ECT Mid-Acts Facts: Key to the Grace Life

Danoh

Surely with all of that you believe me to be you can be more specific?

I tend to look at things in the abstract. It allows one to see much more of the overall terrain one is looking at, and as a result; with less preference for one side of a thing or the other.

Sort of like the "neither circumcision, nor uncircumcision" perspective that had allowed Paul to see so much that most are still unable to.

Thus, in my post to you, I was neither for you, nor against you.

For as Paul related - "neither...availeth any thing, but a new creature" (now looking at things from that focus; now this does indeed allow seeing what's what as it is, or "with open face").

Just imagine if all Believers would simply focus on seeing not only their self, but one another, as God does in His Son - through the eye of "IN Him."

Ephesians 4:16 would be that much more their everyday, collective, real-time...reality.

Danoh

2 Corinthians 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Interplanner

Lol, perhaps you might drop the "Reference" in your name and just add an "ed" to "Cross."

You seem so serious; so legalistic; so crossed in just about your every response to just about anyone you do not see eye to eye with, which is very often.

Where is your love, joy, peace, and longsuffering in the Spirit?

At some point you have got to begin to realize that perceiving one and all through a lens wherein all are perceived via some sort of a Performance Based Acceptance Standard of yours that all must meet in order for you to be happy with them, is not only never going to free you from same, but will ever keep you at the mercy of your unhappiness with what is sure to come your way - your perception of another's failure to meet your standard once more.

I know this much and want this same understanding for you; I know that yours is the same legalism principle under the Law the Galatians ended up operating under with one another; and thus its result; their obviously constant biting and devouring of one another.

"BUT IFye be led of the Spirit" you "are not under the law" Gal. 5:18.

Not only as to your sense of acceptance before God, BUT ALSO as to your need to have all kow tow to you just right, in order for you to even utter a kind word, let alone, one motivated by "faith; which worketh by love."

Aren't you tired of the bondage of all that?

An umbrella of Grace, EVER awaits you; ever awaits each of us.

May it soon be your experience. Sincerely,

That is a good intention, Danoh, but it is extremely odd that for 2 years I had no idea from any of your summaries that that was your concern, nor your essential belief as you campaigned for MAD. Not that I'm any more inclined to make use of it. I think you were theologically-legalistic about it, to the point of not even being able to express its benefit.

Danoh

That is a good intention, Danoh, but it is extremely odd that for 2 years I had no idea from any of your summaries that that was your concern, nor your essential belief as you campaigned for MAD. Not that I'm any more inclined to make use of it. I think you were theologically-legalistic about it, to the point of not even being able to express its benefit.

Consider that that is because you are still reading what you think I am talking about into my words.

Even witin Mid-Acts some have ended up concluding over the years that someone like me is just talking "can't we all just compromise what we hold to just so we can get along..."

People read a thing into it, conclude that was what was meant, and then run with said conclusion as being what was meant.

Take the opposition against Darby's, for example, since the opposition to Mid-Acts is basically the result of the same "one size fits all."

Read, the pdf in my thread about Darby's description in his own words on how he came to understand through Paul's writings who he, Darby was, in Christ.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11628It

It is clear that this distinction then allowed him to see the distinction between Israel and the Body.

It is clear that because he had not known those two as the "one and the same size fits all" that it is taught as, he did not have that clouding his discernment of this issue as has been the case with, say, you.

All this time that I have been ranting on about the need to at the very least explore the Mid-Acts Perspective, my point has been the Grace Life it then allows one to see with greater clarity from said perspective.

The two are that connected to one another.

Seeing who he was in Christ had allowed Darby (only to begin) to see a distinction between that and who Israel is in its relationship with the LORD thru His Son by the Spirit.

This, in turn, allowed other distinctions to become obvious.

Then he died, and those who came after him stopped going further, until men like O'Hair, et al.

But, the one distinction only appears to be an error - to the stubborn outsider - to said individual it appears to be "putting the cart before the horse."

The more astute observer, on the other hand, will relate the observation that what often goes unobserved and is therefore concluded by the less astute as never having been the case when it is brought forth, only went unobserved for so long, not because it was never there all along, but because one or another aspect of its whole was never picked up on.

"I doubt we will ever crack the atom," Einstein once erroneously observed.

Columbus himself remarks in his journals his having observed a distinction between things that (critically) differ, that others had ignored, but that had appeared to indicate to him that the world was not flat, as most then asserted. He then proceeded to explore that.

Such distinctions literally jump out at one; they are so obvious, other than to the OVER "learned."

And here we all are.

Debating a thing is not there because it never was, out of what the less astute, no matter their smarts and or experience, have continually failed to see.

Here we are debating this on what business genius like few, Tom Watson, told a young Steve Jobs, hadn't any possibility of a world market one day - the Desktop Computer.

So blinded from the obvious the great Watson had become; that he had simply been unable to see said obvious in one simple distinction that actually pointed to the sense of the whole that Steve Jobs had been able to see, through said one small distinction.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sold it. I now have a slow (for now) truck. I guess I need to update my avatar.

The Supra was in snow last week. Not willingly of course, it just worked out that way. So I washed it in the winter to get the salt off that UAW wants on cars.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People read a thing into it, conclude that was what was meant, and then run said conclusion as being what was meant.

Take the opposition against Darby's, for example, since the opposition to Mid-Acts is basically the result of the same "one size fits all."

Yet it is obvious from reading TOL, that there is no "MAD doctrine" like there is the RCC, "Pentecostals", Jehova Witness....We read it and it means what it says. Unless it is an obvious metaphor, which happens. The context tells us as does the "old testament" and events leading to it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol, perhaps you might drop the "Reference" in your name and just add an "ed" to "Cross."

You seem so serious; so legalistic; so crossed in just about your every response to just about anyone you do not see eye to eye with, which is very often.

Where is your love, joy, peace, and longsuffering in the Spirit?

You should ask John W, he is MAD.

Danoh

You should ask John W, he is MAD.

I was addressing CR, and from where I look at things from as well as, in the way that I address things.

Neither JohnW, nor I do that in the exact same way anymore than you do.

I would point out again that as with any school of thought, you'll find that MADs will differ in their understanding of some things.

In this, there are a good four to five different MAD understandings on some things represented on here.

That is how it is within any school of thought - how many on here see things exactly as you do in every area?

What matters is that Grace reign when differences in understandings arise so that they do not become personal issues.

And, as with anything else in life, each individual will be at their own level of understanding as to this importance.

Who am I, you, or anyone else to judge that, other than when addressing someone about it who one is interacting with?

And JohnW was not who I was addressing.

All you are doing is allowing your animosity to defeat you.

Animosity is a useless distraction. It too was put to death on the Cross.

The best to you in your understanding of this important "distinction."