Speaking in tongues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john w View Post
    He/we believe(s) the bible; you, on the other hand, don't believe it, but merely read it, much like your Pizza Hut menu, then correct it, Opie, to fit your clown act "doctrine."

So there.
    I could go for some pizza. Bring Daphne to Morelli's at 8. I will bring Skippy.
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

• Who let the hogs out? Oink Oink Oink Oink Jud 18

Comment

• Originally posted by andyc View Post
        Saying this doesn't mean anything to me. I believe it is you who are conned, as I have shown from scripture in this thread.
        You do not have a case from scripture showing that the gifts of the Spirit have ended. So you can point to con men, and tell me I'm deluded till the cows come home.
        If you research out your religious movement, you would discover a lot of theology that proves what it believed today as the gifts is nothing but a scam. Both Jesus and Paul warned us of false signs and wonders. It's the same delusion people use an excuse - "it will never happen to me".

I don't put any value on your opinion, because I walk in what the bible says I can have. And it's a blessing to me every day.
        I can't help it if it didn't work for you, and so you want to discredit what you couldn't appreciate. Doubt and do without, that's your choice.
        I know what you believe is false, because it's all about YOU. The Kingdom of God is not about how much power you can get or by inserting non-existent promises into the Bible all to get stuff for yourself. This is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Why?

If people follow those who follow money, that is their decision. They have a bible.
        The Bible is used to promote the fallacy of the "God given right to follow the money". Just like the Bible is used to promote your fallacy of the "God given right to have power and healing and gifts".

No. Jesus said, without me you can do nothing. He also said, "you shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you". I know where the source of the power come from. But it's like a light switch, you have to put a demand on the power by switching the light on.
        See what I mean about using the Bible to support your fallacies?
        I am redeemed, You set me free
        So I'll shake off these heavy chains
        Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be ...

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

Comment

No I don't.
          Because unlike you, I see that I need gifts that go beyond my own abilities. You reject what Jesus suffered to give you, because you want it to be all about you.
          The usual twist and shout. YOU need the gifts. Jesus did not suffer on the cross in order for you to get YOUR rights. He died for our sins, because God wanted us reconciled to Him so we wouldn't be cursed and die in our sins. It was HIS plan, HIS faith, HIS grace, HIS love that saved us. Perhaps you can explain how that is all about me???
          I am redeemed, You set me free
          So I'll shake off these heavy chains
          Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be ...

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

Comment

• We spoke tongues in little league. Hey batta batta....hum...humm....hey batta batta...hey batta batta......sa-wiiiiiiiiiiing.
            They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
            You're too literal to get it.
            The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
              I could go for some pizza. Bring Daphne to Morelli's at 8. I will bring Skippy.
              Skippy ditched me for Fred Plummer.
              Saint John W

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                We spoke tongues in little league. Hey batta batta....hum...humm....hey batta batta...hey batta batta......sa-wiiiiiiiiiiing.
                Oh, you're a regular Bob Ueker now, aint' ya, Mayor? Why don't you tell us how you were once named College Player of the Year, but that you conveniently forgot to tell us that you had been in the minors for two years at the time? You beat everything....
                Saint John W

Comment

• Originally posted by john w View Post
                  Oh, you're a regular Bob Ueker now, aint' ya, Mayor? Why don't you tell us how you were once named College Player of the Year, but that you conveniently forgot to tell us that you had been in the minors for two years at the time? You beat everything....
                  Bob Uecker was the Rodney Dangerfield of baseball....
                  All of my ancestors are human.
                  Originally posted by Squeaky
                  That explains why your an idiot.
                  Originally posted by God's Truth
                  Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                  Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                  (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                  (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• They've got Abraham/Hagar flesh thinking not Abraham/Sarah new covenant thinking. Too bad they don't understand the things of the spirit (1 Co 1:18). They mock things of the spirit just as God said they would (Jud 18).

"Too bad." ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

The covenant of the spirit offers more.

Spoiler
                    Last edited by serpentdove; October 24th, 2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I have this gift.

It amuses me to watch the religious nutcases trying to refute from scripture that this gift is not for today.
                      This is your opportunity to prove that tongues is not for today. Give me your best shot from scripture. Choose your words and scriptures carefully.

Hi and it AMUSES me that you are AMUSED !!

And when I found out it is God that gives the GIFT of speaking in GLOSSIA / LANGUAGES and they are no longer given in the Dispenation of Grace , 1Cor 13:8 and I am not AMUSED that the bible is not taken seriously by PENTECOSTALS and that they have to PRETEND , because they are think you are CRAZY !!

And that is why they do TONGUES in a closed hall so that no one can see them !!

dan p

Comment

• There has to be an early rain and a latter rain. You have to have it to get the ground ready for the seed. If you don’t, the harvest doesn’t grow.

Be glad then, you children of Zion,
                        And rejoice in the Lord your God;
                        For He has given you the former rain faithfully,
                        And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
                        The former rain,
                        And the latter rain in the first month (Joe 2:23).

Comment

• Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
                          There has to be an early rain and a latter rain. You have to have it to get the ground ready for the seed. If you don’t, the harvest doesn’t grow.

Be glad then, you children of Zion,
                          And rejoice in the Lord your God;
                          For He has given you the former rain faithfully,
                          And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
                          The former rain,
                          And the latter rain in the first month (Joe 2:23).

Hi and NICE that you quote from Joel 2:23 and reading further it is talking about RAIN for Israel and their crops , and you are FRAMER !!

So what is your point ??

Should we plant wheat and Grapes !!

dan p

Comment

• Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                            So what is your point ??

Should we plant wheat and Grapes !!
                            Would you like to plant wheat and grapes?

The husbandman waits for the early rain and the later rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
                              Would you like to plant wheat and grapes?

The husbandman waits for the early rain and the later rain.

Hi and I am just responding to your reply , and you do not know what you write ??

Read your CONTEXT !!

dan p
                              Last edited by DAN P; August 26th, 2016, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TweetyBird View Post
                                If you research out your religious movement, you would discover a lot of theology that proves what it believed today as the gifts is nothing but a scam. Both Jesus and Paul warned us of false signs and wonders. It's the same delusion people use an excuse - "it will never happen to me".

I know what you believe is false, because it's all about YOU. The Kingdom of God is not about how much power you can get or by inserting non-existent promises into the Bible all to get stuff for yourself. This is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Bible is used to promote the fallacy of the "God given right to follow the money". Just like the Bible is used to promote your fallacy of the "God given right to have power and healing and gifts".

See what I mean about using the Bible to support your fallacies?
                                Good post TB

Comment

Working...
                                X