Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is critically important to understand Romans 6

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sorry JR ... IMO, this is not important ... I'ze not interested.
    "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
    you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
    (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
    (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
      Sorry JR ... IMO, this is not important ... I'ze not interested.
      It's extremely important, especially to your challenge to reconcile the OSAS doctrine.

      I'm pointing out a contradiction in the foundation of your beliefs, and you're just going to avoid it entirely?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
        It's extremely important, especially to your challenge to reconcile the OSAS doctrine.
        I'm pointing out a contradiction in the foundation of your beliefs, and you're just going to avoid it entirely?
        Okay, sorry, I couldn't get my head around the whole thing, so I copped (copt?) out.
        I'm busy for a few hours ... then I'll respond.
        "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
        you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
        (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
        (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
          I asked you how you reconcile the difference between what Jesus said and what Paul said.
          Jesus said that forgiving others is required to be forgiven
          (future tense, conditional) of one's own trespasses.
          Paul, on the other hand, said that we should forgive as a result of being forgiven
          (past tense, already happened).
          Why is what Paul taught different than what Jesus taught?
          Jesus: we forgive foist, then we will be forgiven later
          Paul: others forgive foist, then we should forgive

          I've always said "the hard sayings of Jesus"
          are mucho tougher than
          our marching orders in the epistles.

          Over and out from Star System #395820847.
          "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
          you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
          (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
          (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
            I presented Dr. Lester Sumrall to you.
            Also, it is well known that the same Greek word
            in the secular world often means something
            somewhat different in the Christian world of the NT.
            Lester Sumrall?

            Is he considered a Greek expert and did he say that one of the meanings of the Greek word translated "believe" is to obey?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
              Jesus: we forgive foist, then we will be forgiven later
              Paul: others forgive foist, then we should forgive

              I've always said "the hard sayings of Jesus"
              are mucho tougher than
              our marching orders in the epistles.

              Over and out from Star System #395820847.
              You must also be a big fan of Looney tunes.

              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                Lester Sumrall?
                Is he considered a Greek expert and did he say that one of the meanings of the Greek word translated "believe" is to obey?
                He qualifies for part B to the great judge who is you!

                Jerry, several Greek words have slightly different meanings in the NT
                than they duz in the secular world! ... Oh, I said that already.
                "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                  Jerry, several Greek words have slightly different meanings in the NT
                  than they duz in the secular world! ... Oh, I said that already.
                  I am still waiting for you to quote a Greek expert who defines the Greek word translated "believes" in the same way that you define it.

                  Anyone can make the Bible say anything they want it to say by placing foreign meanings on words found in the Scriptures. And that is exactly what you are doing in your effort to make the Scriptures say something that they don't say.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                    I am still waiting for you to quote a Greek expert who defines the Greek word translated "believes" in the same way that you define it.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    IMO, this resolves the conflict amongst all the NT verses
                    concerning eternal security, i.e. OSAS ...vs… NO OSAS:
                    True saving belief = enduring faith, trust, obedience,
                    and works + no habitual sinning (w/o repentance).

                    Those who “follow” Jesus “faithfully” are the BACs who
                    love Him enough to be “obedient” to His commandments!
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Something approximating da blue is necessary
                    to RECONCILE all of the NT verses.
                    "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                    you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                    (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                    (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                      IMO, this resolves the conflict amongst all the NT verses
                      concerning eternal security, i.e. OSAS ...vs… NO OSAS:
                      True saving belief = enduring faith, trust, obedience,
                      and works + no habitual sinning (w/o repentance).

                      Those who “follow” Jesus “faithfully” are the BACs who
                      love Him enough to be “obedient” to His commandments!
                      All you did was to make up out of thin air a meaning of the Greek word translated "believe" which is not sanctioned by any Greek expert!

                      All you do is change the meaning of words so that you can cling to your mistaken ideas!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X