ECT Another Note on the Letter of Hebrews

beameup

Or is it Apollos. The Greek is more complex than Luke's. At least before the closing in ch 13. It doesn't begin like a letter anyway. It begins like the transcript of a sermon, a declaration.

The direct warnings it in are for the Jews about their land that is about to be burnt.

I'd say that the first 12 chapters are a "sermon" to be delivered in the synagogue. Chapter 13 is an obvious ad-on by someone other than the author. I'd say it was copied and distributed to synagogues in the diaspora and never intended for Jerusalem or Judea. The Kingdom coming was dependent upon National repentance when "all Israel will be saved".

Interplanner

I'd say that the first 12 chapters are a "sermon" to be delivered in the synagogue. Chapter 13 is an obvious ad-on by someone other than the author. I'd say it was copied and distributed to synagogues in the diaspora and never intended for Jerusalem or Judea. The Kingdom coming was dependent upon National repentance when "all Israel will be saved".

All those who did repent, along with gentiles who repented, were the Israel who were justified from their sins. There is no NT passage about a Davidic theocracy resuming. They are all about Christ's kingdom into which faith transfers a person, Col 1. But there were warnings in Hebrews about the plight of their homeland due to unbelief.

Interplanner

But Rom 11 said 'kai houtos'--in this manner--this partially hardened manner. Ethne Israel always has been and always will be, but the Israel of faith will be justified from its sins.

Saved in Romans does not mean 'a restored Davidic theocracy.'

Paul said this about Israel because of the assumption that it was automatically 'in.' It never has been, even in the past.

SaulToPaul 2

But Rom 11 said 'kai houtos'--in this manner--this partially hardened manner. Ethne Israel always has been and always will be, but the Israel of faith will be justified from its sins.

Saved in Romans does not mean 'a restored Davidic theocracy.'

Paul said this about Israel because of the assumption that it was automatically 'in.' It never has been, even in the past.

Oh.