ECT I Corinthians 2: 14, the Earth Dwellers and Not Receiving the Leading of the Spirit

northwye

I Corinthians 2: 14, the Earth Dwellers and Not Receiving the Leading of the Spirit

Those who do not have the Holy Spirit leading them live in the state of the natural man of I Corinthians 2: 14, who does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, and cannot know them.

The natural man without the leading of the Spirit of God is an earth dweller.

The natural man of I Corinthians 2: 14 often argues against the word of God.

Look in a good concordance for earth dweller, or dweller or earth, and find that Revelation 13: 14 says of the second beast that he "...deceiveth them that dwell on the earth...saying to them which dwell on the earth, that they should make an image (eikona) to the beast, which had the wound by the sword, and did live."

In Revelation 13: 6 this part, or head, of the first beast whose deadly wound was healed is said to open "...his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven."

Unless it is pointed out that the phrase "dwell on earth" or "earth dwellers" is used many times in the New Testament, most people will not begin to suspect that the "earth dwellers" refers not just to all who are living on earth, but to those who are not born again (John 3: 1-6) and are in the state of the natural man, without the Holy Spirit. Those who dwell in heaven in Revelation 13: 6 are those who are led by the Spirit of God.

Thanks to Chris Ardern for his Bible study on the use of earth dwellers. Like a quarterback handing off the football to a running back, when some of us post a new insight, we can then take that "football" and run with it down the field. And maybe someone who reads our posts will take the "ball" father - so long as running that new insight into another doctrine of absolute truth does not happen.

Luke 21:35: "For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."

Revelation 3:10: "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

Revelation 12:12: "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

There are several other texts which use "earth dwellers" or similar phrases to indicate those who are spiritually in a condition of the natural man, the earth dweller.

But look at Revelation 14:3: "And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. " The remnant, the 144,000, is said to be redeemed from the earth, meaning they are transformed into "heaven dwellers," those led by the Holy Spirit, who are born again in Christ Jesus.

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved, And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: " Ephesians 2: 5-6

The "heaven dwellers" sit with Christ in spiritual high places, that is, having Christ in them, they are raised up spiritually to a high level.

The Capital C Church is an organization which claims to be spiritual, but it incorporates things of the world, and can make those under its influence the "earth dwellers," who do not sit with Christ in heavenly places. Sitting with Christ in heavenly places is metaphoric, and does not literally mean only being up in the clouds or out in space somewhere sitting with Christ. Your location in the creation when you sit with Christ is not important. But the earth dwellers tend to insist on scripture being literally interpreted.