ECT Is this not Salvation as purposed by God?

Cross Reference

Is there any another purposed by God and does this way not allude to it being a process requiring "Truth" by revelation unto a complete faithfulness?

"And this is life eternal, that they might *[intimately] "know" thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV)

*[Emphasis mine]

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Is there any another purposed by God and does this way not allude to it being a process requiring "Truth" by revelation unto a complete faithfulness?

"And this is life eternal, that they might *[intimately] "know" thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV)

*[Emphasis mine]

Yes , if you understand complete faithfulness to be "complete surrender." Not a perfect complete surrender , we know and God knows if our surrender is genuine .

But to those who think "complete faithfulness " is "believing" in Gods Word , you better get busy responding to His call in the correct way. Unless you don't want to surrender your life.

Cross Reference

Yes , if you understand complete faithfulness to be "complete surrender." Not a perfect complete surrender , we know and God knows if our surrender is genuine .

But to those who think "complete faithfulness " is "believing" in Gods Word , you better get busy responding to His call in the correct way. Unless you don't want to surrender your life.

We walk in the knowledge we are given, don't we?

Have you ever read Oswald Chambers? What do you think about what he has to say about abandoning one's life?

Last edited:

DAN P

*[Emphasis mine]

Hi and the first verb IS / ESTIS is in the Greek , PRESENT TENSE and in the Indicative mood !!

The PRESENT TENSE places John 17:3 at Jesus earthly MINISTRY and the Indicative Mood say it is a FACT !!

The next verb is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the SUBJECTIVE MOOD !!

This means Jesus is speaking to the Nation of Israel !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means it is the subject , Jesus who is speaking and saying , verse 3 !!

BUT this verse THEY MIGHT KNOW / GINASKO , is controlled by the SUBJECTIVE MOOD and it means , that all Jews will believe OR that not all Jews will believe !!

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi and the first verb IS / ESTIS is in the Greek , PRESENT TENSE and in the Indicative mood !!

The PRESENT TENSE places John 17:3 at Jesus earthly MINISTRY and the Indicative Mood say it is a FACT !!

The next verb is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the SUBJECTIVE MOOD !!

This means Jesus is speaking to the Nation of Israel !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means it is the subject , Jesus who is speaking and saying , verse 3 !!

BUT this verse THEY MIGHT KNOW / GINASKO , is controlled by the SUBJECTIVE MOOD and it means , that all Jews will believe OR that not all Jews will believe !!

dan p

Thank you, Dan. I am happy for you.

DAN P

Thank you, Dan. I am happy for you.

Hi and thank you for that , and I know that I am right on , what about you ?

I see that you did not reply and never will believe what I wrote ?

You will need more than LUCK at the BEMA SEAT IN 1 Cor 3:10-17 !!

dan p

Last edited:

Cross Reference

The link you gave me was in error . I'd be glad to check it out if you can direct me to it.

I gave you no link but here is a sample:

March 21st . . "My Utmost For His Highest" [Devotional]

Interest or identification?

"I have been crucified with Christ." Gal. 2:20 [KJB].

The imperative need spiritually is to sign the death-warrant of the disposition of sin, to turn all emotional impressions and intellectual beliefs into a moral verdict against the disposition of sin, viz., my claim to my right to myself. Paul says—“I have been crucified with Christ”; he does not say, ‘I have determined to imitate Jesus Christ,’ or, ‘I will endeavor to follow Him,’ but, ‘I have been identified with Him in His death.’ When I come to such a moral decision and act upon it, then all that Christ wrought for me on the Cross is wrought in me. The free committal of myself to God gives the Holy Spirit the chance to impart to me the holiness of Jesus Christ.

“… nevertheless I live …” The individuality remains, but the mainspring, the ruling disposition, is radically altered. The same human body remains, but the old satanic right to myself is destroyed.

“And the life which I now live in the flesh …,” not the life which I long to live and pray to live, but the life I now live in my mortal flesh, the life which men can see, “I live by the faith of the Son of God.” This faith is not Paul’s faith in Jesus Christ, but the faith that the Son of God has imparted to him—“the faith "of" the Son of God.” It is no longer faith in faith, but faith which has overleapt all conscious bounds, the identical faith "of" the Son of God.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I gave you no link but here is a sample:

March 21st . . "My Utmost For His Highest" [Devotional]

Interest or identification?

"I have been crucified with Christ." Gal. 2:20 [KJB].

The imperative need spiritually is to sign the death-warrant of the disposition of sin, to turn all emotional impressions and intellectual beliefs into a moral verdict against the disposition of sin, viz., my claim to my right to myself. Paul says—“I have been crucified with Christ”; he does not say, ‘I have determined to imitate Jesus Christ,’ or, ‘I will endeavor to follow Him,’ but, ‘I have been identified with Him in His death.’ When I come to such a moral decision and act upon it, then all that Christ wrought for me on the Cross is wrought in me. The free committal of myself to God gives the Holy Spirit the chance to impart to me the holiness of Jesus Christ.

“… nevertheless I live …” The individuality remains, but the mainspring, the ruling disposition, is radically altered. The same human body remains, but the old satanic right to myself is destroyed.

“And the life which I now live in the flesh …,” not the life which I long to live and pray to live, but the life I now live in my mortal flesh, the life which men can see, “I live by the faith of the Son of God.” This faith is not Paul’s faith in Jesus Christ, but the faith that the Son of God has imparted to him—“the faith "of" the Son of God.” It is no longer faith in faith, but faith which has overleapt all conscious bounds, the identical faith "of" the Son of God.

It's the closest thing i've heard as to what i'm trying to share here in this group. The surrender is not a one time event , it's continual. Surrendering ourselves to Him "is Faith" , the NT application of faith that can result in receiving His Spirit.

Over all i'm interested in how he got this understanding .

Cross Reference

It's the closest thing i've heard as to what i'm trying to share here in this group. The surrender is not a one time event , it's continual. Surrendering ourselves to Him "is Faith" , the NT application of faith that can result in receiving His Spirit.

I had a good feeling about that.. ;)

I need your e-mail for a file you will enjoy about his life.

Danoh

I'll tell you something, you two.

I'm forever going on about how that opposition to one's views is actually good for one. For what it can work in one, when said opposition is embraced for what good it might nevertheless work.

Your above is a case in point.

In that it has forced me to reflect on all the following once more, and to an even greater clarity on it than I have thus far had about it all, at least in expressing its sense consciously.

Sometimes we have a sense of a thing but not its words. That kind of thing.

That kind of thing often happens when one runs into an opposing view.

The opposing view ends up forcing the individual willing to, to reflect further on his own view.

At times that results in a complete change of mind in one's own view.

Other times opposition ends up only further clarifying for one, in words, one's already held view.

This last is that, in the following - greater clarity for me of the view I had already held.

Here, I'll lay it all out...

"The faith of the Son of God" is actually not referring to what the Apostle Paul clearly tells one he is referring to by that phrase there, with the very next clause in that same passage -"who loved me" [so much that] "he gave himself for me."

Hunh?

Paul is referring to the basis of the Believer's Acceptance before God.

He is NOT referring to the Works Based Acceptance so many erroneously assert.

He is referring to THE LORD'S fidelity and ITS result.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;"

Hunh?

"who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For the writer of Hebrews is also referring to the FINISHED WORK of CHRIST's fidelity.

In Galatians 2, Paul is relating how that Peter and company had been wrong to have turned around and viewed those Gentile Believers on the basis of the Law's Performance Based Acceptance before God that had once been the case, "BUT NOW," (Rom. 3:21), was no longer the case, this side of Christ's fidelity to what He had come to do - die for our sins...

For...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

As Paul had said to Peter and company...

Galatians 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Paul is arguing not one's going around being some sort of a works based "faither" or what have you.

Rather, he is arguing the COMPLETE Acceptance Before God the Believer now has as a result of the Lord's fidelity to the Cross - Who loved me (so) that He gave himself FOR me" - or - IN - MY - STEAD.

Paul is talking....

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ...

5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

That is what he is talking about in ALL Galatians.

Paul is not addressing the issue of the Believer's walk, nor what that walk is.

Rather, he is addressing the (obviously 2,000 year old "faither" error of PERFORMANCE Based Acceptance before God).

The main focus (scope) of Galatians is the issue of the basis of the Believer's COMPLETE Acceptance before God - His Son's FINISHED work.

Thus, his continuance of this very THEME, SUBJECT, NARRATIVE on into chapter 3...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, CRUCIFIED among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

NOTE - note - note...

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

He is talking Romans 4 - NOT Romans 6.

He is talking...

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Sorry "Faither" but the doctrine - THIS Romans 4 Doctrine - once more proves full of holes your cherry picking of that one "Greek" definition over all its other ones.

Because overall scope, theme, narrative, context, and subject point elsewhere.

All of them point to our FULL AND COMPLETE ACCEPTANCE BEFORE GOD that IS the FINISHED work of Christ - His fidelity and His fidelity ALONE that you keep insisting on adding the Law's Performance Based Acceptance before God to.

Fact of the matter is, that...

"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." - 2 Timothy 2:13.

Because....

Romans 5:8.

Meaning, thank you, you two - for your opposing view forced me to once more reflect on all the above - not only to my own greater clarity on it in words, but to my joy in it all, once more.

On the FACT, not hope, not wonder, not one more go round at the treadmill of human viewpoint, but on the FACT of...

Ephesians 1:6's "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

Because...

Romans 5:8.

Cross Reference

Thank you, Faither and stay tuned.

I found today's Devotional by Chambers, to be a confirming "word in season".

Lov'in Jesus,

Cross Reference

November 10th

Fellowship in the gospel

"Fellow labourer in the gospel of Christ." 1 Thess. 3:2.

After sanctification it is difficult to state what your aim in life is, because God has taken you up into His purpose by the Holy Ghost. He is using you now for His purposes throughout the world as He used His Son for the purpose of our salvation. If you seek great things for yourself—‘God has called me for this and that,’ you are putting a barrier to God’s use of you. As long as you have a personal interest in your own character, or any set ambition, you cannot get through into identification with God’s interests. You can only get there by losing for ever any idea of yourself and by letting God take you right out into His purpose for the world, and because your goings are of the Lord, you can never understand your ways.

I have to learn that the aim in life is God’s, not mine. God is using me from His great personal standpoint, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him, and never say—‘Lord, this gives me such heartache.’ To talk in that way makes me a clog. When I stop telling God what I want, He can catch me up for what He wants without let or hindrance. He can crumple me up or exalt me, He can do anything He chooses. He simply asks me to have implicit faith in Himself and in His goodness. Self-pity is of the devil; if I go off on that line I cannot be used by God for His purpose in the world. I have ‘a world within the world’ in which I live, and God will never be able to get me outside it because I am afraid of being frost-bitten.

Oswald Chambers

Last edited:

Cross Reference

This from old notes that I believe can aid in opening up our understanding re God's plan of Salvation by His Sovereignty revealed in Melchizedec's appearance [who had no beginning or end], before Abram:

Abram, carried in his loins the flesh of Jesus. He was blessed and honored by Melchizedec who in reality was a type of Christ and who Abram as well, blessed and affirmed with his tithes. In effect, it was God receiving back to Himself all that He purposed in man, a precursor of the actuality of it all that would come later in Jesus Christ, son of man; God’s only begotten Son.

In their meeting, Melchizedec represented the reality of the old and the new [priest and king] coming together in the person of himself. Abram represents the beginning of the working out in actuality, the old and the new [priest and king—Aaron and David] who would eventually come together in one Person, Jesus Christ. It is both an affirmation and a confirmation that Melchizedec blesses Abram. With his blessing, Abram truly begins his journey which culminates in the offering of Isaac. “It is finished”, was the import of the voice of the Angel of the Lord..

By Mechizedec’s blessing was Abram’s seed imputed, by faith, the righteousness of God that it would, “in the fullness of time”, bring forth Him who would redeem him and all his ‘offspring’ to sit with Him upon His Throne.