Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The word of God is perfect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: The word of God is perfect

    God's word, God's logos, the written logos is perfect.

    God is perfect, thus everything God does is perfect.

    Therefore His written logos is perfect.

    Not only is the entire written logos of God perfect but so is every word in the written logos of God perfect.

    And the order of every word in the written word is perfect.

    Since God's word is perfect, there are no contradictions in God's word. If there appears to be it is man's ignorance and his private interpretation that is to blame. II Peter 1:20

    For is was given to men because holy men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit to communicate it to us.

    However, there is a related question. Are all copies of the original word of God perfect?

    By the original word of God, I am referring to that which the holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, that which is "given by inspiration of God" II Peter 1:21, and II Timothy 3:16

    II Peter 1:21

    For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

    II Timothy 3:16-17

    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

    Are any copies or translations or versions perfect?

    I believe we can attain knowing the intent of God's word to us, in spite of having imperfect copies and translations and versions etc.

    II Timothy 2:15

    What say you?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  • #2
    Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
    God's word, God's logos, the written logos is perfect.

    God is perfect, thus everything God does is perfect.

    Therefore His written logos is perfect.

    Not only is the entire written logos of God perfect but so is every word in the written logos of God perfect.

    And the order of every word in the written word is perfect.

    Since God's word is perfect, there are no contradictions in God's word. If there appears to be it is man's ignorance and his private interpretation that is to blame. II Peter 1:20

    For is was given to men because holy men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit to communicate it to us.

    However, there is a related question. Are all copies of the original word of God perfect?

    By the original word of God, I am referring to that which the holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, that which is "given by inspiration of God" II Peter 1:21, and II Timothy 3:16

    II Peter 1:21

    For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

    II Timothy 3:16-17

    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

    Are any copies or translations or versions perfect?

    I believe we can attain knowing the intent of God's word to us, in spite of having imperfect copies and translations and versions etc.

    II Timothy 2:15

    What say you?


    Hi and translations are NOT INSPIRED and neither are Greek dictionaries and God did not make any mistakes in the fulfilled word as written in Col 1:25 and there is NOT DOUBLE INSPIRATION !!

    dan p

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
      God's word, God's logos, the written logos is perfect.

      God is perfect, thus everything God does is perfect.

      Therefore His written logos is perfect.

      Not only is the entire written logos of God perfect but so is every word in the written logos of God perfect.

      And the order of every word in the written word is perfect.

      Since God's word is perfect, there are no contradictions in God's word. If there appears to be it is man's ignorance and his private interpretation that is to blame. II Peter 1:20

      For is was given to men because holy men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit to communicate it to us.

      However, there is a related question. Are all copies of the original word of God perfect?

      By the original word of God, I am referring to that which the holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, that which is "given by inspiration of God" II Peter 1:21, and II Timothy 3:16

      II Peter 1:21

      For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

      II Timothy 3:16-17

      All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

      17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

      Are any copies or translations or versions perfect?

      I believe we can attain knowing the intent of God's word to us, in spite of having imperfect copies and translations and versions etc.

      II Timothy 2:15

      What say you?
      I think God spends more time keeping people out rather than the ever popular begging people to come in. This can be the only reason He allowed the mistranslating of the most important word in the original Greek texts. It's a stumbling block that will cause men to stumble. Yes the Greek texts are as close to a perfect message we will ever get from God . Unfortunately , the English will not provide that same message .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DAN P View Post
        Hi and translations are NOT INSPIRED and neither are Greek dictionaries and God did not make any mistakes in the fulfilled word as written in Col 1:25 and there is NOT DOUBLE INSPIRATION !!

        dan p
        God had the Apostle Paul write down the word of God those books that are Paul's

        I have not heard of the concept of double inspiration. What is that all about?

        Hypothetically, if the Apostle Paul translated the Aramaic into Greek what would call that? Inspired or uninspired?

        What if God told him to do that and Paul did that according to God's guidance?
        "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

        "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

        Pro scripture = Protestant

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Faither View Post
          I think God spends more time keeping people out rather than the ever popular begging people to come in. This can be the only reason He allowed the mistranslating of the most important word in the original Greek texts. It's a stumbling block that will cause men to stumble. Yes the Greek texts are as close to a perfect message we will ever get from God . Unfortunately , the English will not provide that same message .
          Well, should we start a list of what you think and what I think?

          Or

          Should we learn from God's word?
          "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

          "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

          Pro scripture = Protestant

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
            Well, should we start a list of what you think and what I think?

            Or

            Should we learn from God's word?
            What i think is based on 31 years of studying under a Dr. from Stanford University . He owned the largest collection of biblical manuscripts second only to the Vatican . He taught out of these manuscripts . And this is not mentioning 31 years of having the qualifying Spirit of Christ which allows the discernment needed to translate.

            What i'm presenting to you "is" what Gods Word says .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
              God had the Apostle Paul write down the word of God those books that are Paul's

              I have not heard of the concept of double inspiration. What is that all about?

              Hypothetically, if the Apostle Paul translated the Aramaic into Greek what would call that? Inspired or uninspired?

              What if God told him to do that and Paul did that according to God's guidance?

              Hi and only the original autographs are INSPIRED !!

              Translations are NOT INSPIRED !!

              Read 2 Tim 3:16 and believe !!

              dan p

              Comment


              • #8
                You got it ! The word " believe," is a non inspired translation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Faither View Post
                  You got it ! The word " believe," is a non inspired translation.

                  Hi , and you need to always check the Greek text before you write !!

                  Any one who knows Greek can do their own translation and there are approx 160 translation of the bible !!

                  dan p

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Faither View Post
                    What i think is based on 31 years of studying under a Dr. from Stanford University . He owned the largest collection of biblical manuscripts second only to the Vatican . He taught out of these manuscripts . And this is not mentioning 31 years of having the qualifying Spirit of Christ which allows the discernment needed to translate.

                    What i'm presenting to you "is" what Gods Word says .
                    That is very nice.

                    However, owning manuscripts does not a believer make.

                    Well, then since I was a Roman Catholic time, who evidently owns more manuscripts than your Dr. then the Vatican is smarter and more a believer than your mentor?

                    The scribes and Pharisees who wanted Jesus Christ dead also had manuscripts they referred to.

                    Big deal.

                    Did you mentor know how to rightly divide the word of truth?

                    Based on your "faither" theories, I would say not.

                    Why is "unfaither" not a word you use? Or did I miss one of your posts?
                    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                    Pro scripture = Protestant

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                      Hi and only the original autographs are INSPIRED !!

                      Translations are NOT INSPIRED !!

                      Read 2 Tim 3:16 and believe !!

                      dan p
                      Errors have crept into the copies. They do not all agree

                      Well, how do you know that if Paul did a translation from Aramaic into Greek that it was not inspired?

                      If it was, would the copies be inspired seeing that copies do not all agree?

                      II Timothy 3:16 over course the original as given to holy men of God II Peter 1:21 was perfect because it was God breathed, but as you seem to say, the copies do not agree and therefore errors crept into the copies
                      "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                      "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                      Pro scripture = Protestant

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Faither View Post
                        You got it ! The word " believe," is a non inspired translation.
                        Says who?

                        It is a good English word to translate what we are to do with the truth
                        "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                        "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                        Pro scripture = Protestant

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
                          Errors have crept into the copies. They do not all agree

                          Well, how do you know that if Paul did a translation from Aramaic into Greek that it was not inspired?

                          If it was, would the copies be inspired seeing that copies do not all agree?

                          II Timothy 3:16 over course the original as given to holy men of God II Peter 1:21 was perfect because it was God breathed, but as you seem to say, the copies do not agree and therefore errors crept into the copies
                          Hi many good people , make a life work to study , to determine the meaning of all Greek words and it our job to study to be approved , as 2 Tim 2:15 has said !!

                          dan p

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only true Word Of God is the person of Jesus Christ, not a collection of writings. The Bible is profitable for instruction in righteousness, provided you are a born again believer and child of God. If you're not a regenerated new creation in Jesus, filled with God's spirit, then the Bible is of no genuine value or profit for you. You need a relationship with the living God and His true Word, Jesus Christ. That's what will save you from destruction.

                            The spirit highlights the truth in the bible and that which is genuine currency or truly inspired while exposing that which isn't. You either have Jesus living in you or you don't. You're either convicted of your sins and drawn to Jesus, laying down your life, your agenda, your own way, for His, or you're not and still dead in your sins. True Christians have received a divine deposit of God's presence, wisdom, light and power. You can know the way, truth and the life, with or without a "Bible" or "Quran" or any other book. Christians are not the so called "people of the book", as Muslims like to identify us. We are the people of the spirit and resurrection.

                            Jesus is the way, the truth and the life/resurrection. He is the living water that flows from paradise and washes us of all unrighteousness. He is the one who quickens the dead, elevating them to a new life of love and holliness. Out of darkness, into the light of his glory. Those who are saved know this, because they know Jesus, and have experienced the power and glory of His presence and resurrection. His blood and name, have set them free, from the devil and his wretched kingdom. They've been transferred from the kingdom of death to God's eternal Kingdom of Life. Living water flowes from their spirit, for it was once dead and is now alive.

                            I speak the words of life, just like any other born again child of God can speak words of life, inspired by the holy spirit. Every child of God in Jesus, is a repository of truth and life, able to manifest the love, glory and power of the Kingdom of God, here on earth. We are not of this world, but we are here to accomplish a mission. Only the children of God, who have been born again/born from above, recognize the truth of this word and appreciate it. Because this truth and word was already within them and so it resonantes with their spirit. The dead are imposters, or "tares" among the wheat. They rely on religious "doctrineering", man written books and arguments. They're insecure, ignorant, ungrateful cowards, who are forever attached to the trinkets and carnal trappings of this fallen, demonic world.

                            Religious doctrineering and debates, feed their egos, their flesh. They don't have a relationship with God, they only serve the dead god of their fallen imagination, rather than the living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, that created them.

                            Their minds are dark and dry, as a dead fig tree in a baren desert. They bear no fruit, but are quick to critique and demean those who do. They have never been born again or know Jesus. They have never been filled with the holy ghost, baptized and infused with His presence. They are dead deluded religionists/doctrineers, deprived of divine light, life and power. Fear them not, for their day of reckoning is near. Jesus is returning with His angels and will establish the kingdom of God on earth, and throughout the cosmos. The devil and his minions will be ahiliated in the fire of God's glory.

                            Jesus transcends the papyrus. He is the true and perfect, infallible, WORD OF GOD. A person, not a book.
                            Last edited by RealityJerk; November 21, 2017, 06:00 AM. Reason: Typos

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                              The only true Word Of God is the person of Jesus Christ, not a collection of writings. The Bible is profitable for instruction in righteousness, provided you are a born again believer and child of God. If you're not a regenerated new creation in Jesus, filled with God's spirit, then the Bible is of no genuine value or profit for you. You need a relationship with the living God and His true Word, Jesus Christ. That's what will save you from destruction.

                              The spirit highlights the truth in the bible and that which is genuine currency or truly inspired while exposing that which isn't. You either have Jesus living in you or you don't. You're either convicted of your sins and drawn to Jesus, laying down your life, your agenda, your own way, for His, or you're not and still dead in your sins. True Christians have received a divine deposit of God's presence, wisdom, light and power. You can know the way, truth and the life, with or without a "Bible" or "Quran" or any other book. Christians are not the so called "people of the book", as Muslims like to identify us. We are the people of the spirit and resurrection.

                              Jesus is the way, the truth and the life/resurrection. He is the living water that flows from paradise and washes us of all unrighteousness. He is the one who quickens the dead, elevating them to a new life of love and holliness. Out of darkness, into the light of his glory. Those who are saved know this, because they know Jesus, and have experienced the power and glory of His presence and resurrection. His blood and name, have set them free, from the devil and his wretched kingdom. They've been transferred from the kingdom of death to God's eternal Kingdom of Life. Living water flowes from their spirit, for it was once dead and is now alive.

                              I speak the words of life, just like any other born again child of God can speak words of life, inspired by the holy spirit. Every child of God in Jesus, is a repository of truth and life, able to manifest the love, glory and power of the Kingdom of God, here on earth. We are not of this world, but we are here to accomplish a mission. Only the children of God, who have been born again/born from above, recognize the truth of this word and appreciate it. Because this truth and word was already within them and so it resonantes with their spirit. The dead are imposters, or "tares" among the wheat. They rely on religious "doctrineering", man written books and arguments. They're insecure, ignorant, ungrateful cowards, who are forever attached to the trinkets and carnal trappings of this fallen, demonic world.

                              Religious doctrineering and debates, feed their egos, their flesh. They don't have a relationship with God, they only serve the dead god of their fallen imagination, rather than the living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, that created them.

                              Their minds are dark and dry, as a dead fig tree in a baren desert. They bear no fruit, but are quick to critique and demean those who do. They have never been born again or know Jesus. They have never been filled with the holy ghost, baptized and infused with His presence. They are dead deluded religionists/doctrineers, deprived of divine light, life and power. Fear them not, for their day of reckoning is near. Jesus is returning with His angels and will establish the kingdom of God on earth, and throughout the cosmos. The devil and his minions will be ahiliated in the fire of God's glory.

                              Jesus transcends the papyrus. He is the true and perfect, infallible, WORD OF GOD. A person, not a book.
                              Interesting opinion.

                              Did Jesus come down from the right hand of God and personally teach you that or did you get to know Jesus from another source?

                              What source?

                              a. The written logos of God

                              b. men's opinions

                              How accurate is your knowledge of Jesus Christ?

                              What is the accurate source of information about Jesus Christ?

                              a. the written logos of God

                              b. men's opinions

                              Where can a person obtain perfect information on Jesus Christ?

                              a. the written logos of God

                              b. men's opinions

                              What is the source of your beliefs?

                              a. the written logos of God

                              b. men's opinions
                              "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                              "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                              Pro scripture = Protestant

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X