Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all our righteousnesses filthy rags or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    Clete attacked me for saying Moses didn't kill someone in the same way that David had someone murdered, yet he said something completely untrue that the Bible does not say at all. He said one of the others being crucified was a "murderer". The Bible does not call him a murderer.
    You're a liar!

The whole thread is still here for everyone to read, fool!
    sigpic
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Clete View Post

On the contrary, I went to some trouble and spent quite a lot of time to not only make an argument but prpvided no less than twelve seperate citations of scripture to support that argument.
      And none of your citations of scripture shows that God is the one who demands sinless perfection.

That means your argument ends up just being something you believe without any scriptural support.

Good luck with that.
      Learn to read what is written.

_____
      The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
      ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

If a person murdered another, or committed adultery they were put to death and separated from God there were no animal sacrifices for those things.
        The scriptures show David did both of those things, and yet God still said that David was a man after His own heart.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
          The scriptures show David did both of those things, and yet God still said that David was a man after His own heart.

That isn't what is being debated.

However, since you want to make that statement, allow me to say that the Bible says David did everything right EXCEPT for the case of Uriah.

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

David HAD TO BEG AND REPENT to be forgiven.

Read Psalm 51.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

• No repenting then no forgiveness.

No repenting no forgiveness and no perfection by the Lord.

Comment

And none of your citations of scripture shows that God is the one who demands sinless perfection.

That means your argument ends up just being something you believe without any scriptural support.

Good luck with that.
              Practically the entire Bible shows that God will accept no less than sinless perfection.

In order for an Israelite to be considered righteous, he had to keep the law perfectly, and when he inevitably failed, he had to purify himself with the cleansing laws.

​​​​​​Jesus is the Bread of Life (John 6:35), and Paul says (Galatians 5:9) a little leaven (the stuff that causes bread to rise, which is likened to sin) leavens the whole lump (talking about dough that's used to make bread, talking about the body).

God is perfect. He cannot allow imperfection to last indefinitely, which is why He sent His Son to die on the cross to save us. The standard for righteousness is righteousness. Any less, and it's not righteous. There's not different levels of righteousness, and Paul makes that clear: For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). What is the glory of God? Perfection, righteousness, justice, love, etc...

In other words, saying God does NOT require perfection is not only false, but an insult to God, because He IS Perfect.

Comment

Good luck with that.
                Liar.

How do you people forget that the entire thread and everything I've said in it is still here for anyone to read?

Just utter stupidity!
                sigpic
                "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

The Jews didn't trust Paul because he used to drag the Jews out of their homes and put them in jail for believing in Jesus.
                  Actually this does not make sense.

Paul used to drag Followers of Christ. Paul was a Good Jew until he gave it all up to become popular.

The Jews did not trust Paul because they saw him a self appointed, messiah.

His doctrine did not match what they had been told by God and the Prophets.

They KNEW this as they were instructed in what God and the Prophets had said, so Paul went to the Gentiles who had not heard of God or the Prophets.

As Paul wiped his feet to the Jews, the Apostles were making converts daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Child of God View Post

Actually this does not make sense.

Paul used to drag Followers of Christ. Paul was a Good Jew until he gave it all up to become popular.

The Jews did not trust Paul because they saw him a self appointed, messiah.

His doctrine did not match what they had been told by God and the Prophets.

They KNEW this as they were instructed in what God and the Prophets had said, so Paul went to the Gentiles who had not heard of God or the Prophets.

As Paul wiped his feet to the Jews, the Apostles were making converts daily.
                    You don't know the scriptures. I can help.

Comment

You don't know the scriptures. I can help.
                      SO help me.

I am pretty good on what the Scriptures Say.

You are here to help.

HELP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Child of God View Post

SO help me.

I am pretty good on what the Scriptures Say.

You are here to help.

HELP.
                        So you are a Paul hater, correct? You don't think the Bible has all truthful apostles and scriptures, correct?

You have to ask God to forgive you through Jesus Christ and repent of your ignorance.

Comment

So you are a Paul hater, correct? You don't think the Bible has all truthful apostles and scriptures, correct?

You have to ask God to forgive you through Jesus Christ and repent of your ignorance.
                          You said you were going to HELP me on what the Scriptures SAY.

You seem to be expressing an opinion of what the SCRIPTURES Say, as to compared to what they actually SAY.

Let us put up Scriptures, and let those Scriptures Express themselves as to what they say.

You are one that,

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

I know you are one that does this, I still will bring to you the Lord Jesus Christ.

Turns out My God, IS God.

Have you heard of Jesus?

Comment

Jesus is NOTHING without Paul making followers of him, Correct?

Jesus is my lawyer take it up with him, as you dispute, my case.

Comment

• To Hell?

Actually yes, you get like 3 chances, God is long suffering, how many chances did God give the Hebrews?
                              That is an actual QUESTION?

How many chances did God give the Hebrews?

Comment

• Jesus was CONFUSED when he said this,

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
                                Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
                                Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
                                Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
                                Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
                                Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
                                Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
                                Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X