Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Interplanner View Post
    It is astonishing that the MAD folks who say the Law runs until early Acts have no idea that the acts or righteousness of Christ are imputed/credited/transferred/accounted to those who believe.

Is there another Bible out there that people are reading?
    Another lie from you about MADist.

I have probably quoted Rom 5 more than any other scripture here at TOL.
    Why you insists on making stuff up is beyond me.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• The Holy Standards (Law) of God are eternal. The Law remained in effect after the fall and it remains in effect, after a soul is saved by grace.

Just like the law of gravity does not disappear when it is defied by a rocket ship launch.

The new Covenant of Grace overrules all condemnation of the Law according to the old Covenant of Works, but that does not mean the cause and effects of sin no longer apply to our daily lives.

The third use of the Law is still our moral guide, even when our souls have been rescued from hell and the second death, by the grace and works of Jesus Christ.

Christians are given a desire to live holy, morally, and lawfully.
      "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
      Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
      Charles Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion View Post
        The asinine OP refuted in one sentence:

By refusing to condemn the woman caught in adultery, Christ upheld the Law.
        Pity I wasn't actually talking about the woman caught in the act of adultery. I was talking about a different woman
        That makes you look a bit stupid, doesn't it?
        Delight yourself in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. . Psalms 37:4

Comment

• Originally posted by andyc View Post
          What's does repentance have to do with anything?
          She was guilty of the sin of adultery. She knew it, Jesus knew it, God knew it. If she's under the law, where does she find forgiveness for committing a sin deserving of death? If she came to Jesus and said I'm guilty, and Jesus was upholding the letter of the law, he'd have no choice but to turn her away, because their is no forgiveness for this sin under the law.

This is the very thing that you guys are blind to.
          You seem to be blind to the very thing that was questioned about ------ the law concerning how to handle an accusation of adultery.
          It was not a question about Christ's divine knowledge, it was a question of the law.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
          We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
            I don't see where you can DEAL with anything? You just don't have what it takes, buddy.
            For the second time in a month you put me on ignore yesterday, and you still can't ignore me Love it.

For my money's worth, you've got to be the most pointless individual on this forum.
            Delight yourself in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. . Psalms 37:4

Comment

Pity I wasn't actually talking about the woman caught in the act of adultery. I was talking about a different woman
              That makes you look a bit stupid, doesn't it?

Nah, you already have a Monopoly on that.

Comment

It's a shame you don't spend more time and effort studying the writings of Paul in order to gain the knowledge of how to become a member of the "Body of Christ?" Matthew through John was pertaining to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel. It's best for you, to gain a full understanding of the Grace of God through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. In this "Dispensation of Grace" we don't live by the Law, but, by faith in Christ. You seem to have a desire to focus on the Law, which was never given to the Gentiles, neither did they ever live under it.

Comment

For the second time in a month you put me on ignore yesterday, and you still can't ignore me Love it.

For my money's worth, you've got to be the most pointless individual on this forum.
                  And, don't think I don't appreciate that, especially coming from you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                    You seem to be blind to the very thing that was questioned about ------ the law concerning how to handle an accusation of adultery.
                    It was not a question about Christ's divine knowledge, it was a question of the law.
                    Yeah, whether or not Jesus agreed with what the Mosaic law said about an adulteress.
                    Jesus said, "he who is without sin cast the first stone". So from his perspective, she was busted. Even Jesus knew it, it's only you and your mad buddies who can't accept, otherwise mad is trashed.
                    From a legal perspective, she'd had it. Before Jesus could offer forgiveness to the her, he had to remove the condemnation of the law on her by her unbelieving accusers.

You are clinging to technicalities because you've got nothing else to cling to. Your theology is shot, you are utterly confused, and you're just throwing out any old nonsense, and looking more and more stupid with every post. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Comment

You just don't want to see the merciful compassionate forgiving Jesus throwing rocks at a woman.
                      And you are a liar for saying that.
                      Jesus would not uphold the law being handled unlawfully.

This alone tells you your understanding of the situation is way wide of the mark. Jesus did not come to judge, but to forgive.
                      I don't add things to scripture and say the woman was forgiven for her sins when scripture does not say that.

Comment

And, don't think I don't appreciate that, especially coming from you.
                        Well it may make paddy jane jealous.

Comment

Well it may make paddy jane jealous.
                          How's your "Mentor" Benny Hinn doing?

Comment

You are clinging to technicalities because you've got nothing else to cling to.
                            I have stated what the scripture says about the story of the adulterous woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                              And you are a liar for saying that.
                              Jesus would not uphold the law being handled unlawfully.
                              He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

There's no way around this, however hard you wriggle.

I don't add things to scripture and say the woman was forgiven for her sins when scripture does not say that.
                              Common sense tells you she was offered forgiveness, otherwise it would have pointless to say "go and sin no more".
                              What would have happened if she didn't sin anymore?
                              She still has to have that adultery forgiven, and what was the basis of her forgiveness? It certainly wan't in the Mosaic law.

Comment

How's your "Mentor" Benny Hinn doing?
                                He's pretty pointless, but not as pointless as you.

Comment

Working...
                                X