ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
QUOTE=Faither;4635933]The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

1) John 3:16

English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

2) John 5:24

English translation : "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "believes" (mistranslation) in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Greek translation : " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) to Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures

4) Rom. 3:22

English mistranslation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith In Jesus Christ to all and on all who "believe". (mistranslated word "believe) For there is no difference;

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

5) 1 Cor. 14:22,

English mistranslation: "Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; But prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe."

Corrected English translation from the Greek: Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who surrender their lives to Jesus but to those who surrender their lives to another Jesus; but prophesy is not for those who surrender their lives to someone other than the NT Christ but for those who do surrender their lives to the Jesus Christ of the NT.

6)Eph. 1:19

English mistranslation of "pisteuo." "And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who "believe" (mistranslation) according to the working of His mighty power.

Corrected translation of "pisteuo" " And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who surrender our lives to Christ, according to the working of His mighty power.

7) John 7:38

JN. 7:38 English mistranslation: "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Jn. 7:38 Greek corrected translation : He that surrenders his life to me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

The mistranslated word is "believeth" .

The correct translation is "surrenders his life to me."

Taken word for word out of the VINES for "pisteuo

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It still stands that when Jesus said in jn 6 that 'the work of God is to believe on him whom he sent' that he was contrasting human works with the work of God in Christ, and you don't do anything as such to access that for justification from sins. You may and should do many things in light of it, but you can't obligated God to yourself by surrendering.

Are you saying, because the word "believe" is used in Jn 6, that's what obligates God, not the word surrender

Danoh

Are you saying, because the word "believe" is used in Jn 6, that's what obligates God, not the word surrender

Throughout Scripture it is God Who obligates Himself to His standard.

He entered into a Covenant with Israel, for example. And yet, He Himself was/is its actual "condition."

Because God is NOT John Calvin!

That passage in Hebrews about Jesus Christ being the same yesterday, today, and forever, that everyone screws up - including you, language "expert," is referring to this aspect of God...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Why?

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Why?

He sets a standard He then holds Himself to.

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

He obligates Himself to His standard.

HE IS His standard.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

What saith what - language dictionaries???

If you have to ask such a question, it is because you have your headed buried in dictionaries - in a soup kitchen smorgasbord board of all kinds of words as indivivual bits of meat separated from the whole cow.

Get - in - the - Book.

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Throughout Scripture it is God Who obligates Himself to His standard.

He entered into a Covenant with Israel, for example. And yet, He Himself was/is its actual "condition."

Because God is NOT John Calvin!

That passage in Hebrews about Jesus Christ being the same yesterday, today, and forever, that everyone screws up - including you, language "expert," is referring to this aspect of God...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Why?

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Why?

He sets a standard He then holds Himself to.

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

He obligates Himself to His standard.

HE IS His standard.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

What saith what - language dictionaries???

If you have to ask such a question, it is because you have your headed buried in dictionaries - in a soup kitchen smorgasbord board of all kinds of words as indivivual bits of meat separated from the whole cow.

Get - in - the - Book.

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

I thought you might be ready to have an adult conversation about "pisteuo". That can only happen if you accept the words from the original Greek texts and their meanings.

Did you really think that just because you don't accept the Greek dictionary definition of "pisteuo" that I would just say that's ok, we can build a conversation on your disillusionment?

I'm not asking for you to accept my opinion. i'm asking that you to accept what the Greek dictionary says.

Do I need to repost the definitions again for you?

I'm thinking that subconsciously you still want to know more about this , so you keep this line of communication open. I know that people now days think they can just "say it" and "it" becomes their new reality. That's not going to fly here! we have to come to an agreement on "pisteuo". You said before you reject the Greek dictionary, that's a non starter for me.

Again, I'm not asking you to accept any of My understandings, only the Greek definition of "pisteuo."

Danoh

Man but you are dense - your dictionaries ARE your "it."

Your new "bottle," if you will.

And the word is delusion, not disillusionment. You would know if you could see your delusion for what it is.

Besides, it is obvious I am dealing with one "drunk" on his pride.

I am actually posting for whomever might actually have ears willing to hear.

You ruled yourself out the moment you allowed yourself the "strong drink" that is the delusion that answers are to be found in words divorced from their overall scope and context and then forced on said overall scope and context.

You have no say in who is allowed to disagree, or worse - agree with you on this cherry pick out of dictionaries buffets method of yours.

Nope. I quote the Scripture on these issues and you come with your "well, Dr. And So says right here" nonsense once more.

Your post is getting the level of respect you yourself are bringing it by its delusion.

Live with it. It is what your first shot fired declared - that o how you are willing to suffer for Jesus according to Strong and Vine.

Try THE Vine in a KJV... as is, some time...

Faither

BANNED
Banned
QUOTE=Faither;4635933]The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

English translation : "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "believes" (mistranslation) in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Greek translation : " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) to Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures

English mistranslation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith In Jesus Christ to all and on all who "believe". (mistranslated word "believe) For there is no difference;

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

English mistranslation: "Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; But prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe."

Corrected English translation from the Greek: Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who surrender their lives to Jesus but to those who surrender their lives to another Jesus; but prophesy is not for those who surrender their lives to someone other than the NT Christ but for those who do surrender their lives to the Jesus Christ of the NT.

English mistranslation of "pisteuo." "And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who "believe" (mistranslation) according to the working of His mighty power.

Corrected translation of "pisteuo" " And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who surrender our lives to Christ, according to the working of His mighty power.

JN. 7:38 English mistranslation: "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Jn. 7:38 Greek corrected translation : He that surrenders his life to me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

I know there's hundreds of thousands of people who know about the mistranslation of "believe" or "pisteuo" into the Word of God. Most of whom would never come onto a site like this to debate what they know to be true. But maybe just maybe, there's someone following along that wants to put in there two cents on the subject. Or, maybe, theirs some pastors , teachers, that would like to discuss this very important subject. I mean , were only talking about the salvation of millions of called out ones.

journey

I'm moving on and no longer care about Faither's argument. So, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. I have no doubt that the KJV and all good Bible translations properly translate the Greek word "Pisteuo". This is now a non-issue and a waste of time for me.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There's been a lot of interest in this thread waiting for the conversation to start. All 've had so far is a few that don't accept what the Greek definition of "pisteuo" is. Not "MY" opinion of what Pisteuo is or any doctrine of what pisteuo is, Just the Greek dictionary's definition.

If we could just get someone to only agree with with Greek dictionary, we could start a meaningful conversation. That's all I've been asking for from the beginning.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I know there's hundreds of thousands of people who know about the mistranslation of "believe" or "pisteuo" into the Word of God. Most of whom would never come onto a site like this to debate what they know to be true. But maybe just maybe, there's someone following along that wants to put in there two cents on the subject. Or, maybe, theirs some pastors , teachers, that would like to discuss this very important subject. I mean , were only talking about the salvation of millions of called out ones.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There's been a lot of interest in this thread waiting for the conversation to start. All 've had so far is a few that don't accept what the Greek definition of "pisteuo" is. Not "MY" opinion of what Pisteuo is or any doctrine of what pisteuo is, Just the Greek dictionary's definition.

If we could just get someone to only agree with with Greek dictionary, we could start a meaningful conversation. That's all I've been asking for from the beginning.

8) John 7:39

English mistranslation : John 7:39 "(But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that "believe" (mistranslation) on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified."

Corrected Greek translation: But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that "surrendered their lives" to Him should receive : for the Holy Spirit had not been yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Since this understanding of "Pisteuo" is new to a lot of people, I would like to give a little background on how I came to know about this mistranslation of "pisteuo" into our English Bibles.

In 1987 I came across a Bible teacher that would prove to be one of the greatest Biblical minds since Martin Luther. His Father was a preacher, so the last thing he wanted to be was a preacher also. But at an early age, he went to a Bible college and found himself being asked to leave. They recommended he went to a regular university and so he did. This started a journey for him that would make him a teachers teacher as many would describe him. Many, many more people disliked him than liked him, but everyone had a respect for his knowledge of the word of God.
He would go onto earn his degrees at Stanford university, amass the largest collection of Biblical manuscripts in private hands, behind the Vatican. He tirelessly mined through Gods word for 50 years, with all the ancient texts at his disposal. I first came across his teaching in 1987, the foundation of his teaching is the understanding of "Faith". Without this basic understanding, it was impossible to learn Gods Word correctly.

He would be the one, who First taught me that the Greek word "pisteuo" was mistranslated into English. The reason for this mistranslation is the Greek word "pisteuo", and to make that situation even worse, they used the word "believe" as a replacement word for "pisteuo". Pisteuo is the verb form of the noun "Faith" pistis in the Greek. The English language has no word for the verb form of "Faith". The words the English language should have had are faither, faithing, and to faithe. But those aren't in the English dictionary.

He would go on to teach that this Greek word "pisteuo" is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. In the vines, "pisteuo is defined as a "personal surrender to Him, and a life sustained by such surrender. The strongs is "commit unto", "be committed to", commit to ones trust," and specifically says that pisteuo "means not just to Believe."

So as I have said before, a great conversation can be started, but only for those who will accept the true definition of "pisteuo", used in the NT 248 times.

Interplanner

It's good Danoh. Also: grace is God giving the works of Christ to those who don't deserve, to justify them from their debt of sin.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It's good Danoh. Also: grace is God giving the works of Christ to those who don't deserve, to justify them from their debt of sin.

Pisteuo does take work, but it's not a work that can replace the eternal work Christ did on the cross. The work Christ did is finished and completed. We are saved by "that Grace" "through Pisteuo". Pisteuo takes action! Pisteuo is making a choice continually"!

A good example of "pisteuos" true meaning, is the Hebrew words for Faith. There's two of them.

1) "The running to the shelter of a mother birds wings" The emphasis is on the continual running to something>

2) "Leaning on a staff with all your weight behind it" The emphasis is on the continual leaning of all your weight, "all your life", on something. Nothing to catch you if you fall, your completely "Trusting in" the staff (Christ) even when it looks like it can break, we still surrender allof our weight to the staff.

Pisteuo "is" work! Anyone who thinks Pisteuo or Faithing can be a work that replaces Grace, doesn't acknowledge that the work Christ did on the Cross "IS FINISHED!!!"

Interplanner

Pisteuo does take work, but it's not a work that can replace the eternal work Christ did on the cross. The work Christ did is finished and completed. We are saved by "that Grace" "through Pisteuo". Pisteuo takes action! Pisteuo is making a choice continually"!

A good example of "pisteuos" true meaning, is the Hebrew words for Faith. There's two of them.

1) "The running to the shelter of a mother birds wings" The emphasis is on the continual running to something>

2) "Leaning on a staff with all your weight behind it" The emphasis is on the continual leaning of all your weight, "all your life", on something. Nothing to catch you if you fall, your completely "Trusting in" the staff (Christ) even when it looks like it can break, we still surrender allof our weight to the staff.

Pisteuo "is" work! Anyone who thinks Pisteuo or Faithing can be a work that replaces Grace, doesn't acknowledge that the work Christ did on the Cross "IS FINISHED!!!"

So is there something we differ about?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post

It still stands that when Jesus said in jn 6 that 'the work of God is to believe on him whom he sent' that he was contrasting human works with the work of God in Christ, and you don't do anything as such to access that for justification from sins. You may and should do many things in light of it, but you can't obligated God to yourself by surrendering.

I didn't understand this post you made.

Does you understand that "believing" is a mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo"?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Interplanner,

The last time you posted in this thread, I asked you a question, and you never replied back. I view that as bad etiquette. Were on the same side here, I realize what's at stake here. I understand you to have an honest sense about you. I need you to honestly answer this question! Not with another question, or by posting Scripture, but simply by a yes or no.

Do you acknowledge that the word "pisteuo" was mistranslated into our English Bibles?

Do you accept the Greek definitions of "pisteuo I have posted above?

POST # 181

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Keep in mind, I've been taking out the mistranslated words for "pisteuo" , believe, believing, and believer and replacing it with the "correct" definition of "pisteuo". If the English language had the verb for "Faith", I could simply use that "correct" word in its rightful place. The words are Faither, Faithing, and to Faithe.

John 3:16 would read like this.

) John 3:16

Greek correct translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever is "Faithing" in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

This time I used the one word that the English language should have had for translators when translating the word "pisteuo" into the Scriptures. ( The definitions of "pisteuo" are "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." " Commit unto", "Commit to ones trust", be committed unto". All definitions of an action word.

Danoh

And never mind that 95% of the passages supposedly relevent Faither's arguement are are related, not to "gospel of the grace of God" but to Israel's "gospel of the kingdom," and much of that BEFORE the Cross.