ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Danoh

The MADists don't have anyone being saved before Mid-Acts.

Very few Mads hold to that.

I know Jerry did not, and you know this.

I don't hold that either.

Few Mads hold that.

Just as you and IP do not see eye to eye within the Preterist view you both hold to, more or less.

Not that telling you this again will make any difference, being you are a merely after conflict.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just as you and IP do not see eye to eye within the Preterist view you both hold to, more or less.

IP is NOT a Preterist.

He believes the destruction that took place in 70AD fulfilled many of the prophecies given by Jesus, but that's it. Just about every Christian believes that, even some Dispies.

IP believes a "delay" occurred.

IP's eschatology is much closer to your's, then mine.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very few Mads hold to that.

Every MADist I have ever encountered believes Paul was the first person saved. Those MADists don't consider the pre-Paul people as "saved" because they claim those people had to perform works in addition to faith, or they would lose their salvation.

Jerry was the only MADist I ever encountered who did not believe Paul was the first saved.

Danoh

IP is NOT a Preterist.

He believes the destruction that took place in 70AD fulfilled many of the prophecies given by Jesus, but that's it. Just about every Christian believes that, even some Dispies.

IP believes a "delay" occurred.

IP's eschatology is much closer to your's, then mine.

Am well aware that his view is much closer to Partial Preterism.

He is, in a sense, Partial Preterist MORE OR LESS, given his own, actually much finer distinctions - within Partial Preteris; that is..

It is the Full Preterist who asserts the Lord already returned - you.

By the way, thank you for acknowledging my correction to you about Jerry and myself - not :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
Every MADist I have ever encountered believes Paul was the first person saved. Those MADists don't consider the pre-Paul people as "saved" because they claim those people had to perform works in addition to faith, or they would lose their salvation.

Jerry was the only MADist I ever encountered who did not believe Paul was the first saved.

"Every MADist believes Godrulz is not saved because....All dispensationalists are Darby followers..."-Craigie Tet.

"And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tellalie

Another one of your "all...every...everyone"'s eh, you stupid, little armed Preterist fraud? How did you get so stupid, Craigie boy?

john w

Hall of Fame
Am well aware that his view is much closer to Partial Preterism.

He is, in a sense, Partial Preterist MORE OR LESS, given his own, actually much finer distinctions - within Partial Preteris; that is..

By the way, thank you for acknowledging my correction to you about Jerry and myself - not :chuckle:

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tellalie

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, most Partial Preterists believe the Lord returned in 70AD.

What separates the Partials from the Full, is the thousand years. Full Preterists believe the thousand years took place from 30AD - 70AD, and that the Great White Throne Judgment, Satan being cast into the fire, etc have all been fulfilled.

Partial Preterists (like me) believe the thousand years began in 70AD and will end sometime in the future, and the GWTJ, the casting of Satan in the fire, etc are all future events.

That's why I don't consider IP a Preterist. STP and other MADists believe the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD was the fulfillment of Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 (the first few verses of each chapter).

Danoh

Every Mad based Pastor-Teacher and or student within the various Mad based assemblies I have known outside of a few here and there, has held that countless numbers of saints were saved way before Paul, all the way to back Adam and Eve themselves.

What those of us who hold to this fact assert about Paul is that he was the first saved in the new dispensation.

But the method of study differs within said majority within Mad, in contrast to how the few study such things out.

Heck, I've even known SOME Mads who have held to the very opposite extreme - the erroneous view of the Universalists (just as MANY Preterists have held to said Universalist error).

But as with some within any school, busy conjuring up how you can proove non Preterists wrong even as you close a blind to the errors some of yours hold to.

Club Tet :chuckle:

Danoh

No, most Partial Preterists believe the Lord returned in 70AD.

What separates the Partials from the Full, is the thousand years. Full Preterists believe the thousand years took place from 30AD - 70AD, and that the Great White Throne Judgment, Satan being cast into the fire, etc have all been fulfilled.

Partial Preterists (like me) believe the thousand years began in 70AD and will end sometime in the future, and the GWTJ, the casting of Satan in the fire, etc are all future events.

That's why I don't consider IP a Preterist. STP and other MADists believe the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD was the fulfillment of Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 (the first few verses of each chapter).

You might want to check your books "about" :chuckle:

IP is far from alone in his version of the Partial view he more or less holds to.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What those of us who hold to this fact assert about Paul is that he was the first saved in the new dispensation.

That's only half of it.

You guys have Paul in a completely different program, and you guys never have those saved in the other program joining the program Paul is in.

And, you guys have those people saved in the other program having to perform works in addition to their faith, and you have those people losing their salvation if they cease with the works and/or faith.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You might want to check your books "about" :chuckle:

IP is far from alone in his version of the Partial view he more or less holds to.

You won't find a Preterist site that holds to the same view as IP.

Like I said, his eschatology is no different than any Reformist or Amillennialist.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank God for men like John Nelson Darby.

Why would I thank God for a guy who invented one of the biggest heresies that exists in the Christian Church?

Should I thank God for Ellen White, Joseph Smith, and Charles Taze Russell also?

john w

Hall of Fame
That's true.

Take away Darby, and there is no such thing as Dispensationalism.

Made up.

All Preterists are Catholics, and water baptism regenerations, and mystics, and J. Stuart Russell/Josephus followers. Take away Catholicism, Darby, and Flavey Joe, and there is no such thing as satanic Preterism.

So there, loser.

Danoh

That's only half of it.

You guys have Paul in a completely different program, and you guys never have those saved in the other program joining the program Paul is in.

And, you guys have those people saved in the other program having to perform works in addition to their faith, and you have those people losing their salvation if they cease with the works and/or faith.

You're off on all that as well - none of that is the majority view within Mad.

Both programs become one in the dispensation of the fulness of times.

And works never saved anyone.

Rather, the obedience of faith differs before and after the Cross.

You are just out to prove you are right despite your obvious cluelessness of the obvious - what God was proving THROUGH works prior to The One FINISHED Work - of - The - CROSS.