ECT The Power of the Risen Christ and Lord and the Christian declaration

Interplanner

The resurrection of Christ was his reward 'for the travail of his soul' (Is. 53). He was enthroned on high because his work would justify many sinners from what they had done. He was made Lord and Christ, Acts 2. He was the fulfillment of all that was promised to Israel, generating a mission that was to go the ends of the earth.

The Christian message was therefore subversive to both Rome and Judaism. It was subversive by having more 'power' but by being intangible. Being invisible was not a weakness, but was the strength of its overwhelming force. It was made 'without human hands' says Daniel.

The Christian message was always a dare--a bold, courageous declaration that all authorities owed their allegiance to this Christ and God. It is just as daring today. It does not end human government, except in its insidious strength of saying that they owe their obedience to it.

He was honored for his Gospel trauma, and his being resurrected proves that we can be justified in him, says the sermon in Acts 13. This is entirely in unison with Acts 2.

It is more powerful than that. Once you realize that is really what the resurrection is for or about, you will be a true apostolic strength evangelist. You will not be concerned with 'a restoration of the land.' You will not be collecing proofs of the resurrection, because it is what the resurrection proves about Christ that matters. You will not spend time our our individual resurrections, because it is Christ's which proves his worth and for which he was honored with sitting on the throne of heaven--except when he got up to honor Stephen the martyr. You will have the most daring message ever expressed to men on earth or in heaven.

SaulToPaul 2

IP says, "It is more powerful than that. Once you realize that is really what the resurrection is for or about, you will be a true apostolic strength evangelist. You will not be concerned with 'a restoration of the land.' "

One simply needs to read about the valley of dry bones, and mix it with a mustard seed of faith, to avoid IP's vain imaginations.

Interplanner

IP says, "It is more powerful than that. Once you realize that is really what the resurrection is for or about, you will be a true apostolic strength evangelist. You will not be concerned with 'a restoration of the land.' "

One simply needs to read about the valley of dry bones, and mix it with a mustard seed of faith, to avoid IP's vain imaginations.

STP,
you are SOOOO close. The result that took place at Pentecost was that rising, and is mixed with faith. The 'kata sarka' (according to the flesh) way of reading it (as in Judaism) is to say it has to be a state, a theocracy, brick and mortar, etc.

Check for yourself: nearly every time the 'restoration' is mentioned, the pouring out of the Spirit takes place. I mean the dramatic one, the one mentioned by Peter from Joel. There's some in Ezek and some in Isaiah. It IS that event, and it was so that the blessing to the nations would explode out all over--the message of the Gospel.

The apostles were told to wait in prayer in Jerusalem until the Father would send the promise of the Spirit to get this mission going. Well, guess what passage, overlaps that? Gal 3!! The one that is the most about the promises to the fathers in Christ, is also the one that says that it was so that the Spirit would come, so that the message of the Gospel would get all over the world!

If only we would put the causes and effects together as the passage does, and why these various things exist. It is all for Christ, because of Christ, unto Christ and for his sake. We have pet ideas about the Spirit, the mission, the nations, the promise, and they all fracture and compartmentalize, and don't spread the work of the mission.

'He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

SaulToPaul 2

STP,
you are SOOOO close. The result that took place at Pentecost was that rising, and is mixed with faith. The 'kata sarka' (according to the flesh) way of reading it (as in Judaism) is to say it has to be a state, a theocracy, brick and mortar, etc.

Check for yourself: nearly every time the 'restoration' is mentioned, the pouring out of the Spirit takes place. I mean the dramatic one, the one mentioned by Peter from Joel. There's some in Ezek and some in Isaiah. It IS that event, and it was so that the blessing to the nations would explode out all over--the message of the Gospel.

The apostles were told to wait in prayer in Jerusalem until the Father would send the promise of the Spirit to get this mission going. Well, guess what passage, overlaps that? Gal 3!! The one that is the most about the promises to the fathers in Christ, is also the one that says that it was so that the Spirit would come, so that the message of the Gospel would get all over the world!

If only we would put the causes and effects together as the passage does, and why these various things exist. It is all for Christ, because of Christ, unto Christ and for his sake. We have pet ideas about the Spirit, the mission, the nations, the promise, and they all fracture and compartmentalize, and don't spread the work of the mission.

'He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

I don't understand a word you wrote.

Interplanner

I don't understand a word you wrote.

Paul was still explaining how the Spirit would work in the mission to the nations in Gal 3. It was the same as when the church started in Acts 2. God's speakers must be well-studied in the Gospel and must rely on the power of the Spirit to draw people.

Obviously this stops when another gospel is being presented, says Gal 3.

SaulToPaul 2

Paul was still explaining how the Spirit would work in the mission to the nations in Gal 3. It was the same as when the church started in Acts 2. God's speakers must be well-studied in the Gospel and must rely on the power of the Spirit to draw people.

Obviously this stops when another gospel is being presented, says Gal 3.

Do you purport that Eph2A and Mt24D must be read with the microscopic lenses of Gen 24:64C?
That is my contention as well, and fully in line with Holford.

Interplanner

:chuckle:

I was imitating your writing style. Can you see why you repel us?

No the difference is knowledge vs being spastic. I make no such references as 'Rebekkah got off her donkey' like you do. I'm speaking of actual, pertinent, historic fact. Things which 2P2P snows/buries with its few NT verses that it hangs everything on.

SaulToPaul 2

No the difference is knowledge vs being spastic. I make no such references as 'Rebekkah got off her donkey' like you do. I'm speaking of actual, pertinent, historic fact. Things which 2P2P snows/buries with its few NT verses that it hangs everything on.

85% of your writing is intellectual rhetoric that means nothing.

SaulToPaul 2

You sound interested in learning and then you do this. You're the one who used Gen 24:64C, which is spastic.

I use that verse to mock you, as you tend to post irrelevant verses with a letter attached to it.
No one knows why you do this, or what you intend to convey by doing this.

Interplanner

I use that verse to mock you, as you tend to post irrelevant verses with a letter attached to it.
No one knows why you do this, or what you intend to convey by doing this.

AS I just said, 2P2P makes Galatians 3 "irrelevant" and "know one knows why it says what it says". You're a perfect example.

the intention is to re-express what Gal 3 is saying. Or Hebrews. or 2 cor 3-5. The person listening will not end up in 2P2P, that's all.

SaulToPaul 2

AS I just said, 2P2P makes Galatians 3 "irrelevant" and "know one knows why it says what it says". You're a perfect example.

the intention is to re-express what Gal 3 is saying. Or Hebrews. or 2 cor 3-5. The person listening will not end up in 2P2P, that's all.

Conversely, when we inspect the lighted elements of Eph 4 and endeavor to traverse the OT with the NT, we can find ourselves illuminated with pseudo-light and become subject to puffery.