ECT Loving Jesus enough to obey Him ensures salvation

lifeisgood

Jesus didn't come to earth just to preach a bunch of stuff and then have it nullified by dying on the cross.
No; Jesus' words are FOREVER and for EVERYONE and it came into FORCE for everyone once he died.

You have the wrong understanding of Jesus' mission on earth and you keep on looking for the right quantity of deeds you must perform so that YOU KNOW if Jesus has saved you or not. By your profession of faith you have been declaring that YOU DO NOT KNOW if Jesus has saved you or not and that is a sad statement of fact. That is what you, GT, are expressing.

Jesus DOES NOT NEED your deeds TO SAVE YOU. Salvation is ALL and TOTALLY of Him and ONLY of Him.

THEN, He will show you the works He has prepared for you to do. You are conflating with TO BE SAVED and ALREADY SAVED. Two completely different themes.

PS: Uppercase is NOT screaming. It is easier for emphasis.

lifeisgood

Jesus doesn't tell everyone to be a traveling minster, but he DOES tell EVERYONE they will NOT enter the kingdom unless they humble themselves as a child.

Oh, so now you are saying that you do NOT obey Jesus' words when he said go and tell beginning at Jerusalem and then around the whole world but YOU have to ADD YOU DEEDS for Him to SAVE YOU? What a convoluted religion of one you follow.

lifeisgood

Doing what Jesus says does not make one fail, it makes one saved.

ANOTHER LIE. Again, you, GT, are saying that when Jesus said ‘It is finished’ He was lying because you, GT, insist that YOU have to ADD YOUR DEEDS to His 'It is finished' for Him to save you; therefore, proclaiming that Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary was not enough. Shame on your lie, GT.

You, GT, keep on CONFLATING Jesus SAVING with Jesus having ALREADY SAVED.

No wonder your brilliance has blinded you. Again, pray tell how many of your deeds TO BE SAVED Jesus told you to do? Give me the verses, please. Common, show me. Teach me. Silence me.

lifeisgood

No such thing what you are saying.
Jesus told someone to get him a donkey and since we aren't bringing him donkeys doesn't mean we are disobedient and now don't have to do anything, per your logic.

Matthew 21:2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an *** tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

Well, you, GT, are the one vociferously confessing that you, GT, do all that Jesus said. I can go find and post it here if you so want me to.

God's Truth

You are shaming yourself, GT professing that YOU need to ADD your PITIFUL works TO BE SAVED.
Everyone has to obey Jesus to get saved, and obeying doesn't mean doing nothing.

TO BE SAVED, you or I or for that matter anybody else, CANNOT bring any pitiful word TO BE SAVED for Jesus said 'It is finished'. You, GT, insist in saying that Jesus is lying and you need to bring your works for Him to save you. .
You think that Jesus came to earth to show us the way and then said never mind.

Jesus saying it is finished is about him fulfilling the Prophets and the Law.

AFTER the Lord saves us THEN and ONLY THEN can we do the works that HE has PREPARED for us to do.
There are things to do to be saved and things to do after being saved.
You, GT, make soup with TO BE SAVED and ALREADY SAVED.
The recipe is from Jesus.

It isn't so hard, and it is more than soup, it is the real manna from heaven, it is God's flesh.

You, GT, by your profession is saying that you are not saved.
No way, lifieisgood. How can you miss it?

Listen to yourself and you will see that you are vociferously proclaiming that Jesus has not saved you because He NEVER told YOU how many deeds you are to perform for Him to save you. Listen to yourself carefully. That is what you are saying.
How do you get that?
Jesus tells us what to do and you need to trust him.
Listen to yourself and you might see that you are saying GT is not saved because of obedience to Christ. Think about it, Jesus says do this and do that, but you say wait no don't.

God's Truth

You have the wrong understanding of Jesus' mission on earth and you keep on looking for the right quantity of deeds you must perform so that YOU KNOW if Jesus has saved you or not.
Jesus tells us what we have to do. You have to trust him.

It is spiritual. Jesus says plainly that you will never enter unless...
Do you want to enter or not?
By your profession of faith you have been declaring that YOU DO NOT KNOW if Jesus has saved you or not and that is a sad statement of fact. That is what you, GT, are expressing.
Who are you mixing me up with?

Jesus DOES NOT NEED your deeds TO SAVE YOU. Salvation is ALL and TOTALLY of Him and ONLY of Him.
They are JESUS' DEEDS and they are LIFE AND SPIRIT.

THEN, He will show you the works He has prepared for you to do. You are conflating with TO BE SAVED and ALREADY SAVED. Two completely different themes.
Jesus SAYS what to do to get saved. Jesus is the ONE who says what do do.

God's Truth

Oh, brilliance blinded one, pray tell what is it that YOU have done that Jesus has said to do? Common, show me. Teach me. Silence me.

I have been telling you this whole time.

Jesus says to humble yourself as a little child.

That means to be ready to do whatever the Father says to do.

Jesus says to repent of your sins.

Jesus says to want God more than anyone and anything and to never ever give up.

He also says to call on him to help.

Haven't you read these things in the scriptures?

God's Truth

Oh, so now you are saying that you do NOT obey Jesus' words when he said go and tell beginning at Jerusalem and then around the whole world but YOU have to ADD YOU DEEDS for Him to SAVE YOU? What a convoluted religion of one you follow.

You don't know the difference.

God's Truth

You have not CONFESSED this LIE you just proclaimed that you have confessed ALL your sins.

My confession and repentance of sins were present sins, then every sin back in time until an infant.

God's Truth

ANOTHER LIE. Again, you, GT, are saying that when Jesus said ‘It is finished’ He was lying because you, GT, insist that YOU have to ADD YOUR DEEDS to His 'It is finished' for Him to save you; therefore, proclaiming that Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary was not enough. Shame on your lie, GT.

You, GT, keep on CONFLATING Jesus SAVING with Jesus having ALREADY SAVED.

No wonder your brilliance has blinded you. Again, pray tell how many of your deeds TO BE SAVED Jesus told you to do? Give me the verses, please. Common, show me. Teach me. Silence me.

Unless

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

If

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

God's Truth

Yes, believing in him ensures eternal life

We have to believe that all have to obey him and not just God the Father.

We have to call Jesus Lord, and if someone is your Lord, then we better do what he says.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

lifeisgood

We have to believe that all have to obey him and not just God the Father.

We have to call Jesus Lord, and if someone is your Lord, then we better do what he says.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

You CANNOT OBEY the one YOU do not BELONG TO.

First you MUST be saved and ONLY HE and HE ALONE WITHOUT any of your help CAN SAVE YOU. You just don't want to accept that YOU CANNOT help Him with YOUR salvation.
Then, AFTER He and HE ALONE WITHOUT any of your help has SAVED YOU, He will tell you the works the HAS PREPARED specifically for GT and nobody else to do.

lifeisgood

You can do it too, it is easy, Jesus says.

I do not want to vociferously say, unlike you, GT, that I can bring anything to the finished work of the Cross of Calvary for me TO BE SAVED.
I vociferously confess that HE ALONE WITHOUT any of my help HAS SAVED ME.
You, GT, just don't want to accept that YOU CANNOT help Him with YOUR salvation.

I on the other hand KNEW instinctively that I BROUGHT NOTHING to His finished work on the Cross of Calvary to save me when I called on His name.

God's Truth

You CANNOT OBEY the one YOU do not BELONG TO.
We belong to the one we obey.

First you MUST be saved and ONLY HE and HE ALONE WITHOUT any of your help CAN SAVE YOU.
Jesus tells us he only saves those who obey him.

You just don't want to accept that YOU CANNOT help Him with YOUR salvation.
You are rewriting the truth.

Who else is the one who says "Did God really say to ___?"
Then, AFTER He and HE ALONE WITHOUT any of your help has SAVED YOU, He will tell you the works the HAS PREPARED specifically for GT and nobody else to do.
What?
Jesus tells everyone what to do and we know it before we are save AND we have to HEAR it to get saved.