ECT Remember my Gospel...resurrected...David, 2 Tim 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

There is no such thing as 2P2P believes, that the issues about David are one area and the resurrection and justification are another. That is classic 2P2P compartmentalism.

In his last letter, summarizing many things tersely, Paul said there are two things to remember about Christ: raised from the dead, descended from David. I remember thinking the 2nd was pointless for years.

Instead, the reason these are together is because the resurrection of Christ is the enthronement as the son of David, which happened because of his victory of sin and death. This is in Acts 2. In Acts 13, this is repeated: the one thing Israel was expecting at that time, knowing full well that the 490 years were about to crash down in an ugly rebellion and war, was fulfilled IN THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST because this created a message (the Gospel of justification v39) that would bless the whole world through the Seed, meaning one person. The same arrival of this promise is declared in the last presentation in Acts, ch26.

We also see in 13:34 that the things promised to David were transferred to the Servant, Christ, acc to Is 55:3, so that when Heb 1:8 extols the Son for his throne's perpetuity, he means nothing other than the throne of God.

And to corroborate or coordinate Scripture even further, the question of Christ actually being David's son was the final debate between Christ and Judaism in the gospels. It was not going to be someone else. It was not going to be like David or that kind of son. "how can Christ be David's son?" is not a question of lineage, because he was. it is a question of type or features. He never was going to be a restored Judaistic kingdom, nor will he be.

2P2P is dualistic, compartmentalised, skewed. One of the ways it does this is persistent atomizing of these passages, alienating one verse, line, phrase, even word, from the other over and over until it cannot be recognized. Because it is not here to join the power of the Gospel, but to preserve 2P2P's two-part contradictions and separations.

Meaning, there is 99% likelihood that STP will look at this and write 'made up' and the RD will again say 'you know nothing about the NT.'

Christ...raised from the dead...descended from David. The one Gospel, 2 tim 2:8.

Interplanner

1. Paul's gospel- raised for our justification
2. Peter's gospel- raised to sit on David's throne

You cannot make them the same. Why try? For the sake of religion? For the sake of upholding a commentary?

there is no fundamental difference between the two. The reason for the resurrection was to prove he was the acceptable atonement; he is also what David needed badly; I wonder why.

what you missing is what the apostles were taught to think about Ps 16: 'you will not let your Holy One see corruption'; what it meant about atonement and enthronement at the same time. It is there in both Acts 2 and Acts 13:35, so there is no overestimating it's importance. It resolves everything for both of them.

By the way, fix your cause and effect. He was not raised FOR (to accomplish) our justfication. he was raised because he had accomplished it; it was an award or reward.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't. Last we chatted on it, you did. What do you mean?

Messiah confirms his covenant and the rebel leader desolates the country to the 'end.' I believe the end to be pretty much that whole generation.

You have the 70 weeks concluding in 70ad. There is a gap for you.

DAN P

There is no such thing as 2P2P believes, that the issues about David are one area and the resurrection and justification are another. That is classic 2P2P compartmentalism.

In his last letter, summarizing many things tersely, Paul said there are two things to remember about Christ: raised from the dead, descended from David. I remember thinking the 2nd was pointless for years.

Instead, the reason these are together is because the resurrection of Christ is the enthronement as the son of David, which happened because of his victory of sin and death. This is in Acts 2. In Acts 13, this is repeated: the one thing Israel was expecting at that time, knowing full well that the 490 years were about to crash down in an ugly rebellion and war, was fulfilled IN THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST because this created a message (the Gospel of justification v39) that would bless the whole world through the Seed, meaning one person. The same arrival of this promise is declared in the last presentation in Acts, ch26.

We also see in 13:34 that the things promised to David were transferred to the Servant, Christ, acc to Is 55:3, so that when Heb 1:8 extols the Son for his throne's perpetuity, he means nothing other than the throne of God.

And to corroborate or coordinate Scripture even further, the question of Christ actually being David's son was the final debate between Christ and Judaism in the gospels. It was not going to be someone else. It was not going to be like David or that kind of son. "how can Christ be David's son?" is not a question of lineage, because he was. it is a question of type or features. He never was going to be a restored Judaistic kingdom, nor will he be.

2P2P is dualistic, compartmentalised, skewed. One of the ways it does this is persistent atomizing of these passages, alienating one verse, line, phrase, even word, from the other over and over until it cannot be recognized. Because it is not here to join the power of the Gospel, but to preserve 2P2P's two-part contradictions and separations.

Meaning, there is 99% likelihood that STP will look at this and write 'made up' and the RD will again say 'you know nothing about the NT.'

Christ...raised from the dead...descended from David. The one Gospel, 2 tim 2:8.

Hi and 2 Tim 2:8 reads , Remember Jesus Christ , from David's seed , Having Been Raised up from Dead according to MY Gospel !!

#1 , The first tverb tense is REMEMBER in the Greek PRESENT TENSE places this action during Paul's message of the dispensation of the Grace of God !!

#2 , The next verb HAVING BEEN RAISED UP is kn the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE !!

#3, The Greek MY is emphatic and it means ONLY by Paul !!

#4 And the Holy Spirit says it is Paul's Gospel and not anyone else's Gospel ot Peter's !!

#5 Paul gospel id the Dispensation of the Grace also called the MYSTERY in Eph 3:2-4 !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and 2 Tim 2:8 reads , Remember Jesus Christ , from David's seed , Having Been Raised up from Dead according to MY Gospel !!

#1 , The first tverb tense is REMEMBER in the Greek PRESENT TENSE places this action during Paul's message of the dispensation of the Grace of God !!

#2 , The next verb HAVING BEEN RAISED UP is kn the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE !!

#3, The Greek MY is emphatic and it means ONLY by Paul !!

#4 And the Holy Spirit says it is Paul's Gospel and not anyone else's Gospel ot Peter's !!

#5 Paul gospel id the Dispensation of the Grace also called the MYSTERY in Eph 3:2-4 !!

dan p

You lose the forest for the trees DanP.

Has it occurred to you that the reason I mentioned the verse is because I had studied it?

DAN P

You lose the forest for the trees DanP.

Has it occurred to you that the reason I mentioned the verse is because I had studied it?

Hi and I see you as the chicken who gets and DRAWS the CLUCKS , so where did I go wrong on 2 Tim 2:8 ??

dan p

Last edited:

Interplanner

Being Paul's gospel does not mean it is not Peter's. That is a 2P2P myth about Gal 2.

Interplanner

You have the 70 weeks concluding in 70ad. There is a gap for you.

Oh, that. So for the 100th time here:

The exact 490th year is the confirming of the new covenant. That pronoun "he" in the Dan 9:27a passage is Messiah, not the prince and not the one who desolates. Then you have the expression about desolating to the end. It is "the end" that is spread out, and in fact, the rebellion in Israel in the first century ran from at least the census to 72. Even Jesus uses the analogy of a flood, and shows how divided Israel would be, and how many people would be 'swept' by it, or die during it because they differed from the zealots.

Actually the one who causes desolation is mentioned last (27b) although desolation itself is used in 26.

Check with Hebrew commentary and I think you will find this is a common mistake--the misdirection of pronouns, especially in this paragraph, unfortunately.

No gaps.

I have posted this so many times, I seriously question your reading retention or concentration. Be careful of the internet, it can destroy those things.

SaulToPaul 2

Messiah confirms his covenant

If this is true, why is it only for one week?

You see the mess this world system is in today. This world system has been a mess since the fall of Adam. Can you not see that if a singular leader (with the intelligence of Satan) emerged onto the scene appearing to have all of the answers (along with lying signs and wonders) that the world would fall at his feet?

Interplanner

You see the mess this world system is in today. This world system has been a mess since the fall of Adam. Can you not see that if a singular leader (with the intelligence of Satan) emerged onto the scene appearing to have all of the answers (along with lying signs and wonders) that the world would fall at his feet?

They might do that. That's not what Dan 9 is about, nor Mt 24A. There are hints of it in the Rev. It is a bad deal no matter what. There are those who have attempted it already, esp. Mighty Mo'.

The covenant goes on. To confirm it is in the sense of Heb 1-2 about the Lord confirming the truth of what was now known to have happened in Christ. Perhaps this time limit is why the scale of miracles and wonders tapers off.

SaulToPaul 2

They might do that. That's not what Dan 9 is about, nor Mt 24A. There are hints of it in the Rev. It is a bad deal no matter what. There are those who have attempted it already, esp. Mighty Mo'.

The covenant goes on. To confirm it is in the sense of Heb 1-2 about the Lord confirming the truth of what was now known to have happened in Christ. Perhaps this time limit is why the scale of miracles and wonders tapers off.

"Perhaps" won't work.

DAN P

Being Paul's gospel does not mean it is not Peter's. That is a 2P2P myth about Gal 2.

Hi and Rom 2:16 reads , In a day when God SHALL JUDGE the hidden things of men , according to MY GOSPEL !!

#1 , So when is that DAY ?

That day is for believers that have lived in the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God , ONLY !!

It is the BEMA SEAT !!

#2 What does the MY / MOU means ??

It means it is EMPHATIC in GREEK means it is ONLY PAUL'S GOSPEL that was given to him !!

dan p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.