ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
David never received the promise in his life time...he was not saved until the cross/new covenant.

He looked forward to salvation...there is NO salvation under the old system.
Yes, there was salvation under the old system.
There has been salvation available from the beginning in every system.

If you and I died and were buried today, we would be awaiting promises (just as David).

graceandpeace

Wrong.

Galatians 3
(17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

When the law came, it had no bearing on the promise that had already come.

Read it in context...the whole point is that the law being added brought about condemnation, so that God could open the DOOR for the NEW covenant, which WAS the promise...LOL

The law of MOSES IS NOT OF FAITH.

Only works wrath:

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath

Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith

why? It required PERFECTION:

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Now, go read the verse you quoted in CONTEXT.

graceandpeace

Then why do you throw such a hissy-fit and retaliate when someone doesn't like you?
Are you living under the eye-for-an-eye system?

Where have I said I cared if someone likes me? What I do not like is when people like yourself twist my words to say something I never even thought.

Leave me alone, if all you want to do is twist them again.

andyc

Same as you and I today trust that God will not abandon us to the grave.

Are you saying that your faith is in a future redemption?

Why not?
You and I are not yet physically resurrected from the grave either, and yet we are saved by grace.

We receive the grace of God in this life. Those under the law were under condemnation for the sins they committed, and they hoped that God had a way of dealing with it. We rejoice in the fact that Christ has dealt with it by taking our condemnation on himself.

graceandpeace

Yes, there was salvation under the old system.
There has been salvation available from the beginning in every system.

If you and I died and were buried today, we would be awaiting promises (just as David).

what a crock of baloney.

We have salvation NOW. The promise pointed to our day; when it would be made available, through the DEATH of JESUS; which is the new covenant.

2 cor 6:2 For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you." [fn] Behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.

As Paul spoke concerning the prophet whom prophesized of OUR day; and how it would bring salvation to everyone that believed.

The old covenant saints looked FORWARD to their salvation, they did not receive it in their day.

Because of this:

Hbr 11:39 All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised.

Hbr 11:40 For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us.

It was by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that ALL saints were perfected, as pertaining SALVATION....

Do not confuse that with the perfecting of one's faith, which is a process of maturity, adding to faith knowledge, etc.

andyc

I said there was grace..but only by looking FORWARD to the new covenant by FAITH. They did NOT receive the promise in their lifetimes, Tam...for that reason.

It is you that needs to understand a thing or two, and stop calling the truth foolishness.

That's right. Until Christ came they were all still in bondage.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Leviticus 18:5 'So you shall keep My statutes and My judgments, by which a man may live if he does them; I am the LORD.

The Torah may have a different verse, but I think Paul was at least referring to Torah instruction.

Romans 7:10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me;

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wrong.
Galatians 3
(17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
When the law came, it had no bearing on the promise that had already come.

Now, go read the verse you quoted in CONTEXT.
Speak to yourself.

The promise was given to Abraham 430 years before the law was given.
When the law was given, it could not disannul the promise.
The law had no bearing on the promise.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yet, in the new covenant, we receive it in our lifetime, when we repent and believe..salvation is given.
Yep, salvation is given even though we still look forward to the resurrection (which is included with our salvation).

David looked forward to the day when all would come to pass.
We look forward to the day when all will come to pass.

I wonder if you even know what the new covenant is.
Wonder for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.