ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So there we have it folks.

This is what happens when people are faced with the facts about the nonsense they believe. If the nonsense is more appealing, they'll cast out the word.

John 3:17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

The reason why adultery was punishable by death, was because God wanted Israel to be a holy nation, and so he demanded that they put away the sin from among them. However, Jesus came to save that which was lost.
We notice you're determined not to quote the law.

There were have it, folks.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

andyc

We notice you're determined not to quote the law.

There were have it, folks.

The judicial law about how a person is sentenced would only be necessary if the intention was to actually sentence her.
Seeing as the crime itself was not contested by anyone, even the woman, it's understood that she was guilty. If punishment was expected, the proper legal process would have been followed.

So why not just cut to the chase with this woman. Was it possible for her to be forgiven? What would be the basis of this forgiveness if the law demanded death?
Even though the woman was not condemned judicially, she was still condemned morally. God is still the judge, and she is still guilty.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If punishment was expected, the proper legal process would have been followed.
Proper legal process was followed — as much as can be expected in the circumstances. If you would quote the law, that would become evident.

What is the law regarding adultery?

Was it possible for her to be forgiven? What would be the basis of this forgiveness if the law demanded death?
You understand neither forgiveness or the law.

God is still the judge, and she is still guilty.

How does this show that the law was not in play?

andyc

Proper legal process was followed — as much as can be expected in the circumstances. If you would quote the law, that would become evident.

What is the law regarding adultery?

You understand neither forgiveness or the law.

How does this show that the law was not in play?

There's nothing to understand that has already been stated more than once.

You're stuck aren't you? Just like the others.

Luke 7:48-50
Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." ................"Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

What gave Jesus the right to forgive sins?
And what was her faith in?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're not "stuck."

We've asked you to quote the law, but you refuse.

It's beginning to look obvious why you're determined not to.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So there we have it folks.

This is what happens when people are faced with the facts about the nonsense they believe.

What about you? You're a Charismatic/Pentecostal looking around for signs and wonders that are non-existent today, in this Dispensation of Grace.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
AndyC speaks in "supposed" tongues and believes there are signs and wonders going on in this old world of ours today. Whereas it's true, if it's God's will, He can heal our bodies and answer our prayers. However, He speaks to us today through His Holy Scriptures.

andyc

Alright lets quote the law. As I've said numerous times, there's no pint because this wasn't an official trial, it was theological entrapment. But these guys insist, so lets do it.

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Go!
I'll let you put your spin on how this affects the situation with the woman caught in adultery. Although we've seen it before.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The answer may lie in what Jesus wrote with His finger on the ground? After He wrote (Whatever it was) the crowd walked away. Therefore, there were no "Accusers" there to condemn her. The Bible is silent about what He wrote so it's up for speculation? Whatever it was, motivated the crowd. Jesus had said, He came not to condemn the world, so He wouldn't have stoned her Himself after the crowd dispersed. What He wrote, just might be the key?

This, of course, is my opinion, because, we don't know what He wrote nor if the accusers ever read what He wrote.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I remember listening to Billy Graham years ago and he surmised that, Jesus had possibly written the Ten Commandments on the ground? I don't know if that has any validity, however, Jesus did say something like, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Andy, you need to listen to the "Grace Gospel" preached by Paul and become a member of the Body of Christ. Otherwise, you'll wind up standing before God the Father and be judged by your WORKS and cast into the Lake of Fire.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God's "Free gift" is available to all who hear the Gospel and place ALL their faith in Christ as their Savior. After which, the Holy Spirit will seal them, indwell them, and baptize them (not by water) into the Body of Christ. Such will also receive the righteousness of Christ and the promise of eternal life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Romans 10:17 states: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, if you desire faith, you'll find it in the written word of God. (The Bible.)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would advise anyone who is looking for assurance of eternal life, to read and study the writings of the Apostle Paul. Romans through Philemon. Pray each time you open God's Word that He'll give you the wisdom and Knowledge to understand what you're about to read.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:8-9 states: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

We are saved by the Grace of God. Which is received through our faith. It's not faith that is the gift in that verse, it is God's Grace that is the "Gift." It cannot be earned by WORKS, otherwise, humanity could boast that they earned it.

Interplanner

Ephesians 2:8-9 states: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

We are saved by the Grace of God. Which is received through our faith. It's not faith that is the gift in that verse, it is God's Grace that is the "Gift." It cannot be earned by WORKS, otherwise, humanity could boast that they earned it.

Faith is also the gift in that verse, that's why the phrase 'and that not our yourselves' is there. The 'that' is referring to the faith, and there is an emphasis with 'kai' on adding an additional thought, as you can see from Greek grammars. He is not saying the 'faith' is something we 'contriubute.'

When the objective things of the Gospel are declared, you can tell who is the 'workmanship' or 'creation' of God (v10) because they respond in faith and realize that all of the above is not only FROM God but FOR him. Otherwise the sad truth is that the person is kept dark, 2 Cor 4:4.