ECT Is Christianity dead ?

Cross Reference

I don't believe that is the context at all, because Paul never takes any credit for his salvation. "I die daily" is referring to his actually being close to death over and over again. It's physical death and resurrection that is being discussed there.

Rather back to his point in Phil. where he is talking about our being God's workmanship. Even the fruits of righteousness are by Him. "Phil. 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God".

"I die daily"

What does that mean, dazed?

Cross Reference

Why am I not surprised you would twist what I said....your lack of understanding never ceases to amaze me. Choke on the verse as it's written, and rewrite it according to your own silly understanding if you must, but save your self-righteous indignation for those who are interested.

My love has enabled Him to accomplish.... :rotfl:

What in the world would the Lord do without our help?

If you will His will it be will be your will that will enable Him, hopefully in your lifetime.

<Though I have my doubts>.

When Paul stopped kicking against the goads is when he began to learn.

Paul and self will put to the test:

Try this to your sensibilities: "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." Galatians 2:20-21 (KJV)

Faither

BANNED
Banned
How 'bout If we just live by His Life, wouldn't that be better? One's new birth being the beginning and we can only enter as a babe to learn the Father as Jesus did. . . The "First of First fruits". . .:)

That sounds good CR and after we recieve His Spirit your post would be perfect . We don't have the luxury of redefining or reinterpreting the requirements to start , maintain , and complete a relationship with Christ here on earth . We don't need to discover any news truths , we need to rediscover the old truths . And i'm not saying your doing that .

NT faithing or pisteuo in the Greek is Vines : " A personal surrender to Him , (not His Words) and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Why do i stand on this definition so strongly ? I was at a point in my life 31 years ago where i did exactly that , without any expectations , almost accidental . Things have happened that leave no doubt this is the right path of Salvation .

Cross Reference

That sounds good CR and after we recieve His Spirit your post would be perfect . We don't have the luxury of redefining or reinterpreting the requirements to start , maintain , and complete a relationship with Christ here on earth . We don't need to discover any news truths , we need to rediscover the old truths . And i'm not saying your doing that .

NT faithing or pisteuo in the Greek is Vines : " A personal surrender to Him , (not His Words) and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Why do i stand on this definition so strongly ? I was at a point in my life 31 years ago where i did exactly that , without any expectations , almost accidental . Things have happened that leave no doubt this is the right path of Salvation .

Is not one's new birth from above the receiving of Holy Spirit per John 20:22? Lets keep in mind that the Disciples had already been redeemed, already been saved by having a relationship with Jesus and have been privy to the testimony of His resurrection. I would say they were quite ready for their new birth, wouldn't you?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Is not one's new birth from above the receiving of Holy Spirit per John 20:22? Lets keep in mind that the Disciples had already been redeemed, already been saved by having a relationship with Jesus and have been privy to the testimony of His resurrection. I would say they were quite ready for their new birth, wouldn't you?

Christ hadn't paid the price for ours or the disciples sins yet right. So i don't see how the disciples were already saved when the had a relationship with Him.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

But to my point , they are faithing in Christ Himself .

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Last edited: