Rome's Traditions Come From Pagan Religions

Jerry Shugart

John Henry Cardinal Newman admits that the early church adopted and imitated the demon-worship of pagan religions:

"Confiding then in the power of Christianity to resist the infection of evil, and to transmute the very instruments and appendages of demon-worship to an evangelical use, and feeling also that these usages had originally come from primitive revelations and from the instinct of nature, though they had been corrupted; and that they must invent what they needed, if they did not use what they found; and that they were moreover possessed of the very archetypes, of which paganism attempted the shadows; the rulers of the Church from early times were prepared, should the occasion arise, to adopt, or imitate, or sanction the existing rites and customs of the populace, as well as the philosophy of the educated class."​

One of the things of Rome today which came from these pagan religions is the worship of the Queen of Heaven:

"The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger" (Jer.7:18).​

It still makes the LORD angry to see prayers being offered to the pagan queen of heaven and that happens every single day by those who follow the teachings of pagan Rome!

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Did Jesus invent the Internet or tell anyone to use it? No, but we use it anyway.

That is the only point that Newman is making.

As usual you twist someone's words to promote your evil lies.

Jerry Shugart

Did Jesus invent the Internet or tell anyone to use it? No, but we use it anyway.

That is the only point that Newman is making.

The point that Newman made is that Rome took the things of demon worship and adopted them into their pagan church. Must make you proud!

Cardinal Newman also wrote, "Constantine, in order to recommend the new religion to the heathen, transferred into it the outward ornaments to which they had been accustomed in their own. It is not necessary to go into a subject which the diligence of Protestant writers has made familiar to most of us. The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons, use of calendars, processions, blessings on the fields; sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turning to the East, images at a later date, perhaps the ecclesiastical chant, and the Kyrie Eleison, are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church."

The church at Rome is TOTALLY pagan and just like all the Pagan religions they tech that a person must do works in order to be saved. That is why they deny the plain words of the Lord Jesus:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The point that Newman made is that Rome took the things of demon worship

You are a liar. Nothing was taken from demon worship.

The point that Newman made is that Rome took the things... (snip) ...and adopted them into their pagan church. Must make you proud!

I am proud because because I am not a narrow minded ignorant extremist like you are. You are too stupid to understand that any "Truth" that has seeped into false religions comes from God because he is the source of all Truth.

Do you understand that God is the source of all Truth? Do you? Do You?

Do you understand that since God is the source of all Truth, any truth found in another religion must have come from God? Do you? Do You? Does your narrow little tiny brain allow you to understand that?

Therefore, anything that is Trus is of God and regardless of where it is found it can be accepted as truth.

If a Hindu belief says that I must respect my mother and father then I can accept that belief as truth because it IS true.

Little small minded hatemongers like you don't understand that God is bigger than your tiny little understanding of Him.

Jerry Shugart

You are too stupid to understand that any "Truth" that has seeped into false religions comes from God because he is the source of all Truth.

You know nothing about the truth of God and it is easy to prove. You refuse to believe the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

I have nothing but pity for you because you have been deceived by the Pagan Church at Rome and unless you repent you will spend eternity cursing Rome. But then it will be too late!

Jerry Shugart

You are a liar. Nothing was taken from demon worship.

Now you are claiming that you know more about this subject than Cardinal Newman, who wrote:

"Confiding then in the power of Christianity to resist the infection of evil, and to transmute the very instruments and appendages of demon-worship to an evangelical use..."

Jerry Shugart

You are too stupid to understand that any "Truth" that has seeped into false religions comes from God because he is the source of all Truth.

You know nothing about the truth of God and it is easy to prove. You refuse to believe the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

I have nothing but pity for you because you have been deceived by the Pagan Church at Rome and unless you repent you will spend eternity cursing Rome. But then it will be too late!