/it?

Status
Not open for further replies.