ECT Our triune God

john w

Hall of Fame
Enter the Mediator, the Lord Jesus Christ, as the "anti-type" fulfilling the type in the Old Testament. We are all guilty, but now enter justice! Now we come to the wonderful aspect of God's work on your behalf. He sent His beloved Son from heaven, not only to be your last Adam, but to be the Mediator between Himself and you. A mediator is one who stands between two parties to reconcile their differences when there is a breach between them. And the gulf between us and God is considerable.

REQUIREMENTS - The Lord Jesus is God's only Mediator. And He is the only possible mediator for you.

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” 1 Timothy 2:5

And notice the above verse emphasizes the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ had to be a man(the “why”)-it is not addressing his deity in this verse.

A mediator must be one who is accepted and trusted by both parties involved. God the Father said of the Lord Jesus, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him" (Matthew 17:5). He asks you to receive His Son. You enter into your part of the mediation by accepting and trusting God's Mediator.

In order to be the Mediator between God and man, the Lord Jesus had to partake of both God's nature and man's nature. That is mediation--He entered into the very nature of both parties involved! Are you not beginning to be gripped by the marvel of all this?

The Lord Jesus always was/is God; He had God's nature from all eternity. By being born of the virgin Mary, He took upon Himself the nature of man. He is referred to in the Scriptures as both "Son of God" and "Son of man".

john w

Hall of Fame
“The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God. In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. “ Zech. 12:1-10

“…they shall look upon me whom they have pierced…” Zech. 12:10

Who is this “me”? “The LORD”, “their God.”-he will be pierced.

john w

Hall of Fame
I can't speak for my fellow droids but I don't think I've ever used that as an argument against him being God. I do use it, with supporting texts, to prove to trinitarians the he is a man for those who deny that he was. Even if someone did use it as an argument against him being God it wouldn't necessarily be intelectual dishonesty, maybe just poor reasoning abilities.

Fair enough.

" maybe just poor reasoning abilities"

Nope-they use it to deceive. You aren't talkin' to your Uncle Joe, whose amovin' kinda slow, on these boards...

john w

Hall of Fame
The Lord Jesus Christ was not a victim. The Christ-rejecting world portrays Him in this light-as a "martyr". And What saith "...the scripture of truth...."(Daniel 10:21), which is "...true from the beginning...."(Psalms 119:160):

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” John 10: 17-18

The Lord Jesus Christ chose when/where to die, voluntarily, and, contrary to what "Hollywood" or the secular world states, the Lord Jesus Christ did not "bleed to death"(as a martyr)on the cross. He voluntarily dismissed His own spirit, as it written::

“Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.” Mt. 27:50

“And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.” Luke 23:46

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.” John 19:30

I wonder, how many of us can "try to die" this way?(rhetorical question). What man has this “power” to do this? Go ahead and try. Only the LORD God can do this-the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh.

john w

Hall of Fame
“Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?” Exodus 17:2

“Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.” 1 Corinthians 10:9

Thus, Exodus says “the people” tempted whom? The LORD. And the scriptures in 1 Cor., referring to the same OT history of “children of Israel”(Exodus 17:1), says they tempted Christ. Christ is the LORD God.

End of thread.

Krsto

In order to be the Mediator between God and man, the Lord Jesus had to partake of both God's nature and man's nature. That is mediation--He entered into the very nature of both parties involved!

Care to demonstrate the above scripturally?

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
/
I have told you that you have no understanding of scripture...none of these discount the scriptures that declare Jesus to be God in he flesh.

And there are old and new testament scriptures that declare Him to be God....you are studying only with your natural mind, that is not good enough to understand scripture.

You need to show me by your un-natural mind which of these texts supports your claim or how can your un-natural mind make them to say that Jesus is God.

Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Eze 34:23-24, Mic 5:2, Mt 6:9, 11:25, Jn 6:23, 6:44-45, 6:65, 14:6, 14:10, 17:3, 20:17, 20:31, Ac 2:22, 2:36, 3:21, 10:36, 17:31, Ro 1:7, 1Cor 1:3, 8:6, 2Co 1:2, 5:18+21, Eph 1:3, 2:18, Ga 1:1, 1:3, Col 1:1-3, 1:12-13, Php 1:2, 1Th 1:1-3, 2Th 1:1-2, 1Ti 1:1-2, 2:5, 2Ti 1:1-2, Ti 1:4, Phm 1:3-4, Heb 1:1-2, Jam 1:1, 1Pe 1:2-3, 2Pe 1:2, 1Jn 1:2-3, 2Jn 1:3, Jud 1:1, Re 1:1.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
My mind is as natural as yours but neither you or I will understand the scripture with our natural minds...you are in active opposition to the Holy Spirit whose mission in this age is to exalt the Lord Jesus...how then will He teach you?

Can you tell us who inspired those below to put it down the way they did?

Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Eze 34:23-24, Mic 5:2, Mt 6:9, 11:25, Jn 6:23, 6:44-45, 6:65, 14:6, 14:10, 17:3, 20:17, 20:31, Ac 2:22, 2:36, 3:21, 10:36, 17:31, Ro 1:7, 1Cor 1:3, 8:6, 2Co 1:2, 5:18+21, Eph 1:3, 2:18, Ga 1:1, 1:3, Col 1:1-3, 1:12-13, Php 1:2, 1Th 1:1-3, 2Th 1:1-2, 1Ti 1:1-2, 2:5, 2Ti 1:1-2, Ti 1:4, Phm 1:3-4, Heb 1:1-2, Jam 1:1, 1Pe 1:2-3, 2Pe 1:2, 1Jn 1:2-3, 2Jn 1:3, Jud 1:1, Re 1:1.

Now, tell us who is that spirit who inspires you to contradict the one who inspired those who penned the texts above?

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Ghost is able to sort you out.

He has just been doing it. Just listen to him, Totton:

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Jus trying to be helpful :)

We don’t need your un-natural mind’s help, Totton. Just acknowledge this or explain why your un-natural mind rejects it:

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
The Lord Jesus always was/is God; He had God's nature from all eternity.

Is that sooooo?

Why then Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Jn 3:34, Ac 13:23, 2:36?

By being born of the virgin Mary...

So mary gave birth to God.

...he took upon Himself the nature of man.

God then made himself a man.

Woooow.

He is referred to in the Scriptures as both "Son of God" and "Son of man".

But never God the Son.

One wonders why this:

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
“Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?” Exodus 17:2

“Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.” 1 Corinthians 10:9

Thus, Exodus says “the people” tempted whom? The LORD. And the scriptures in 1 Cor., referring to the same OT history of “children of Israel”(Exodus 17:1), says they tempted Christ. Christ is the LORD God.

End of thread.

Would you like to consider Eze 34:23-24 or Php 2:11?

To the glory of God the Father.

What about this:

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

fzappa13

Perhaps it’s time for a Trinitarian only forum. I mean, here at TOL, there have been attempts to better serve its clientele that have seen the creation the Christian only forum (yours truly having been a part of that little scrum) and the women only forum (yours truly having been obviously excluded from that one) … maybe this further subdivision will serve some useful purpose.

Experimentation is the proof of the scientific method. Perhaps it has its application here as well.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps it’s time for a Trinitarian only forum. I mean, here at TOL, there have been attempts to better serve its clientele that have seen the creation the Christian only forum (yours truly having been a part of that little scrum) and the women only forum (yours truly having been obviously excluded from that one) … maybe this further subdivision will serve some useful purpose.

Experimentation is the proof of the scientific method. Perhaps it has its application here as well.

Why would a Christian be afraid of his faith be questioned?

Is it not how he should convince the world by presenting the truth as it is written in the scriptures?

Has a Christian something to hide?

Is the light of the scriptures to be hidden?

In principle I see nothing wrong in this but it usually gives unlimited licence to slander the true worshippers of the Father the only true God by the peddlers of pagan fables.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We don’t need your un-natural mind’s help, Totton. Just acknowledge this or explain why your un-natural mind rejects it:

The only life Christ has to impart is divine life, that is why Rlz rightly says it is a salvic issue. You will never enter His kingdom until you bow the knee to Him as God. What you are in is an unhappy vacuum trying to disprove His divinity.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
The only life Christ has to impart is divine life, that is why Rlz rightly says it is a salvic issue. You will never enter His kingdom until you bow the knee to Him as God. What you are in is an unhappy vacuum trying to disprove His divinity.

You remind me godruls and Ktoyou, Totton.

They have sooooo much to say but never able to point out where it is written.

I know that this was written, Totton:

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Can you show where is written that I have to "bow the knee to Him as God"?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You remind me godruls and Ktoyou, Totton.

They have sooooo much to say but never able to point out where it is written.

I know that this was written, Totton:

Can you show where is written that I have to "bow the knee to Him as God"?
You honour me by associating my name with William and Kat.

But you do not KNOW Jesus Christ whom God has sent....your Jesus Christ is as different to the One I know as man is different to God.