ECT No such thing as only "believing" in Gods Word to recieve the Spirit of Christ.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No such thing as only "believing" in Gods Word to recieve the Spirit of Christ.

"PISTEUO",

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the most important word in the Scriptures. One day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know the answer to how we connect with our creator was right there in front of us all the time.

Without one called by the Father actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. The indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only a part of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words alone is not NT saving Faith.

I would love to have a civil discussion about this topic , seeing the importance behind it.

DAN P

"PISTEUO",

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the most important word in the Scriptures. One day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know the answer to how we connect with our creator was right there in front of us all the time.

Without one called by the Father actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. The indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only a part of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words alone is not NT saving Faith.

I would love to have a civil discussion about this topic , seeing the importance behind it.

Hi and in Eph 1:13 we read , In Whom you also , having heard the Word of Truth , THE GOSPEL of your salvation , in Whom also , having believed , you were sealed ( by ) the Holy Spirit of promise !!

The verb AFTER THAT YE BELIVED / PISTEUO and here in the verb that you were looking for and when you believed / PISTEUO and were saved , you were sealed by the Holy Spirit !!

I do have to says , that EPH 1:13 calls it " THE GOSPEL " which means it is a specific GOSPEL , and that gospel is what Paul preached ,in Rom 16:25 and 26 and Col 1:25 and 26 !!\\ dan p

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Hi and in Eph 1:13 we read , In Whom you also , having heard the Word of Truth , THE GOSPEL of your salvation , in Whom also , having believed , you were sealed ( by ) the Holy Spirit of promise !!

The verb AFTER THAT YE BELIVED / PISTEUO and here in the verb that you were looking for and when you believed / PISTEUO and were saved , you were sealed by the Holy Spirit !!

I do have to says , that EPH 1:13 calls it " THE GOSPEL " which means it is a specific GOSPEL , and that gospel is what Paul preached ,in Rom 16:25 and 26 and Col 1:25 and 26 !!\\ dan p

Unless we practice true "pisteuo" in which i explained in detail in the OP , Gods Word is not ours to even repeat in our own defense.

DAN P

Unless we practice true "pisteuo" in which i explained in detail in the OP , Gods Word is not ours to even repeat in our own defense.

Hi and just where does it say that anyone that IT IS NOT OURS TO REPEAT IN OUR OWN DEFENSE ??

dan p

DAN P

But 2nd Timothy 2:8 (KJV) is not less than what Paul preached Dan !!

Hi and glad you see that Paul's gospel is good news of his being RAISED from the dead , just does 1 Cor 15:1-4 and all , will confess that God RAISED Him from the DEAD as written in Rom 10:9 !!

What we see here is just part of the what was revealed to Paul by REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 !!

dan p

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Hi and glad you see that Paul's gospel is good news of his being RAISED from the dead , just does 1 Cor 15:1-4 and all , will confess that God RAISED Him from the DEAD as written in Rom 10:9 !!

What we see here is just part of the what was revealed to Paul by REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 !!

dan p
Amen Dan. Kind regards. :e4e:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Hi and just where does it say that anyone that IT IS NOT OURS TO REPEAT IN OUR OWN DEFENSE ??

dan p

Rom 8:9 If we don not have the Spirit of Christ in us He is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours , his Word can't be ours . Simple deduction , if His Word is not ours we can't use it to defend our understandings.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe 2nd Timothy 2:8 (KJV)? Matthew 28:6 (KJV), Mark 16:6 (KJV), and Luke 24:6 (KJV)? If you do, then it's yours.

Sorry Nihilo , thats just not true . Therse a way to test yourself. If you have the Spirit of Christ , you also then have the "mind of Christ." Only you would know if you do or not.

The Scriptures don't tell us what its like to have the mind of Christ , we have to have the experience. If you do you'll know it.

DAN P

Do you believe 2nd Timothy 2:8 (KJV)? Matthew 28:6 (KJV), Mark 16:6 (KJV), and Luke 24:6 (KJV)? If you do, then it's yours.

Hi and I believe in 2 Tim 2:8 as being for TODAY , BUT Matt 28:6 and Mark 16:6 and Luke 24:6 and that context is , and happened during Jesus earthly ministry !!

They are true BUT 2 Tim 2:8 speaks to the good news that Paul preach !!

dan p

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Hi and I believe in 2 Tim 2:8 as being for TODAY , BUT Matt 28:6 and Mark 16:6 and Luke 24:6 and that context is , and happened during Jesus earthly ministry !!

They are true BUT 2 Tim 2:8 speaks to the good news that Paul preach !!

dan p
Well I know. But it's the same Good News.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Sorry Nihilo , thats just not true . Therse a way to test yourself. If you have the Spirit of Christ , you also then have the "mind of Christ." Only you would know if you do or not.

The Scriptures don't tell us what its like to have the mind of Christ , we have to have the experience. If you do you'll know it.
I'm sorry, but it is true. For the Bible tells me so. Romans 10:9 (KJV)

Danoh

You say pisteuo, others say, pistachio.

Personally, I like butter pecan - Yum!

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:8.

Danoh

Nope, what Paul is referring to by "the mind of Christ" in 1 Cor. 2, is his (Paul's) God given mind on those "things of God" made known to Paul's mind (lower case "spirit" there).

The content of which he asserts there he is writing some things about to a limited degree because said information was for "them that are perfect" or "of full age" but the Corinthians were "yet carnal...babes in Christ."

Rom. 5:8.