ECT THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE ARE LOST !!

DAN P

Hi to all and in 2 Cor 4:4 it reads , Among who the god of this AGE has blinded the THOUGHTS of the UNBELIEVERS , so that the Illumination of the Gospel of the glory of Christ , who is God's IMAGE ( IS ) not to shine forth on them !!

It seems that , the TULIP and LIMITED and ATONEMENT teaching will take a HIT with this verse , that it is Satan , is the cause of those being lost !!

As we saw in Genesis that the snake twisted , God's word as many are doing today but Paul warns us in 2 Cor 2:11 for we are not IGNORANT of his thoughts !!

The verb HATH BLINDED / HYPHLOO is also in the AOTIST TENSE or what is called Past Tense and unless the gospel shines on them they will be lost !!

We also see the verb SHOULD SHINE / AUGAZO is in the AORIST TENSE and began with Paul's preaching of the MYSTERY !!

We see in verse 7 we have a TREASURE /THESAUROS or a CASKET , TREASURY , A DESPOSIT , STORE HOUSE and this m treasure is the MYSTERY as recorded in Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

Many a person refuse to believe that Paul is the PATTERN for those being saved today as written in 1 Tim 1:16 !!

dan p

DAN P

We're not in that age anymore. Haven't been for a very long time.

Hi and the Greek word IS / ESTI is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and that PLACES 2 Cor 4:4 during Paul's ministry , the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God Rom 16:25 and Col 1:25 and Paul is RIGHT !!

What AGE are you in , IF YOU KNOW with a VERSE !!

dan p

ttruscott

We also see the verb SHOULD SHINE / AUGAZO is in the AORIST TENSE and began with Paul's preaching of the MYSTERY !!
Ummm, just a bit before that eh? as per: Colossians 1:23 ...if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. which has never been fulfilled on earth but the verb 'proclaimed / preached' is also in the aorist tense meaning a completed past action repeating often.

DAN P

Ummm, just a bit before that eh? as per: Colossians 1:23 ...if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. which has never been fulfilled on earth but the verb 'proclaimed / preached' is also in the aorist tense meaning a completed past action repeating often.

Hi and 6 verbs in Col 1:23 and the verb PREACHED is in the Greek AOTIST TENSE , but I do not agree with it action repeating often as the PRESENT TENSE is CONTINUOUS ACTION !!

dan p

Wick Stick

Hi and the Greek word IS / ESTI is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and that PLACES 2 Cor 4:4 during Paul's ministry , the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God Rom 16:25 and Col 1:25 and Paul is RIGHT !!

What AGE are you in , IF YOU KNOW with a VERSE !!

dan p
We're either in the latter stages of the 9th age or the beginnings of the 10th; I am not sure.

14a. And after that, in the ninth week, After this, in the ninth week, the righteous judgement shall be revealed to the whole world, shall the judgment of righteousness be revealed to the whole world.
14b. And all the works of the godless shall vanish from all the earth, 15. Every work of the ungodly shall disappear from the whole earth;
14c. And the world shall be written down for destruction. The world shall be marked for destruction;
14d. And all mankind shall look to the path of uprightness.

But Paul wrote that in the 8th age. That one I'm sure of.

DAN P

We're either in the latter stages of the 9th age or the beginnings of the 10th; I am not sure.

14a. And after that, in the ninth week, After this, in the ninth week, the righteous judgement shall be revealed to the whole world, shall the judgment of righteousness be revealed to the whole world.
14b. And all the works of the godless shall vanish from all the earth, 15. Every work of the ungodly shall disappear from the whole earth;
14c. And the world shall be written down for destruction. The world shall be marked for destruction;

But Paul wrote that in the 8th age. That one I'm sure of.

Hi and can you give a verse , in your reply ?

dan p

Wick Stick

Hi and can you give a verse , in your reply ?

dan p
If you don't know by now, quoting a single verse (prooftexting) is a bad way to establish theology. Nonetheless, I already gave you a very clear verse on this subject, which I can re-post til the cows come home:

But if that is not sufficient - and it shouldn't be - then we can also do it the right way, and look up all the passages on the subject. The following NT chapters all deal with the present age and the coming ages, and the signs of the changing of the age:

Matthew 12,13,24,28, Mark 4,10, Luke 1,18,20, Acts 3, Romans 9, 1Corinthians 2,10, 2Corinthians 4, Galatians 1, Ephesians 1-6, Colossians 1, 2Timothy 4, Hebrews 6,7,11, and the whole book of Revelation.

The Old Testament is also premeated with such things, and contains more ages than the NT, but since the references are too numerous to practically list here, I will simply give you the words to search for in order to find them yourself - week(s), generations, and ever. Anywhere that those words (or, rather the Hebrew words that underlie them) occur together in groups, you may be sure that the passage itself concerns itself with this topic.

DAN P

If you don't know by now, quoting a single verse (prooftexting) is a bad way to establish theology. Nonetheless, I already gave you a very clear verse on this subject, which I can re-post til the cows come home:

But if that is not sufficient - and it shouldn't be - then we can also do it the right way, and look up all the passages on the subject. The following NT chapters all deal with the present age and the coming ages, and the signs of the changing of the age:

Matthew 12,13,24,28, Mark 4,10, Luke 1,18,20, Acts 3, Romans 9, 1Corinthians 2,10, 2Corinthians 4, Galatians 1, Ephesians 1-6, Colossians 1, 2Timothy 4, Hebrews 6,7,11, and the whole book of Revelation.

The Old Testament is also premeated with such things, and contains more ages than the NT, but since the references are too numerous to practically list here, I will simply give you the words to search for in order to find them yourself - week(s), generations, and ever. Anywhere that those words (or, rather the Hebrew words that underlie them) occur together in groups, you may be sure that the passage itself concerns itself with this topic.

Hi and many say that they do not understand what I write and you are worst then , me it seems !!

The one that should concern all is the AGES and GENERATIONS of Col 1:26 , and if you do not know that , you are lost in your bible !!

dan p

Wick Stick

Hi and many say that they do not understand what I write and you are worst then , me it seems !!

The one that should concern all is the AGES and GENERATIONS of Col 1:26 , and if you do not know that , you are lost in your bible !!

dan p
I think it's clear. The problem of understanding here is definitely not me.

Wick Stick

Maybe if I make the sentences shorter...

Prooftexting is bad.
It doesn't work.
Why do you keep asking me to do it?

DAN P

Maybe if I make the sentences shorter...

Prooftexting is bad.
It doesn't work.
Why do you keep asking me to do it?

Hi and proof texting as you say is wrong , How do you prove what the bible says ?

Actually , I meant Col 1:26 , and if you can explain what HIDDEN means in that verse , than there must be 1000 explanation of that verse , I don't think so !! O WELL !!

dan p

Wick Stick

The idea of explaining a single verse is ludicrous, when you really think about it. You want to know what it means, at least read the whole chapter. Better if you read the whole letter.

Colossians, then, is a letter written to that church for the purpose of warning them about false teachers who would pervert the simplicity of the doctrine that they first received. They are warned on the one hand of philosophers, and on the other of Judaizers. Paul goes out of his way to make strong statements on both the humanity and deity of Jesus, and how those two are reconciled. If you had to pick one word to summarize the topic of this book, it would be reconciliation.

As for chapter 1, it is the introduction of the letter, and so it naturally introduces both the writer and audience, after which there is a benediction, exhortations for what the Colossians have done rightly, and then he goes on to broach the thought of the danger of such false teachers.

Since you wish to zoom in on verse 26 and its immediate context, it is part of Paul's self-identification. Here, he is ostensibly showing us his credentials. We have here a foreshadowing of the warning against Judaizers later in the book. This verse is a claim to superior knowledge than the Jews. Paul is saying that he's got the truth, while the Judaizers are still groping in the dark.

I look forward to your bumbling counter-assertion, where you trying to build a whole theology on half a dozen words ripped from their context.

DAN P

The idea of explaining a single verse is ludicrous, when you really think about it. You want to know what it means, at least read the whole chapter. Better if you read the whole letter.

Colossians, then, is a letter written to that church for the purpose of warning them about false teachers who would pervert the simplicity of the doctrine that they first received. They are warned on the one hand of philosophers, and on the other of Judaizers. Paul goes out of his way to make strong statements on both the humanity and deity of Jesus, and how those two are reconciled. If you had to pick one word to summarize the topic of this book, it would be reconciliation.

As for chapter 1, it is the introduction of the letter, and so it naturally introduces both the writer and audience, after which there is a benediction, exhortations for what the Colossians have done rightly, and then he goes on to broach the thought of the danger of such false teachers.

Since you wish to zoom in on verse 26 and its immediate context, it is part of Paul's self-identification. Here, he is ostensibly showing us his credentials. We have here a foreshadowing of the warning against Judaizers later in the book. This verse is a claim to superior knowledge than the Jews. Paul is saying that he's got the truth, while the Judaizers are still groping in the dark.

I look forward to your bumbling counter-assertion, where you trying to build a whole theology on half a dozen words ripped from their context.

Hi and Col 1:26 reads , The MYSTERY , the one Having Been Kept Secret , from the AGES and from Generations , but now was made Manifest to his Saints !!

The verb HAVING BEEN HID / APOKRYPTO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE !

The Greek PERFECT TENSE that this MYSTERY began with Paul and will CONTINUE until the B O C is taken from the earth to the heavens !!

The Greek PASSIVE VOICE means that God is completing the action !!~

The Greek PARTICIPLE is the Greek word HAVING !~

The Greek word IS MADE MANIFEST / PHANEROO is a verb in the AORIST TENSE and points back to when Paul began his ministry in Acts 9:6 and is also in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT as written in Col 1:26 !!

This IS how you can know what Col 1:26 means , and is LUDICROUS YOU SAY ??

There is more in Col 1:26 , BUT it would be LUDICROUS to say any more to you !!

dan p

Wick Stick

Wick Stick said:

Hi and Col 1:26 reads , The MYSTERY , the one Having Been Kept Secret , from the AGES and from Generations , but now was made Manifest to his Saints !!

The verb HAVING BEEN HID / APOKRYPTO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE !

The Greek PERFECT TENSE that this MYSTERY began with Paul and will CONTINUE until the B O C is taken from the earth to the heavens !!

The Greek PASSIVE VOICE means that God is completing the action !!~

The Greek PARTICIPLE is the Greek word HAVING !~

The Greek word IS MADE MANIFEST / PHANEROO is a verb in the AORIST TENSE and points back to when Paul began his ministry in Acts 9:6 and is also in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT as written in Col 1:26 !!

This IS how you can know what Col 1:26 means , and is LUDICROUS YOU SAY ??

There is more in Col 1:26 , BUT it would be LUDICROUS to say any more to you !!

dan p

You never fail to disappoint!