Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gill White View Post
    I can't believe you said this.

(Luk 1:32) KJV He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(Luk 1:35) KJV And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

(Luk 1:35) GW The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God.

(Rom 5:19) Clearly, through one person's disobedience humanity became sinful, and through one person's obedience humanity will receive God's approval.
    The pagan fables peddlers have no time to read the scriptures, Gill.

Comment

• Jesus is the Geat trinitarian

He speaks of the Father and the Holy Ghost as seperate Persons to Himself and as each seperate to each other.
      One lavished upon in the Beloved
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick M View Post
        Jonn 1

The Word was with God and the Word was God, and the Word became flesh.

/thread
        Check this Trinitarian admission of guilt:

The reason our Bibles translate logos as word is that Jerome, a monk of the early fifth century, mistranslated it as verbum. http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=255. Jerome’s Vulgate, as it is called, became the official Bible of the Roman Catholic Church, and the texts Jerome used have become the mainstay of contemporary liberal versions. The Latin term Verbum became Word in English.

Now consider this:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)

Can you spot the Trinitarian forgery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
          Jesus is the Geat trinitarian
          I am not sure what "the Geat trinitarian" means.

Comment

• Jesus is identified with logos in Jn. and Rev. If you don't like English 'word', it still does not negate the truth that Jesus is logos (Gk.), with the Father, and God by nature.
            Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
            I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerzy View Post
              Check this Trinitarian admission of guilt:

The reason our Bibles translate logos as word is that Jerome, a monk of the early fifth century, mistranslated it as verbum. http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=255. Jerome’s Vulgate, as it is called, became the official Bible of the Roman Catholic Church, and the texts Jerome used have become the mainstay of contemporary liberal versions. The Latin term Verbum became Word in English.

Now consider this:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)

Can you spot the Trinitarian forgery?
              That Jesus is called the word of God is not in doubt regardless of Jerome but he did not mis~translate that He was with God and He was God and all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                Jesus is identified with logos in Jn. and Rev. If you don't like English 'word', it still does not negate the truth that Jesus is logos (Gk.), with the Father, and God by nature.
                luz.

You have seen the Trinitarian admission of guilt many times before, haven’t you?:

So what are you mumbling about?

The part of book of Revelation you are referring to speaks about this context:

Don't you get it yet, luz.

You were pointed to it many times before, weren't you luz?

Comment

That Jesus is called the word of God is not in doubt regardless of Jerome but he did not mis~translate that He was with God and He was God and all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.
                  Do yourself a favour, Totton.

Substitute Jesus for logos in Jn 1:1-3. See what you come up with.

Then substitute it with word knowing Isa 55:11 and Ac 10:36 among other verses. See what you come up with.

Now take a look at some of hundreds of fool proof texts like these:

Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Eze 34:23-24, Mic 5:2, Mt 6:9, 11:25, Jn 6:23, 6:44-45, 6:65, 14:6, 14:10, 17:3, 20:17, 20:31, Ac 2:22, 2:36, 3:21, 10:36, 17:31, Ro 1:7, 1Cor 1:3, 8:6, 2Co 1:2, 5:18+21, Eph 1:3, 2:18, Ga 1:1, 1:3, Col 1:1-3, 1:12-13, Php 1:2, 1Th 1:1-3, 2Th 1:1-2, 1Ti 1:1-2, 2:5, 2Ti 1:1-2, Ti 1:4, Phm 1:3-4, Heb 1:1-2, Jam 1:1, 1Pe 1:2-3, 2Pe 1:2, 1Jn 1:2-3, 2Jn 1:3, Jud 1:1, Re 1:1.

Now you see how simple God's word is.

You need to take a look at Ps 33:6+9, Heb 11:3 among others and then check the multiple meaning words which were rendered as if Jesus made the universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gill White View Post
                    Nick, when a person gets born again of God's spirit, the evidence of the Spirit's presence is given to each person and has been shown to us in His Word. We believe it, confess it, and renew our mind to it:

Act 2:4
                    (4) All the believers were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages as the Spirit gave them the ability to speak.

Act 4:30
                    (30) Show your power by healing, performing miracles, and doing amazing things through the power and the name of your holy servant Jesus."

Joh 17:17
                    (17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Speaking in tongues is an evidence of the Spirit's presence:

1Co 12:7-12
                    (7) The evidence of the Spirit's presence is given to each person for the common good of everyone.
                    (8) The Spirit gives one person the ability to speak with wisdom. The same Spirit gives another person the ability to speak with knowledge.
                    (9) To another person the same Spirit gives courageous faith. To another person the same Spirit gives the ability to heal.
                    (10) Another can work miracles. Another can speak what God has revealed. Another can tell the difference between spirits. Another can speak in different kinds of languages. Another can interpret languages.
                    (11) There is only one Spirit who does all these things by giving what God wants to give to each person.

God bless you
                    (12) For example, the body is one unit and yet has many parts. As all the parts form one body, so it is with Christ.

I praise and thank God, through the name of His servant Jesus, for giving us this wonderful gift, through His Son.
                    "Speaking in tongues is an evidence of the Spirit's presence:"-Gill White

Translation: The Lord Jesus Christ did not have "the Spirit." This explains why He did not speak in tongues.

Thanks for unpacking that for us.
                    Saint John W

Comment

• Originally posted by john w View Post
                      "Speaking in tongues is an evidence of the Spirit's presence:"-Gill White

Translation: The Lord Jesus Christ did not have "the Spirit." This explains why He did not speak in tongues.

Thanks for unpacking that for us.
                      But He did promise them to believers
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jerzy View Post
                        Do yourself a favour, Totton.

Substitute Jesus for logos in Jn 1:1-3. See what you come up with.

Then substitute it with word knowing Isa 55:11 and Ac 10:36 among other verses. See what you come up with.

Now take a look at some of hundreds of fool proof texts like these:

Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Eze 34:23-24, Mic 5:2, Mt 6:9, 11:25, Jn 6:23, 6:44-45, 6:65, 14:6, 14:10, 17:3, 20:17, 20:31, Ac 2:22, 2:36, 3:21, 10:36, 17:31, Ro 1:7, 1Cor 1:3, 8:6, 2Co 1:2, 5:18+21, Eph 1:3, 2:18, Ga 1:1, 1:3, Col 1:1-3, 1:12-13, Php 1:2, 1Th 1:1-3, 2Th 1:1-2, 1Ti 1:1-2, 2:5, 2Ti 1:1-2, Ti 1:4, Phm 1:3-4, Heb 1:1-2, Jam 1:1, 1Pe 1:2-3, 2Pe 1:2, 1Jn 1:2-3, 2Jn 1:3, Jud 1:1, Re 1:1.

Now you see how simple God's word is.

You need to take a look at Ps 33:6+9, Heb 11:3 among others and then check the multiple meaning words which were rendered as if Jesus made the universe.
                        /
                        I have told you that you have no understanding of scripture...none of these discount the scriptures that declare Jesus to be God in he flesh.

And there are old and new testament scriptures that declare Him to be God....you are studying only with your natural mind, that is not good enough to understand scripture.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                          krsto: using your logic, worshipping false, pagan gods is on par with worshipping the true God because it is gnosticism to expect any knowledge about God as being essential to faith in Him? Paul warned about false gospels and false christs, but you blur the distinction between true and false. It is not gnosticism to understand Jesus' claims about Himself. It is cultic to take Jn. 8:58 and translate it 'I have been' like the JW does to remove the Jehovahistic implications of His claims that were understood by the Jews (hence blasphemy accusation).

Jerzy; instead of interpreting Jn. 17:3 in light of Jn. 1:1, you must negate Jn. 1:1; Jn. 20:28 to avoid undermining your wrong view. JWs do the exact same thing, without warrant.

A sound Christology is not optional if we are to distinguish trusting a fake vs true God.

For Paul, confessing Jesus as Lord is to confess Him as Lord God, not mere sir or lesser lord (He is superlative Lord of lords and King of kings, Alpha and Omega, titles of Deity alone). For John, Son of God is a statement of equality with the Father due to same nature.

We can define things and make our own idol by having generic god, generic jesus, generic lord, generic son of god OR we can do our homework and find out what the original author understood as intended by the Spirit who inspired these things.

There is a difference between sound scholarship and the stuff running around on this forum by deniers of essential Christian truth (showing they do not have the illumination of the Spirit).

keypurr, jerzy, krsto, pierac are in the JW boat, though not in the WT organization. The Deity of Christ and triune understanding is biblically defensible, so don't be deceived by their vapid arguments.
                          "using your logic...you blur the distinction between true and false...like the JW... what the original author understood as intended by the Spirit who inspired these things.... in the JW boat... is biblically defensible,.." -"god'blewit

Spam cliche he uses on every 3rd post. Do members of the boc, which excludes you, a favor-stay out of the debate. You are not qualified. We can defend our(emphasis mine)doctrine, w/o your man worhipping, secular humanist spam, which you obtained from your stack of commentaries, clown.

And get saved.
                          Saint John W

Comment

/
                            I have told you that you have no understanding of scripture...none of these discount the scriptures that declare Jesus to be God in he flesh.

And there are old and new testament scriptures that declare Him to be God....you are studying only with your natural mind, that is not good enough to understand scripture.
                            Ah the old "my mind is spiritual, yours is natural" ad hominem.
                            Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
                            Uncertain salvation.
                            Luck of the draw.
                            Irresistible damnation.
                            Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by Krsto View Post
                              Ah the old "my mind is spiritual, yours is natural" ad hominem.
                              My mind is as natural as yours but neither you or I will understand the scripture with our natural minds...you are in active opposition to the Holy Spirit whose mission in this age is to exalt the Lord Jesus...how then will He teach you?
                              sigpic

Comment

But He did promise them to believers
                                Even if that presumption/asssertion is true, that is not Gill White's "argument." Pay attention.
                                Saint John W

Comment

Working...
                                X