• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by henrydv View Post
    Amen and Amen
    After we believe, We are baptized.
    Repent, and be baptized Acts 2:38
    they that gladly received his word were baptized Acts 2:41
    they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized. Acts 8:12
    Simon himself believed he was baptized
    Acts 8:13
    If thou believest with all thine heart Acts 8:37
    the eunuch said I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Philip baptized him. Acts 8:35-39
    Saul believe in Jesus Acts 9:8 Saul baptized Acts 9:18
    They heard the word, believed and were baptized Acts 10:4-48
    And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God. She already believed.
    Acts 16:14
    she was baptized Acts 16:16
    charging the jailor to keep Paul and Silas Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved safely. the jailor asked. Sirs, what must I do to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. They were baptized after they believed Acts 16:20-33
    believed on the Lord with all his house, and many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized. Acts 18:8
    I do not read in the bible that a person is baptized and then believe. I only read that we must believe first then are baptized.
    All these verses teach you must believe before you are baptized.
    There are more verses than these in the Bible.
    Sorry to say... you're another one (and there are MANY) that does not rightly divide the word of truth per Paul.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
      From the following passage we can understand that submitting to the rite of water baptism plays no part in a person's salvation:

"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy" (Ro.9:15-16).

When anyone submits to the rite of water baptism his "will" is involved and Paul says that "it is not of him who willeth." So submitting to the rite of water baptism plays no part in anyone's salvation. When the first century believers submitted to the rite of water baptism their being "born of God" had nothing to do with any of their "wills":

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God"
      (Jn.1:11-13).

It is impossible for anyone to submit to the rite of water baptism apart from his will.
      A man must be born of both water and the Spirit (John 3:5). Not just the Spirit. That is the will of God, as stated by God (Himself). Before he is born of water and the Spirit, a man must first believe (Mark 16:16). In the case of those incapable of believing on their own, God accepts the belief of others on their behalf. This would be the case with infants, and others who cannot reason. God's grace leads the way in all of these cases. A man is no more water baptized by his own will alone, than he believes by his own will alone. God's grace always leads the way, and without God, man can do nothing (John 15:5). And that is the meaning of "by the will of God". For God can "pour out His grace to" or "withhold His grace from" whomever He wishes, and his being born again is dependent on this grace which is dependent on His mercy (Rom 9:16).
      Last edited by Fisherofmen; September 22nd, 2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherofmen View Post
        A man must be born of both water and the Spirit (John 3:5). Not just the Spirit. That is the will of God, as stated by God (Himself). Before he is born of water and the Spirit, a man must first believe (Mark 16:16).
        The Lord Jesus used the word "water"symbolically and it refers to the "water of separation: it is a purification for sin" (Num.19:9).

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
          From the following passage we can understand that submitting to the rite of water baptism plays no part in a person's salvation:

"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy" (Ro.9:15-16).

When anyone submits to the rite of water baptism his "will" is involved and Paul says that "it is not of him who willeth." So submitting to the rite of water baptism plays no part in anyone's salvation. When the first century believers submitted to the rite of water baptism their being "born of God" had nothing to do with any of their "wills":

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God"
          (Jn.1:11-13).

It is impossible for anyone to submit to the rite of water baptism apart from his will.
          There are things we have to do to get saved. God's word is true, and He says if we do this and that then He will save us.

The scripture you posted from John is about salvation since Jesus.

Since Jesus Christ and his appearing, it no longer matters to whom we are blood related, it only matters now if we come to God by the blood of Jesus Christ:

See John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Did you read how the scripture says 'not of natural descent'?
          Natural decent is about those to whom we are blood related.
          The written Word of God says NOT of natural descent. That means it does not matter if someone is blood related to Abraham anymore.

Now see how the scripture says not of human decision?
          That is about a human cannot make the decision to be saved just by saying they are saved.

See how the scripture says not of a husband's will?
          That is about a husband not being able to have his wife become a Jew by converting her with certain rituals the Jews used to do.
          In the past, a Jew could marry and then the wife performs the practices of Judaism, and so become a Jew and a child of God...this is no more now since Jesus.

Being born of God is how we are now saved. We are born of God by receiving the Holy Spirit. We receive the Holy Spirit by asking Jesus to save us, after we repent of our sins and calling on him.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherofmen View Post
            A man must be born of both water and the Spirit (John 3:5). Not just the Spirit. That is the will of God, as stated by God (Himself). Before he is born of water and the Spirit, a man must first believe (Mark 16:16). In the case of those incapable of believing on their own, God accepts the belief of others on their behalf. This would be the case with infants, and others who cannot reason. God's grace leads the way in all of these cases. A man is no more water baptized by his own will alone, than he believes by his own will alone. God's grace always leads the way, and without God, man can do nothing (John 15:5). And that is the meaning of "by the will of God". For God can "pour out His grace to" or "withhold His grace from" whomever He wishes, and his being born again is dependent on this grace which is dependent on His mercy (Rom 9:16).
            No one can get baptized for another person. A person must first repent of their sins and believe that Jesus' shed blood on the cross washes away their sins.

Comment

Just because a person gets water baptized does not mean they are saved. There are people in the Bible who believed and were water baptized but they did not yet receive the Holy Spirit.

It is of great importance to know what water baptism is, to know what it means.

Water baptism shows that you are PROMISING GOD that you will die to the sins of the world and live to please him.

I see people who live a sinful life as always, but they claim they are saved. I don't think they realize that they were supposed to make the promise to God to die to the sins of the world and raise up to a life of pleasing Jesus.

Read what Paul says in the next two scriptures about water baptism:

Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Paul is describing water baptism. The believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.

Water baptism is a ceremony, symbolic of what usually has already happened in the believer.

No one has to join a church to get baptized. A person can get baptized in their pool or bathtub as they did in the New Testament times.

Comment

People who were water baptized by John still had to receive the Holy Spirit after hearing and believing the gospel.

There were people who were water baptized in the name of Jesus but didn’t receive the Holy Spirit until after prayers.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 2:18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

During the New Testament times, the people heard the true gospel and then were water baptized right afterwards. That is because the apostles at that time water baptized right after a person repented and believed.

That is just the way it happened during the laying of the foundation.

We don't have apostles telling us the true gospel and convincing us with miracles and wonders and then water baptizing us.

A person might have to go through many years of their life to find the truth, since there are so many false teachings.

Comment

Water baptism is a symbol...

1 Peter 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

...and a pledge.

Read how Peter says Noah and his family were saved through water, and that this water (the water of baptism that Christians do) is symbolic of the baptism (of the Spirit) that now saves you.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Paul spoke about the water in the sea and the cloud concerning the time with Moses, and Peter speaks of the time of water with Noah. The water of the Christians time is water baptism. It is literal water about something SYMBOLIC.

Comment

Working...
                  X