ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Danoh

Nope, no "Israel's grace." Luke 7 is a woman given grace. John 1 is grace and truth came through christ.

Put away your tons of books based wisdom of men; take your own advice and read John one a dozen times through.

He is talking about a Prophesied Grace unto Israel that Moses and Israel's Prophets had spoken of and that the Christ having finally shown up within the midst of the very people that said Prophesied Grace had been promised to, had proved God true to His Propheised Word on...

He did "not come to destroy the Law; but to fulfill" or make good on its Prophesied promises.

But there really is no point in addressing you on these things; your decades in your books based wisdom of men have rendered you dense beyond any reasoning with you from the Scriptures.

Perhaps someone else will benefit from my above.

:doh:

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

As many of His Own as received Him...

1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
except the ones who say the Law runs until early Acts.

Not early Acts, Mid-Acts.

Some of them even have the law going on all the way to Acts 28.

And if that's not enough to show how false MAD is, they all have the law coming back again after they are secretly raptured away.

MAD is a mess.

Danoh

Not early Acts, Mid-Acts.

Some of them even have the law going on all the way to Acts 28.

And if that's not enough to show how false MAD is, they all have the law coming back again after they are secretly raptured away.

MAD is a mess.

How many years have you been on TOL and you're only now finally catching on about the "some of them."

Just as you and IP do not hold to a same understanding on all things.

Slow poke :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
except the ones who say the Law runs until early Acts.
So you're saying that the New Covenant abolished all law?

Like this one:
Exod 31:12-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:12) ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (31:13) Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. (31:14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. (31:15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (31:16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. (31:17) It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. (31:18) ¶ And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Recently I've been amused by the madists responses to the fact that Jesus forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery. The mads have amazingly convinced themselves that Jesus was a Mosaic law enforcer. Well, they have to think that, don't they?
Otherwise, Jesus would be seen to be operating with grace, mercy and forgiveness like the Jesus all non madists know and love.

So the simple point that the madist has to try and figure out is, what was the basis for people to receive forgiveness of sins by Jesus?

All non madists prepare yourselves for the most ridiculous bizarre responses to this question you could possibly imagine.
But first, lets look at the following passage......

Luke 7:36-50
Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.

If you're a madist, this woman just did the most stupidest thing possible. She decided to worship a Mosaic law enforcer. The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. What kind of grace could she possibly be hoping for from a lawman?
After all, the letter kills, and Jesus was supposed to be a minister of the letter, right? :chuckle:
Jesus wasn't supposed to be speaking words of spirit and life, was he? of course not :chuckle:
What was this woman thinking?

Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."

He's got a point there, hasn't he, madists?

And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you."

Listen up, madists.

So he said, "Teacher, say it." "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. "And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?" Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. "You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. "You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. "Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much.

Hang on. The woman came to Jesus in faith because she knew he'd forgive her? and so she was pouring out her love for him (worshiping him).?

She had FAITH to be forgiven in other words! And she was forgiven! GRACE GRACE GRACE! Not law!

Now if you're the pharisees sitting at the table watching this, or if you're a madist, there's a very serious question to ask here.
What is the basis for Jesus to forgive this woman's many sins? If he's a law enforcer, there is no basis. You see, the old covenant law was bound between God and man. In the same way that man was bound by the law, God was also bound by it.
How can God overlook a violation of the law one minute, and then condemn the next?
Scripture tells us that the law and the prophets were until John, and so there was a new covenant being introduced that was not according to the letter, and where faith was the only requirement. Faith in Jesus to forgive sins.

But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

What? her faith saved her? Faith in what?
What's the basis for sins to be forgiven if the sinner is under condemnation from the law, and Jesus is supposed to be a law enforcer?

You won't believe the mad responses to this.

Go!
Do you know what the law regarding adultery is?

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

andyc

Well, this one is back. So let's look at the OP again.

Recently I've been amused by the madists responses to the fact that Jesus forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery. The mads have amazingly convinced themselves that Jesus was a Mosaic law enforcer. Well, they have to think that, don't they?
Otherwise, Jesus would be seen to be operating with grace, mercy and forgiveness like the Jesus all non madists know and love.

So the simple point that the madist has to try and figure out is, what was the basis for people to receive forgiveness of sins by Jesus?

All non madists prepare yourselves for the most ridiculous bizarre responses to this question you could possibly imagine.
But first, lets look at the following passage......

Luke 7:36-50
Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.

If you're a madist, this woman just did the most stupidest thing possible. She decided to worship a Mosaic law enforcer. The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. What kind of grace could she possibly be hoping for from a lawman?
After all, the letter kills, and Jesus was supposed to be a minister of the letter, right? :chuckle:
Jesus wasn't supposed to be speaking words of spirit and life, was he? of course not :chuckle:
What was this woman thinking?

Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."

He's got a point there, hasn't he, madists?

And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you."

Listen up, madists.

So he said, "Teacher, say it." "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. "And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?" Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. "You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. "You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. "Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much.

Hang on. The woman came to Jesus in faith because she knew he'd forgive her? and so she was pouring out her love for him (worshiping him).?

She had FAITH to be forgiven in other words! And she was forgiven! GRACE GRACE GRACE! Not law!

Now if you're the pharisees sitting at the table watching this, or if you're a madist, there's a very serious question to ask here.
What is the basis for Jesus to forgive this woman's many sins? If he's a law enforcer, there is no basis. You see, the old covenant law was bound between God and man. In the same way that man was bound by the law, God was also bound by it.
How can God overlook a violation of the law one minute, and then condemn the next?
Scripture tells us that the law and the prophets were until John, and so there was a new covenant being introduced that was not according to the letter, and where faith was the only requirement. Faith in Jesus to forgive sins.

But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

What? her faith saved her? Faith in what?
What's the basis for sins to be forgiven if the sinner is under condemnation from the law, and Jesus is supposed to be a law enforcer?

You won't believe the mad responses to this.

Go!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This is not good. "Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic " bad title. All it says is, "i am angry and want to fight with people' Bad form, not good for honest debate. Too many anti-MAD threads anyway.

andyc

This is not good. "Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic " bad title. All it says is, "i am angry and want to fight with people' Bad form, not good for honest debate. Too many anti-MAD threads anyway.

When you realize what is said in the OP is correct, there is no where else for mad to be filed.
I can change the title of the thread to be more PC for you if you like.

Right Divider

Body part
What was the basis for Christ's forgiveness towards the woman who was forgiven many sins?
Jesus said, "your faith has saved you". Faith in what?
Faith in the One that saves.

There is another account that says a similar thing and yet the forgiveness of sins is nowhere to be found:

Luke 18:35-43 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:35) ¶ And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging: (18:36) And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant. (18:37) And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by. (18:38) And he cried, saying, Jesus, [thou] Son of David, have mercy on me. (18:39) And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, [Thou] Son of David, have mercy on me. (18:40) And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him, (18:41) Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. (18:42) And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. (18:43) And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw [it], gave praise unto God.

I think that you're trying to blur the entire Bible into a big mess.