ECT What is Preterism

Danoh

You Darby followers can make up all the excuses you want, but the Transfiguration was not the Coming of the Lord.

(Matt 16:27-28) For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

The above two verses are speaking of ONE EVENT.

Angels were not present at the Transfiguration.

Rewards were not given to all men at the Transfiguration.

Common sense (something that cannot be used with Dispensationalism) tells us that Jesus wouldn't tell a group of men that some of them would not taste death for an event that was six days away.

Was that Darby's view on those passages in Matthew 16?

Or are you just being you again?

STP's is not my view on those passages.

Neither is yours.

What is it with you that you post against all Dispies in general (despite our different specifics) as if you are some sort of the proverbial "woman scorned?"

You acted that way five years ago with Hilston.

The moment you disagreed with him, out came your "one size against all" antics of "a woman scorned."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Argue with Peter when you see him.

Luke proves you wrong

(Luke 9:27 KJV) But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Was the Transfiguration the kingdom of God?

Mark proves you wrong also:

(Mark 9:9 KJV) And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.

You want us to believe that Peter, James, and John saw the coming of the Lord, but couldn't tell anyone until after Jesus rose from the dead.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

Danoh

He may or may not have; I wouldn't know.

While, where your word on ANY thing is concerned, you will have to post evidence EACH AND EVERY time - you have years and years on TOL lying, distorting, cherry picking, baiting others, you name it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He may or may not have; I wouldn't know.

While, where your word on ANY thing is concerned, you will have to post evidence EACH AND EVERY time - you have years and years on TOL lying, distorting, cherry picking, baiting others, you name it.

You can read it HERE

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yay, Darby!

Before Darby, no one ever claimed the Transfiguration was the Coming of the Lord.

If you look at Darby's writings, he said "...be it as alleged, the destruction of Jerusalem, which I do not believe..."

Darby knew that's what the Coming of the Lord meant, and that he was now going to change it.

Danoh

Before Darby, no one ever claimed the Transfiguration was the Coming of the Lord.

If you look at Darby's writings, he said "...be it as alleged, the destruction of Jerusalem, which I do not believe..."

Darby knew that's what the Coming of the Lord meant, and that he was now going to change it.

Tet asserts not one stone was left - which I do no believe.

Me changing a thing, or disagreeing with it, you incompetent.

Interplanner

Tet asserts not one stone was left - which I do no believe.

Me changing a thing, or disagreeing with it, you incompetent.

Literalism will only gag us. It must be stopped. Don't bother interacting with anyone who is stuck in it.

I work at a place with several marked delivery vans and yet the employee's code of conduct is that 'no one is to know what kind of service you are providing'!!! This the kind of nonsense that gets going when a catastrophe like the DofJ happens, but the pesky literalist comes along and says hey a couple stones are stacked.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, I don't think that is a separate question from the contingency of a delay. If the disciples say that one of the comings may be delayed, how do you do the count?

There was only one "the coming of the Lord".

I don't see a delay. Christ Jesus said it would happen before His contemporaries all passed away.

If you're referring to 2 Peter 3:15, there was no delay.

Interplanner

Mk 13 allowed 4 different times, and I assume the last is the end of time, but perhaps there is a Judaic tradition I don't know about... Mt24B says only the Father knows, and it follows a paragraph on the worldwide judgement, so I assume he means that rather than raising the same question about all the details he just gave about 1st century Judea.

This is why Paul was convinced that it would all happen 1-2 (or A-B) in immediate succession. What does Peter mean by a long time? Or a short time?

Interplanner

So to answer the possible comings after the cross: they would be 1, the resurrection
2, the Spirit/Pentecost
3, the influx of the Gentile believers
4, the 'help' during the revolt in the form of delaying the seige so as to allow believers to escape
5, the destruction of the land

But none of that set are Mt24B's gathering of all elect from all the winds of earth and 'corners' of the heaven which may mean there are 'believers' who are not from earth...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does Peter mean by a long time? Or a short time?

Let's look at what Peter said:

(2 Peter 3:3) Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Now, let's look at what Jude said a few years later:

(Jude 1:17-19) But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

As we see, the last days took place in the first century just as Peter said, and Jude confirms.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But none of that set are Mt24B's gathering of all elect from all the winds of earth and 'corners' of the heaven which may mean there are 'believers' who are not from earth...

It pertains to the three pilgrimage feasts.

(Acts 2:5) Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

As we see above, Jews from every nation under heaven came to Jerusalem for Pentecost. The pilgrimage to Jerusalem was required for Pentecost.

Now jump to 70AD. Here is what Josephus said:

"Now the number of those that were taken captive during the whole war was calculated to be ninety-seven thousand, and those that perished during the siege one million one hundred thousand. Of these, the greater part were indeed of the same nation but did not live in the city itself, for they had come up from throughout the country to the Feast Unleavened Bread and were suddenly shut up by an army, " - Josephus, War 6.9.3 421-435

Josephus tells us the majority of Jews who were killed in Jerusalem in 70AD weren't Jews who lived in Jerusalem. They were Jews who had made the pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and then were trapped in the city when the Romans laid siege of the city.

Therefore, when applying the words of Peter from Acts 2:5.....judgement came upon "every nation under heaven".

Danoh

It is very revealing how you cherry pick through Josephus when it appears to make your supposed case even as you deny both Josephus and the Scriptures when either reveal the gaping holes that is your need to prop up your system, Tet.

As proven earlier in this very thread, the fact stands - Scripture asserts not one stone of that city would be left standing.

Josephus, as does history in general, reports the Western Wall and three of its towers were indeed left standing.

Your assertion has a bad case of kidney stones.