ECT The 2P2P Revised Version: Acts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

The 2P2P Revised version of Acts 1:

Disciples: "We're still thinking about that redeemed Israel--you know, the one we mentioned the other day. So...when, hmmm?"

Jesus: "Great question! Just hold that thought! You guys have really got it, although, no, now that I think about it, I'm not telling you the time. Man, I'm impressed that you realize it's still coming. You know, if you keep it up, it might happen here in a week or so. We'll be marchin' and slashin' Gentile pigs and abolishin' interracial marriages (the old Canaanite snag, remember) and this will really be some place. And just think of all the circumcisions we could get done. I mean, the thrones guys. The groans for the thrones. Forget what I said about the death bit OK? Just testin' ya. Everyone in the whole world will be drawn here, to see me--no, us! The local economy will be boosted by 1M drachma per year, and this hulk of a temple will be paid off! Wowsers!"

Interplanner

I'm your mirror. Until you explain otherwise, that's what your view sounds like. You subvert the situation so that:
1, the disciples had the "right" question
2, the disciples in Lk 24 were not fools
3, the response was not a rebuke
4, the effort of Christ was actually just like aggressive Judaism of that time
5, the mission of the Gospel to the nations is oxymoronic and an afterthought

That's the "Marxism" at work in D'ism/2P2P that Northwye was referring to. The thesis of the Bible is overthrown by the synthesis/synthetic view of D'ism that was concocted over the past 200 years, and believed to be orthodox. It is often powered by people who don't know grammar, don't know Greek, and spit on commentaries that would contain actual debates about historical-grammatical meaning.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm your mirror. Until you explain otherwise, that's what your view sounds like. You subvert the situation so that:
1, the disciples had the "right" question
2, the disciples in Lk 24 were not fools
3, the response was not a rebuke
4, the effort of Christ was actually just like aggressive Judaism of that time
5, the mission of the Gospel to the nations is oxymoronic and an afterthought

That's the "Marxism" at work in D'ism/2P2P that Northwye was referring to. The thesis of the Bible is overthrown by the synthesis/synthetic view of D'ism that was concocted over the past 200 years, and believed to be orthodox. It is often powered by people who don't know grammar, don't know Greek, and spit on commentaries that would contain actual debates about historical-grammatical meaning.
Absolute and utter nonsense.

You really need to seek professional medical attention immediately. You are insane.

DAN P

The 2P2P Revised version of Acts 1:

Disciples: "We're still thinking about that redeemed Israel--you know, the one we mentioned the other day. So...when, hmmm?"

Jesus: "Great question! Just hold that thought! You guys have really got it, although, no, now that I think about it, I'm not telling you the time. Man, I'm impressed that you realize it's still coming. You know, if you keep it up, it might happen here in a week or so. We'll be marchin' and slashin' Gentile pigs and abolishin' interracial marriages (the old Canaanite snag, remember) and this will really be some place. And just think of all the circumcisions we could get done. I mean, the thrones guys. The groans for the thrones. Forget what I said about the death bit OK? Just testin' ya. Everyone in the whole world will be drawn here, to see me--no, us! The local economy will be boosted by 1M drachma per year, and this hulk of a temple will be paid off! Wowsers!"

Hi and verse describes you , in verse 45 , He open He their understanding , that they might understand the scriptures !!

Why were the disciples BLIND , 1 Cor 3:13-16 says why , like the VAIL on your heart !!

dan p

Interplanner

Completely in line with the FORTY DAY kingdom training that they had just received from the LORD Jesus Christ.

I'm always amazed by how badly many people bash the eleven.

the 40 days were to show them it was not about the kingdom. if it had covered that topic, why would they ask the first question? why call them fools? he taught them that the Gospel was the fulfillment of all Israels and not to go past that, Acts 13, Lk 24, Acts 26.

Right Divider

Body part
the 40 days were to show them it was not about the kingdom. if it had covered that topic, why would they ask the first question? why call them fools? he taught them that the Gospel was the fulfillment of all Israels and not to go past that, Acts 13, Lk 24, Acts 26.
That is complete fabrication on your part.

Acts 1:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

SaulToPaul 2

That is complete fabrication on your part.

Acts 1:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Interplanner has always been out in left field, but now he's out in the parking lot scalping tickets.

Right Divider

Body part
Why were they fools to think he was going to redeem Israel, Lk 24?

You just keep rejecting.
Wow.

First... who is THEY?

Secondly, you misrepresent WHAT they were fools about.

Luke 24:26 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:26) Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

THAT was what the LORD was talking about.

SaulToPaul 2

Wow.

First... who is THEY?

Secondly, you misrepresent WHAT they were fools about.

Luke 24:26 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:26) Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

THAT was what the LORD was talking about.

I, too, reviewed Luke 24. IP has a bad habit of saying things that were never said.

Status
Not open for further replies.