ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The best translation of Pisteuo is trust. Trusting Christ makes the whole matter dependent upon Him. Cleansed by Him, full of Him, empowered by Him. Slaves of the Master.
"But now that you have been set free from sin and become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification, and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

The truth of Pisteuo is freeing.

So your saying you don't agree with the strongs and the Vines definitions.

Because you said Pisteuo is "trust", and trust is a noun which would be the Greek word Pistis.

trusting or trusting unto Christ is pisteuo. But we are providing the act of Trusting, not trusting in His trusting like your kind of saying.

The best picture of "pisteuo" is an old testament word for Faith. "the leaning on a staff with all of our weight behind it. That means our life is part of the act being of trusting. That is why the Definition of "pisteuo" by the vines is so important. Vines:"A personal surrender to Him". Surrender of what? Our lives!

You mentioned we are "slaves of the Master", we'll have you ever known any slaves that stand around watching the master do all the work. Yes, Christ has done a work that is the Grace deposit, "the staff". we are "faithing" into Him by leaning our entire being on the staff which is Christ. The leaning on that staff is a continual action "WE DO" which is what Pisteuo means and is defined in the strongs and the vines.

journey

Journey,
Are you saying you reject the definitions of pisteuo I have copied out of the strongs and Vines?

I gave you ALL of the definition from Strong's. Try giving us ALL of the definition of whatever it is you are using and name the source.

Danoh

By the way, when a word is translated from one language to another, there is always the risk its intended sense just might end up "lost in translation" whether or not "the word for it" exists in the language it is being translated to.

Case in point, I just now used the word "lost."

What I'd meant by it will be determined, not by running off to some dictionary, and certainly, not by running off to that readymade, chockful of bias dictionary we all carry in our minds, but by how words are being used within what is being talked about.

This, for example, his how the phrase "drop a dime" came to refer to one thing at one place in time, but totally another, at another place in time.

HOW words are being used within the particular scope and context within which they are being used.

It is ever fascinating to me how many a Bible student ends up violating that.

This, as we harp on about how "well, it means what it says."

Danoh

Because you said Pisteuo is "trust", and trust is a noun which would be the Greek word Pistis.

trusting or trusting unto Christ is pisteuo. But we are providing the act of Trusting, not trusting in His trusting like your kind of saying.

The best picture of "pisteuo" is an old testament word for Faith. "the leaning on a staff with all of our weight behind it. That means our life is part of the act being of trusting. That is why the Definition of "pisteuo" by the vines is so important. Vines:"A personal surrender to Him". Surrender of what? Our lives!

You mentioned we are "slaves of the Master", we'll have you ever known any slaves that stand around watching the master do all the work. Yes, Christ has done a work that is the Grace deposit, "the staff". we are "faithing" into Him by leaning our entire being on the staff which is Christ. The leaning on that staff is a continual action "WE DO" which is what Pisteuo means and is defined in the strongs and the vines.

:doh:

genuineoriginal

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

thanks
More important than the Greek word PISTEUO is the Hebrew word אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah (faith) and the Hebrew word
צַדִּיק tsaddiyq (just).

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.​

אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah - faith
  1. firmness
  2. security
  3. faithfulness, in fulfilling promises

צַדִּיק tsaddiyq - just
  1. just, righteous, used of a judge or king, who maintains the right and dispenses justice
  2. one who has a just cause
    • in a forensic cause
    • in assertion, one who speaks what is right and true, whence adv. rightly, truly
  3. of a private person, just towards other men, obedient to the laws of God; hence upright, honest, virtuous, pious

journey

I find it amazing that every Bible translation known to man is mistranslated when it comes to the Greek word "Pisteuo". Maybe it's because they didn't have Faither to tell them how to do it. After all, Faither knows more than ALL of those translators. It would amount to almost an army of translators, and they're all wrong.

Jamie Gigliotti

Trusting is a verb. It is surrendering as a slave to God. Connecting to God relationaly through an act of our will. A trusting relatinship, where we give ourselves to Him for all that He has done for us.
"and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised." 2 Corinthians 5:15

Trust is a much better word for word translation that describes the relational responsibility we have concerning Him. All the rest of scripture describes what that trust entails, surrender included.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
More important than the Greek word PISTEUO is the Hebrew word אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah (faith) and the Hebrew word
צַדִּיק tsaddiyq (just).

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.​

אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah - faith
  1. firmness
  2. security
  3. faithfulness, in fulfilling promises

צַדִּיק tsaddiyq - just
  1. just, righteous, used of a judge or king, who maintains the right and dispenses justice
  2. one who has a just cause
    • in a forensic cause
    • in assertion, one who speaks what is right and true, whence adv. rightly, truly
  3. of a private person, just towards other men, obedient to the laws of God; hence upright, honest, virtuous, pious

The Hebrew has two words for Faith. And if your familiar with the Hebrew language as the one who taught me, the Hebrew paints a picture with there words.

First word for Faith: "Is the running to a mother birds wings." It highlights a continual act of running to something.

Second word for Faith: " To lean on a staff with all your weight upon it." This highlights the leaning on a staff (Christ) with "all" your trust, your whole being committed to the staff.. To the point if the staff broke you would go down with it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Trusting is a verb. It is surrendering as a slave to God. Connecting to God relationaly through an act of our will. A trusting relatinship, where we give ourselves to Him for all that He has done for us.
"and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised." 2 Corinthians 5:15

Trust is a much better word for word translation that describes the relational responsibility we have concerning Him. All the rest of scripture describes what that trust entails, surrender included.

I Like kinda where your going, but let me say what you said back to you and see if you catch what I did.

You said,
"A trusting relationship, where we give ourselves to Him for all that He has done for us."

The start of your statement and lines before it were great! Until you added, " where we give ourselves to Him" "FOR" all that He has done for us."

That's not surrender! That's what we do when we go to a vending machine and put the quarter in and wait for the prize to come out. That's what the problem with the churches and understandings today. People have a kind of investment mentality. When have you ever heard of someone surrendering on a battlefield, and saying to their captures, "here's my list of things i'm going to need if I surrender to you." There's no negotiation in surrendering your life to someone, especially Jesus! The trusting is, you are trusting Him to "guide" you in everything! And all the decisions we make everyday tell Jesus loud and clear if we really have surrendered our lives to Him. And I'm really just talking about the beginning of the relationship here.

After reading your post several times , there is kind of two ways I could take it. Especially the one line. maybe you could elaborate.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I find it amazing that every Bible translation known to man is mistranslated when it comes to the Greek word "Pisteuo". Maybe it's because they didn't have Faither to tell them how to do it. After all, Faither knows more than ALL of those translators. It would amount to almost an army of translators, and they're all wrong.

You didn't read my post very closely. I never said they did anything wrong! I said they didn't have a corresponding verb in English for the noun Faith, to choose from to translate "pisteuo". They should have had the words Faither, Faithing, and to faithe, but those are not in our English language. If I put myself in their shoes, I would have probably done the same thing. The problem is the huge group of called out ones who have built their understandings on the mistranslation. The translators never saw that coming.

Remember the Greek texts have the correct translation, so we can go back and learn, if we are willing.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
By the way, when a word is translated from one language to another, there is always the risk its intended sense just might end up "lost in translation" whether or not "the word for it" exists in the language it is being translated to.

Case in point, I just now used the word "lost."

What I'd meant by it will be determined, not by running off to some dictionary, and certainly, not by running off to that readymade, chockful of bias dictionary we all carry in our minds, but by how words are being used within what is being talked about.

This, for example, his how the phrase "drop a dime" came to refer to one thing at one place in time, but totally another, at another place in time.

HOW words are being used within the particular scope and context within which they are being used.

It is ever fascinating to me how many a Bible student ends up violating that.

This, as we harp on about how "well, it means what it says."

I picked up something in your post. You said a "BIAS" dictionary. Originally, you said you didn't need to look at the Greek texts, which I can see a state of that existing baring the correct understanding, but are you now saying you think the Greek dictionary's are bias?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Actually, as I was writing that post, I found myself rejoicing in its's truths as I reflected on them, once more.

I have you to thank for that, in part.

Why do you think i'm here talking about this. It's not for me! I've surrendered a long time ago, but still need to continue to surrendering. I Deny self, take up your cross, and follow Him. "Your cross"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeppers.

Danoh

Actually, as I was writing that post, I found myself rejoicing in its's truths as I reflected on them, once more.

I have you to thank for that, in part.

Why do you think i'm here talking about this. It's not for me! I've surrendered a long time ago, but still need to continue to surrendering. I Deny self, take up your cross, and follow Him. "Your cross"

You have misread what I meant.

Just as you are still mixing apples with oranges.

What He said in "the gospels" about a man taking up his cross was an impossibility before THE Cross.

He was giving them an instruction impossible to patiently continue in at that time.

This, in light of the overall all scope, context, and intended sense in which He said and did all He said and did in those four "gospels."

You are reading something later in to this that was earlier.

It is why you have so confused this absolute surrender issue in the way you have.

In this, it is not surprising those who might agree with you will; they also read the later into the earlier.

The best to you in this.

genuineoriginal

The Hebrew has two words for Faith. And if your familiar with the Hebrew language as the one who taught me, the Hebrew paints a picture with there words.

First word for Faith: "Is the running to a mother birds wings." It highlights a continual act of running to something.
Sounds like your mentor does not know what he is talking about.

Second word for Faith: " To lean on a staff with all your weight upon it." This highlights the leaning on a staff (Christ) with "all" your trust, your whole being committed to the staff.. To the point if the staff broke you would go down with it.
He probably got that mangled definition from this verse.

2 Kings 18:21
21 Now, behold, thou trustest upon the staff of this bruised reed, even upon Egypt, on which if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it: so is Pharaoh king of Egypt unto all that trust on him.​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You have misread what I meant.

Just as you are still mixing apples with oranges.

What He said in "the gospels" about a man taking up his cross was an impossibility before THE Cross.

He was giving them an instruction impossible to patiently continue in at that time.

This, in light of the overall all scope, context, and intended sense in which He said and did all He said and did in those four "gospels."

You are reading something later in to this that was earlier.

It is why you have so confused this absolute surrender issue in the way you have.

In this, it is not surprising those who might agree with you will; they also read the later into the earlier.

The best to you in this.

Someone agrees with me!! Now you've gone to far danoh! This is the misrepresentation where draw the line! LOL

I've been sharing this with people on line for 10 years, and "never" had anyone agree with me. So don't take that away from me too! LOL

I wish I could tell you more, but if what I'm saying now doesn't appeal to you, the rest won't either.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

21 Now, behold, thou trustest upon the staff of this bruised reed, even upon Egypt, on which if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it: so is Pharaoh king of Egypt unto all that trust on him.​

Ya you'd hate him. LOL

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I don't discuss Scripture with anyone until they've shown an understanding, of how you get to that point. I sometimes share foundational Scriptures like Rom 8:9 that do address those who are still being drawn.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I never met him, I only have accounts that he is a false teacher from you.

He would be incredibly false to you and your understanding.

I don't suppose you'd answer the question in the OP?

Funny, I would classify him as a genuine original, what a coincidence.