ECT Jesus was full of Grace and Truth.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You are gone wrong CR we are but earthen vessels we will only have what we receive...and receive freely

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why? How come? He was also the prototype of the Spiritual man God intended all men to conform to.

Yes.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

Cross Reference

You are gone wrong CR we are but earthen vessels we will only have what we receive...and receive freely

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" Romans 8:29 (KJV) "many brethren"

OCTOBER23

CR said,

Why? How come? He was also the prototype of the Spiritual man God intended all men to conform to.
-----------------------------
EASY PEAZY CR.

As the LORD GOD of the Old Testament, He was tired of those Games of Slaughtering each other.So , He decided that he wanted some Cool and Classy
people around like King David, Samuel , Daniel and Job who were just the
OPPOSITE of Satan who HATES GOD and Humans and wants to Destroy them.

So, we have to be PURE Thinking and Kind, Compassionate and Honest
and build Godly Character and Resist Sin and be Overcomers.

And if we do , then , we get IMMORTALITY and RULERSHIP of the Universe.

I think that is an EVEN TRADE , DON'T YOU ??

See you in the Kingdom :rapture:

Cross Reference

John 1:14 KJV - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yes. I agree. And we are purposed by God to are enter into that same process of becoming what the Romans/Jews call "adoption" by which the "child-son" is taught the ways of his father for to carry on the business of the household. For this reason the scriptures have it as our "working out our salvation with fear and trembling", Jesus, the Captain of our salvation, being the "First of first fruits" showing us the way to do it.

nikolai_42

Jesus attributed all that He did and said to the Father - not to Himself. So in following Him - or being conformed to His image - the work in us (and through us) is all about Him and not us.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

They are His works, after all. Not ours. So that "prototype" is wrapped up in Not I but Christ.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 1:3-7

Grace, truth, love, adoption and conformity to Him. All without our work.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Cross Reference

Jesus attributed all that He did and said to the Father - not to Himself. So in following Him - or being conformed to His image - the work in us (and through us) is all about Him and not us.

Indeed. He was God's representative of what hHe intended Adam to be. That is why is called the last or second , Adam.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Again, yes. "Our light", the verse says. How is that accomplished if we are not pursuing our goal set for us by the Father?

They are His works, after all. Not ours. So that "prototype" is wrapped up in Not I but Christ.

His works? Yes. Jesus is the Captain made perfect as our example that we are to follow.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 1:3-7

Grace, truth, love, adoption and conformity to Him. All without our work.

Not hardly if you understand what all you just posted that you believe I need to understand. Your last sentence is a process. The same one Jesus exampled for us.

nikolai_42

Indeed. He was God's representative of what hHe intended Adam to be. That is why is called the last or second , Adam.

Again, yes. "Our light", the verse says. How is that accomplished if we are not pursuing our goal set for us by the Father?

His works? Yes. Jesus is the Captain made perfect as our example that we are to follow.

Not hardly if you understand what all you just posted that you believe I need to understand. Your last sentence is a process. The same one Jesus exampled for us.

It is a process in us - not in Christ.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Philippians 2:5-8

In His humanity, there was a progressive unfolding of the Father's will, but that is necessary since what is existed eternally unchanged in heaven can only be seen over time on earth.

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?
Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Hebrews 2:6-15

Christ was indeed deliverer and sufferer for us. And the suffering in the flesh was necessary but it was only the spreading out in time what was eternally declared in eternity (and already fulfilled there) before the Lord's advent over 2000 years ago.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Gen 3:15

And basically all of Isaiah 53, but note this :

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Isaiah 53:2-4,10

The process of suffering was not for Him. It was for us. It was to bear our iniquities, but also to be rejected and bring to light and culmination the judgment upon unbelieving Israel. This was not God deciding to find a man and make that man perfect and an example. It was God showing what He was in a revelation in human form and showing us how we would be made holy and blameless before Him. Not in our own strength. Not in our own works. Not according to our own righteousness - but in Christ alone.

Example? Maybe...

Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

I Peter 2:18-25

He is an example, but note that He was sinless but we are to be dead to sins. Semantically, maybe a small difference - but practically, not so small...

Cross Reference

I am not full of grace of grace and truth. If I was I could walk on water. However, as Paul said of us: “7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.” Ephesians 4:7 (KJV) That is the fact.

Here is my understanding:

We can assume from scripture that Jesus gives in measure for our sake as we learn to handle His glory; come into union with Him and His Father. Per (John 17 21-23) . That passage gives us understanding of the purpose of redemption and our new birth from above provides for. It is much more narrow a purpose than a free ticket out of hell much religious mentality ceases to take into itself, that one who is born again has responsibility exactly as Jesus had upon which lives for heirship in God hang in the balance. (Gal 4:7 KJV)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 1:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am not full of grace of grace and truth. If I was I could walk on water. However, as Paul said of us: “7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.” Ephesians 4:7 (KJV) That is the fact.

Here is my understanding:

We can assume from scripture that Jesus gives in measure for our sake as we learn to handle His glory; come into union with Him and His Father. Per (John 17 21-23) . That passage gives us understanding of the purpose of redemption and our new birth from above provides for. It is much more narrow a purpose than a free ticket out of hell much religious mentality ceases to take into itself, that one who is born again has responsibility exactly as Jesus had upon which lives for heirship in God hang in the balance. (Gal 4:7 KJV)

If you have not the righteousness of Christ, you're not of Him.