ECT Question to D'ists about a future destruction of Israel

SaulToPaul 2

You've burned out a fuse and need to get one. My car did what you are now doing and all it took was a fuse.

When the fuselage of our minds fails to spark, we must run back to Mt24C and humbly confess that the babies of that generation were as we are to be. I agree with Holford on this matter.

Danoh

Right, Gentiles does not mean Gentiles. It is an allegory. Right. Just ask Danoh. Right. (Gosh, I wonder if Gentiles is used any where else in Paul? What a concept!)

:chuckle:

And just where in my post did I assert this "allegory" that YOU read INTO it?

All you have done ONCE MORE, is proven my point ONCE MORE - that YOU not only read INTO a thing, but then CONCLUDE TOO SOON that YOUR take on it is sound.

YOUR glorying in YOUR OBVIOUS SURFACE level, FIRST impression readings INTO a thing is NOT...good :chuckle:

Danoh

When the fuselage of our minds fails to spark, we must run back to Mt24C and humbly confess that the babies of that generation were as we are to be. I agree with Holford on this matter.

Nah "bay-beh, bay-beh don't get hooked on me, cause I'll just use yuh, and then set yuh free..." :chuckle:

Interplanner

:chuckle:

And just where in my post did I assert this "allegory" that YOU read INTO it?

All you have done ONCE MORE, is proven my point ONCE MORE - that YOU not only read INTO a thing, but then CONCLUDE TOO SOON that YOUR take on it is sound.

YOUR glorying in YOUR OBVIOUS SURFACE level, FIRST impression readings INTO a thing is NOT...good :chuckle:

Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
Problem is you have failed to understand Paul's quoting of the OT where he does.

In the following, for example, only on its' surface, or first impression reading, does it appear that verse 25 is a reference to the parties mentioned in verse 24 as being a fulfilment of verse 25.

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 9: 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

You have this all screwed. You are imposing 2P2P on it, which is not there and not the direction of the letter.

Danoh

Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
Problem is you have failed to understand Paul's quoting of the OT where he does.

In the following, for example, only on its' surface, or first impression reading, does it appear that verse 25 is a reference to the parties mentioned in verse 24 as being a fulfilment of verse 25.

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 9: 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

You have this all screwed. You are imposing 2P2P on it, which is not there and not the direction of the letter.

Again, IP "just where in my post did I assert this "allegory" that YOU HAVE read INTO it?"

Interplanner

Again, IP "just where in my post did I assert this "allegory" that YOU HAVE read INTO it?"

Who is us? You are just being complicated. Most of Rom 9-11 is about Israel not believing while the Gentiles do, in generalities, not 100%s, like I told you the other day.

THERE IS NOTHING IN ROM 9-11 WHERE HE 'SWITCHES OVER' TO YOUR 2 HOUSES PROBLEM, AND THEN BACK. Talk about wrangling uselessly and not proper handling, 2 Tim 2:15!!!

Danoh

Who is us? You are just being complicated. Most of Rom 9-11 is about Israel not believing while the Gentiles do, in generalities, not 100%s, like I told you the other day.

THERE IS NOTHING IN ROM 9-11 WHERE HE 'SWITCHES OVER' TO YOUR 2 HOUSES PROBLEM, AND THEN BACK. Talk about wrangling uselessly and not proper handling, 2 Tim 2:15!!!

Lol - if anything, bro; it is what you view as an analogy in Paul's mention of Osee in Romans 9...that is off.