ECT What is Preterism

Right Divider

Body part
Um.....it's the Preterists who claim those who pierced Him actually did see Him come.

It's the non-Preterists who claim those who pierced Him won't actually see Him.

Once again, you prove why you are called "Wrong Divider".
Those that pieced Him simply refers to Israel. I know that you have a hard time understanding simple things.

Are you still going with that utter nonsense that the Roman army was Jesus?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those that pieced Him simply refers to Israel.

Wrong again, Wrong Divider.

"those who pierced Him" were the unbelieving Jews.

(1 Thess 2:14-15) You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone

Some of the Jews who pierced Christ Jesus were still alive in 70AD. They were part of "this generation".

Are you still going with that utter nonsense that the Roman army was Jesus?

"The Day of the Lord" was judgment on the unbelieving Jews that was carried out by the Roman army in 70AD.

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong again, Wrong Divider.

"those who pierced Him" were the unbelieving Jews.

(1 Thess 2:14-15) You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone

Some of the Jews who pierced Christ Jesus were still alive in 70AD. They were part of "this generation".
Yes, they're still around.

"The Day of the Lord" was judgment on the unbelieving Jews that was carried out by the Roman army in 70AD.
If you think that THAT is all there is to "the Day of LORD", then you really are a sad-sack.

The "DAY OF THE LORD" is His wrath and judgment on the ENTIRE UNBELIEVING WORLD.
Acts 2:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:20) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Do you think that this was some local sun and local moon?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, they're still around.

No, they aren't.

The generation of Jews who were contemporaries of Jesus are long gone.

If you think that THAT is all there is to "the Day of LORD", then you really are a sad-sack.

The "DAY OF THE LORD" is His wrath and judgment on the ENTIRE UNBELIEVING WORLD.

Acts 2:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:20) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Do you think that this was some local sun and local moon?
`

It's OT symbolism.

(Isaiah 34:1-4,9-10) Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come out of their carcasses, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood. And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.

The above describes the judgment that came upon the nation of Edom by the Babylonians and Assyrians.

Please answer the following questions:

1) Did the mountains literally melt from blood?

2) Was the host of Heaven (stars) literally dissolved?

3) Were the Heavens literally rolled up into a scroll?

4) Did the stars literally fall from the sky?

5) Was a sword literally bathed in Heaven?

If you answered "no" to the above questions, what makes you think Acts 2:20 is literal?

Right Divider

Body part
Um.....it's the Preterists who claim those who pierced Him actually did see Him come.

It's the non-Preterists who claim those who pierced Him won't actually see Him.

Once again, you prove why you are called "Wrong Divider".
And yet your "description" of "seeing" Him is that they didn't actually see Him.

Right Divider

Body part
No, they aren't.

The generation of Jews who were contemporaries of Jesus are long gone.

It's OT symbolism.

(Isaiah 34:1-4,9-10) Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come out of their carcasses, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood. And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.

The above describes the judgment that came upon the nation of Edom by the Babylonians and Assyrians.

Please answer the following questions:

1) Did the mountains literally melt from blood?

2) Was the host of Heaven (stars) literally dissolved?

3) Were the Heavens literally rolled up into a scroll?

4) Did the stars literally fall from the sky?

5) Was a sword literally bathed in Heaven?

If you answered "no" to the above questions, what makes you think Acts 2:20 is literal?
It's wonderful that in your magical, mystical belief system that what you want to be symbolic is just magically "symbolic".

A simple clue for you Tellalie.... SOME things in the Bible are symbolic and SOME thing are NOT!

YOU don't get to just pull ONE symbolic passage out of thin air and therefore make ANY OTHER passage that YOU want symbolic.

Per YOUR description above, these TWO passages are NOT describing the SAME THING.

The passage in Acts 2:20 is a direct quote from Joel and there is NO indication whatsoever that any of it is meant to be symbolic in the figurative sense that you're trying to make it.

You are a scripture twister and a liar. Come clean.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YOU don't get to just pull ONE symbolic passage out of thin air and therefore make ANY OTHER passage that YOU want symbolic.

There are many more.

The following describes the judgment against the Israelites by the Assyrians:

(Isaiah 24:1,3,4)See, the Lord is going to lay waste the earth and devastate it; he will ruin its face...The earth will be completely laid waste and totally plundered.....The earth dries up and withers,...

Was the earth literally laid waste?

Did the earth literally dry up and wither?

The following describes judgment against Babylon:

(Jer 51:25) “I am against you, you destroying mountain,
you who destroy the whole earth, declares the Lord.
“I will stretch out my hand against you, roll you off the cliffs,
and make you a burned-out mountain.

Was Babylon a literal mountain?

Did Babylon literally destroy the whole earth?

Did Babylon literally become a burned-out mountain?

I can give many more OT verses with symbolism that describe judgment.

Danoh

There are many more.

The following describes the judgment against the Israelites by the Assyrians:

(Isaiah 24:1,3,4)See, the Lord is going to lay waste the earth and devastate it; he will ruin its face...The earth will be completely laid waste and totally plundered.....The earth dries up and withers,...

Was the earth literally laid waste?

Did the earth literally dry up and wither?

The following describes judgment against Babylon:

(Jer 51:25) “I am against you, you destroying mountain,
you who destroy the whole earth, declares the Lord.
“I will stretch out my hand against you, roll you off the cliffs,
and make you a burned-out mountain.

Was Babylon a literal mountain?

Did Babylon literally destroy the whole earth?

Did Babylon literally become a burned-out mountain?

I can give many more OT verses with symbolism that describe judgment.

Forget that mess, lost man - lay out what was accomplished at the Cross, how, with the relevant passages, and how one avails oneself of same.

john w

Hall of Fame
The signs and miracles only lasted until 70AD.

The vast majority of Charismatics and Pentecostalists are Dispensationalists. You can't go to an Assembly of God church, or any other Charismatic/Pentecostal church without hearing about the rapture.

Also, you are only out to deceive. The article you linked said the following:

"Preterists believe that we now live in the everlasting kingdom of Christ. However, even with a covenant theology, many preterists are rejecting the gifts of the Spirit today on dispensational grounds, saying that the gifts were only for the dispensation of the first century."

I don't reject the gifts on "dispensational grounds", I reject them on "covenantal grounds".

"All dispensatiionalists are Darby followers."-little arms punk Craigie

You deceitful punk.

The vast majority of AD 70-ists/Preterists are Christ rejectors, who pervert the gospel of Christ, and all AD 70-ists/Preterists are mystics, closet Catholics, like you, no chin weasel.

So there, Frank Burns clone.

john w

Hall of Fame
You reject sound doctrine and plain Bible truths. Clete destroyed preterism in the Openview/Preterism thread, it's over for you tet

Just like Hilston shredded his sophistry, mysticism, Catholicism, exposed his lies, and spam, so much so, that Craigie bailed from that "debate," as he was bloodied, left slumped, on the mat.

Everyone should review that thread.

He is in denial.

john w

Hall of Fame
Identify this "everyone," that you claim, saw this "un physical" Saviour come, sweetie, as I, and others, have been asking you to do, for 3+ years.

Not a peep from this fraud, snake oil sales"man."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Forget that mess, lost man - lay out what was accomplished at the Cross, how, with the relevant passages, and how one avails oneself of same.

All sins were paid for at the cross for all time (past, present, and future).

Darby followers don't believe that. Darby followers claim there will be animal sacrifices for sin in the future.

You are anti-Christ when it comes to what was accomplished at the cross.

Danoh

Darby followers don't believe that. Darby followers claim there will be animal sacrifices for sin in the future.

I wouldn't know Darby's take on much that he may have held to...or not.

Seems you are the one ever following after him.

:rotfl:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wouldn't know Darby's take on much that he may have held to...or not.

Seems you are the one ever following after him.

:rotfl:

You're the Darby follower not me.

Only Darby followers claim animal sacrifices for sin will be required from God in the future.

Like I said, you're anti-Christ when it comes to understanding what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross regarding sin.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Literalists need to explain (video preferred) how exactly you 'roll a mountain off a cliff...'

I want to see the video of heaven being rolled up into a scroll.

Notice how the Darby followers run and hide when OT symbolism that is used in the NT is pointed out to them?

The Darby followers actually think the sun will literally stop shinning, and the moon will be turned into literal blood.

Darby followers are a mess.

Danoh

You're the Darby follower not me.

Only Darby followers claim animal sacrifices for sin will be required from God in the future.

Like I said, you're anti-Christ when it comes to understanding what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross regarding sin.

It's time you made peace with MADs and just focused on comparing understandings.

Look at the enemies Preterist John Noe has made of some of his own for his insistence that his Preterism is the correct one.

You need to drop the Jerry Shugart rerun.

ClimateSanity

Animal sacrifices did not pay for sins before the cross; they won't pay for them after the cross either but they were and are required for his covenant people pre cross and post cross. The cross pays for all sins for all times but how that is appropriated differs between the body of Christ, the covenant people of God and those under the noahic covenant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's time you made peace with MADs and just focused on comparing understandings.

That's impossible with you MADists because you guys can't defend Darby's false teachings, and resort to ad hominem every time.

I've seen so many people come to TOL, attempt to engage MADists with conversation, and every time the MADists attack the person instead of engaging in a conversation.