The 4 major Christian baptisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
    What will this KINGDOM TO COME to the EARTH be like?
    Read the prophets of Israel to find out. Compare Isaiah 60 with Revelation 21.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      Read the prophets of Israel to find out. Compare Isaiah 60 with Revelation 21.
      Give me a snap shot.
      Wretched man that I am.

Comment

Give me a snap shot.
        Isa 60:15-22 (KJV)
        (60:15) Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through [thee], I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. (60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (60:17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (60:18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (60:20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

Rev 21:22-27 (KJV)
        (21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof. (21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
          Isa 60:15-22 (KJV)
          (60:15) Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through [thee], I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. (60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (60:17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (60:18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (60:20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

Rev 21:22-27 (KJV)
          (21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof. (21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
          When I read about Jesus describing the kingdom, it looks like the church and the gospel to me and not like a earthly one.

Luke 17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Matt. 13:18 "Hear then the parable of the sower. 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. 20 The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. 22 And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 23 And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."
          Wretched man that I am.

Comment

When I read about Jesus describing the kingdom, it looks like the church and the gospel to me and not like a earthly one.

Luke 17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Matt. 13:18 "Hear then the parable of the sower. 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. 20 The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. 22 And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 23 And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."
            • Thanks SO much for asking for information and then COMPLETELY IGNORING IT.
            • In Luke 17, Jesus is talking to UNBELIEVERS.
            • UNBELIEVERS will never see (observe) the kingdom.
            • 'word of the kingdom" has some mystic significance to you?
            • The kingdom of God is described THROUGHOUT the prophecies to Israel.
            • The scripture that I showed you is about the CULMINATION of that KINGDOM.
            • I guess that folks like you think that the LORD Jesus Christ and His people are currently ruling with an IRON ROD.
            • You need to start believing the truth.
              Rev 2:26-27 (KJV)
              (2:26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: (2:27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
              No, but we do believe what he says. For instance, here Paul and those who were with him answered a question about what one must do to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

Do you believe the answer given by Paul?

If a person does nothing but "believe on the Lord Jesus" will that person be saved?
              I don't believe how you read Paul's word when it does not harmonize with Jesus' word.
              If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by steko View Post
                Well there's one thing for sure, your and my discussions never go anywhere.
                You guys are not going anywhere with anyone who are not Mad or their supporters.
                If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  You guys are not going anywhere with anyone who are not Mad or their supporters.
                  That's because you all refuse the truth.

Comment

Too late, already have.... many times.

Thank you Madam and good day!
                    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Originally posted by steko View Post
                      Too late, already have.... many times.

Thank you Madam and good day!
                      wishful thinking.

Comment

• Anyone who love Jesus more than Paul will not agree with mads people.

Comment

Anyone who love Jesus more than Paul will not agree with mads people.
                          I don't believe you ought to be posting in this area of TOL. You preach anti-Christian material. I'll leave that to the Mods? I reported you.

Comment

Anyone who love Jesus more than Paul will not agree with mads people.
                            More false accusations. You don't even know either of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                              No, but we do believe what he says. For instance, here Paul and those who were with him answered a question about what one must do to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

Do you believe the answer given by Paul?

If a person does nothing but "believe on the Lord Jesus" will that person be saved?
                              Madism teaches one must believe more than that.

LA
                              My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
                                Madism teaches one must believe more than that.

LA
                                Perhaps Lazyisms version of Madism "teaches" that.

Beat that straw-man all that you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X