Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NT verses to churches threaten loss of salvation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: NT verses to churches threaten loss of salvation

    So as to not overwhelm you, I have cut the whole NT list
    of warnings in HALF … so, I am ONLY listing warnings
    written to the churches:

    Do not be a slave of sin
    Romans 6:16, Romans 6:23, James 1:15, 1 John 5:18

    Do not live according to the flesh (carnally-minded)
    Romans 8:6, Romans 8:13, Galatians 6:8

    Do not desire to be rich
    1 Timothy 6:9

    Do not become entangled in (and overcome by) sin
    2 Peter 2:20-21

    Do not be estranged from Christ
    Galatians 5:4

    Do not fall from grace
    Galatians 5:4

    Do not draw back from the faith to perdition
    Hebrews 10:39

    Do not trust in riches, but be rich in good works
    1 Timothy 6:18-19

    Do not be blocked from entering the kingdom of God
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:3-6

    Do not be disobedient, for it proves unbelief
    Hebrews 3:18-19, Hebrews 4:1,11

    Do not be a false teacher, an apostate, etc.
    2 Peter 2:12-22, Jude 4,12-13

    Do not have your name blotted out of the Book of Life
    Revelation 3:5, Revelation 3:5

    Do not be blocked from entering the New Jerusalem
    Revelation 3:12

    Practice righteousness
    1 John 3:7-10, 1 John 2:29, Acts 10:35, 1 Corinthians 6:9, Romans 1:18

    Obey Jesus
    Romans 6:16, Hebrews 5:9, 1 John 2:3,

    Endure in the faith (conditional “IF” passages)
    1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 2:1-3,
    Hebrews 3:14, Colossians 1:21-23, 2 Timothy 2:12

    Repent of your on-going sins
    2 Corinthians 7:8-10, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 1:9

    Attain holiness
    Romans 6:19, Hebrews 12:14

    Continue in the true doctrine
    1 Timothy 4:16

    Make your call and election sure
    2 Peter 1:10-11

    Be a victorious overcomer (Revelation 3:21 explains who the overcomers are)
    Revelation 2:11
    "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
    you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
    (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
    (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

  • #2
    Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post

    Be a victorious overcomer (Revelation 3:21 explains who the overcomers are)
    Revelation 2:11
    Those who believe that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God are overcomers:
    "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
      Those who believe that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God are overcomers:
      "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).
      Sorry again, Jerry, Johnny's overcomers only overcame "the world" of nonbelievers
      because ... well, you can figure it out, right?
      "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
      you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
      (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
      (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
        Sorry again, Jerry, Johnny's overcomers only overcame "the world" of nonbelievers
        because ... well, you can figure it out, right?
        The verse does not say that. I answered one of the verses which you think denies OSAS so now it is your turn to answer the following words of the Lord Jesus which supports OSAS:
        "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
          The verse does not say that. I answered one of the verses which you think denies OSAS so now it is your turn to answer the following words of the Lord Jesus which supports OSAS:
          "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).
          I done going around in circles ... you have no idea what "believe" in the NT entails.
          YOU MUST RECONCILE THE 2 SETS OF OPPOSING VERSES.
          WHEN YOU'VE DONE THAT ... WE CAN TALK.
          SEE YOU IN A FEW YEARS, IF EVER.
          "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
          you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
          (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
          (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

          Comment


          • #6
            Poor self-righteous ZB
            All of my ancestors are human.
            Originally posted by Squeaky
            That explains why your an idiot.
            Originally posted by God's Truth
            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
              I done going around in circles ... you have no idea what "believe" in the NT entails.
              Please quote a Greek expert who says that the Greek word translated "believe" matches the meaning which you place on that word. Anyone can change the meaning of words and make the Scriptures say anything they want it to say.

              And that is exactly what you are doing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                Please quote a Greek expert
                YOU MUST RECONCILE THE 2 SETS OF OPPOSING VERSES.
                WHEN YOU'VE DONE THAT ... WE CAN TALK.
                SEE YOU IN A FEW YEARS, IF EVER.
                "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                  YOU MUST RECONCILE THE 2 SETS OF OPPOSING VERSES.
                  WHEN YOU'VE DONE THAT ... WE CAN TALK.
                  SEE YOU IN A FEW YEARS, IF EVER.
                  Which is your very best verse or passage that you can quote which you think proves that a person can perish after they believe? I will address that verse and I won't be forced to change the meaning of any words like you have to do in regard to the word "believe."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                    Which is your very best verse or passage that you can quote which you think proves that a person can perish after they believe? I will address that verse and I won't be forced to change the meaning of any words like you have to do in regard to the word "believe."
                    Why not choose your own example from da OP,
                    and show why it does not speak of losing salvation?
                    (I'm not wanting to force any of the verses on anyone!)

                    BTW, you have reconciled the 2 opposing groups already, right?
                    Nice goin'!
                    "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                    you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                    (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                    (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                      Why not choose your own example from da OP,
                      and show why it does not speak of losing salvation?
                      (I'm not wanting to force any of the verses on anyone!)

                      BTW, you have reconciled the 2 opposing groups already, right?
                      Nice goin'!
                      It's almost amusing (but actually sad) to see someone so confused and yet so loud and proud about their ignorance.
                      All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                      1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                      Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What is what you consider the very best verse which you think proves that OSAS is not true? Surely you have one, don't you? Here is one of the best ones which I think supports OSAS:
                        "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).

                        Your only answer to that verse is that the word "believes" means more than just thinking something is true but you fail to quote a Greek expert who agrees with the meaning which you place on the Greek word translated "believe."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                          What is what you consider the very best verse which you think proves that OSAS is not true?
                          I have a whole lot of favorites!
                          W/O explaining Romans 6 in detail ...
                          Romans 6:16 says anyone who is a slave of sin has eternal death.
                          Ditto for the stark contrast presented in Romans 6:23.
                          "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
                          you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
                          (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
                          (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                            I have a whole lot of favorites!
                            W/O explaining Romans 6 in detail ...
                            Romans 6:16 says anyone who is a slave of sin has eternal death.
                            The word "eternal" is not found in that verse. The "death" spoken of is in regard to the end of the "life" in a Christian's "walk" spoken about earlier in the same chapter:
                            "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Ro.6:4).

                            As long as a Christian is walking in newness of life then "the life of Jesus" is being manifested in his mortal body (2 Cor.4:11). But once he sins that newness of life comes to an end or dies.

                            This is not in regard to "salvation" but instead it is in regard to a Christian's walk. Once a Christian sins then when he confesses that sin he is cleansed from all unrighteousness (1 Jn.1:9) and he can once again begin to walk in newness of life.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                              I have a whole lot of favorites!
                              W/O explaining Romans 6 in detail ...
                              Romans 6:16 says anyone who is a slave of sin has eternal death.
                              Ditto for the stark contrast presented in Romans 6:23.
                              What a scripture PERVERTER you are. Taking verses OUT OF CONTEXT to twist the Word of God to your false theory!

                              Read the WHOLE passage IN ITS CONTEXT!

                              Rom 6:15-23 KJV What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. (16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. (18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. (19) I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. (20) For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. (21) What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. (22) But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. (23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

                              Praise God that believing the gospel and trusting Christ we receive the GIFT OF GOD .... eternal life.
                              All of my ancestors are human.
                              Originally posted by Squeaky
                              That explains why your an idiot.
                              Originally posted by God's Truth
                              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X