ECT Our triune God

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We don’t need your un-natural mind’s help, Totton. Just acknowledge this or explain why your un-natural mind rejects it:

Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Eze 34:23-24, Mic 5:2, Mt 6:9, 11:25, Jn 6:23, 6:44-45, 6:65, 14:6, 14:10, 17:3, 20:17, 20:31, Ac 2:22, 2:36, 3:21, 10:36, 17:31, Ro 1:7, 1Cor 1:3, 8:6, 2Co 1:2, 5:18+21, Eph 1:3, 2:18, Ga 1:1, 1:3, Col 1:1-3, 1:12-13, Php 1:2, 1Th 1:1-3, 2Th 1:1-2, 1Ti 1:1-2, 2:5, 2Ti 1:1-2, Ti 1:4, Phm 1:3-4, Heb 1:1-2, Jam 1:1, 1Pe 1:2-3, 2Pe 1:2, 1Jn 1:2-3, 2Jn 1:3, Jud 1:1, Re 1:1.

The bible says it was Christ speaking through Isaiah and Ezekiel, Jesus said "before Abraham was I am"

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
You honour me by associating my name with William and Kat.

But you do not KNOW Jesus Christ whom God has sent....your Jesus Christ is as different to the One I know as man is different to God.

I am just waiting when you stop your vain polemics and begin talking from the written word of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am just waiting when you stop your vain polemics and begin talking from the written word of God.

But you have no understanding of Scripture, my first duty is to present to you Jesus and show you that He is God. You will never enter His kingdom unless you bow the knee to Him

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
But you have no understanding of Scripture, my first duty is to present to you Jesus and show you that He is God. You will never enter His kingdom unless you bow the knee to Him

Show it written or just don't bother me with your nonsense vain talking.

graceandpeace

Jerzy:

Isa 43:10 Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 43:11 I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Isa 43:12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when [there was] no strange [god] among you: therefore ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I [am] God.

1 Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

This is speaking of God, as NOT in the flesh. Some texts speak of God as IN the flesh..Jesus.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Show it written or just don't bother me with your nonsense vain talking.
When people show it to you written you parrot a hundred Scriptures that do not say specifically that He is God in the flesh and claim foolishly that they therefore deny the ones that do.

This is how we know that you do not understand scripture. You are of those endlessly learning but are unable to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Krsto

The only life Christ has to impart is divine life, that is why Rlz rightly says it is a salvic issue. You will never enter His kingdom until you bow the knee to Him as God. What you are in is an unhappy vacuum trying to disprove His divinity.

Do you acknowledge that the scriptures aren't black and white enough for everybody to come to the same studied theological conclusions about much of anything other than the fact Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead? Do you recognize there are reasons, even if you don't accept the reasons, why people come to a different conclusion than you do? Is God really going to judge us all based on your interpretation of the Word as if that is the only possible way anyone could ever interpret the Word? Why is it you might allow differences of opinion regarding the role of works and faith or church polity, or eschatology, but not regarding the nature of God and Christ which the church has been wrestling with for millenia?

john w

Hall of Fame
Would you like to consider Eze 34:23-24 or Php 2:11?

To the glory of God the Father.

What about this:

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The old reliable bait n switch.

Would you like to consider, as asked...?

“Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?” Exodus 17:2

“Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.” 1 Corinthians 10:9

Thus, Exodus says “the people” tempted whom? The LORD. And the scriptures in 1 Cor., referring to the same OT history of “children of Israel”(Exodus 17:1), says they tempted Christ. Christ is the LORD God.

No, I don't think you would-punt.

End of thread.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Jerzy:

Isa 43:10 Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

No beginning no end.

This clearly excludes Jesus:

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Isa 43:11 I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Isa 43:12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when [there was] no strange [god] among you: therefore ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I [am] God.

The Father declares that He is the only true God.

1 Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Jesus will show that all what the Father the only true God foretold He fulfilled:

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

This clearly excludes Jesus on two counts:

- Because he was dead.
- Because he was seen by many.

This is speaking of God, as NOT in the flesh. Some texts speak of God as IN the flesh..Jesus.

Jesus is still in flesh:

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
When people show it to you written you parrot a hundred Scriptures that do not say specifically that He is God in the flesh and claim foolishly that they therefore deny the ones that do.

This is how we know that you do not understand scripture. You are of those endlessly learning but are unable to come to a knowledge of the truth.

I wated to quote Paul for you but you have just done it.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
The old reliable bait n switch.

John.

You might be good in “bait n switch” but we should be talking here from God’s word.

Would you like to consider, as asked...?

“Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?” Exodus 17:2

“Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.” 1 Corinthians 10:9

Thus, Exodus says “the people” tempted whom? The LORD. And the scriptures in 1 Cor., referring to the same OT history of “children of Israel”(Exodus 17:1), says they tempted Christ. Christ is the LORD God.

Do you think that Eve was God because she was tempted by a serpent?

1Cor 10:9 says that some tempted. You allude that they tempted Christ.

You have forgotten about the angel of God whom Israel had to obey:

Exo 23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

How much more one has to obey the anointed of the Father the only true God?

john w

Hall of Fame
John.

You might be good in “bait n switch” but we should be talking here from God’s word.

Do you think that Eve was God because she was tempted by a serpent?

You missed it, and, as usual, punted:

Read it-"some of them also tempted"-they tempted "the LORD," who Paul identifies as "Christ."

End of thread.

john w

Hall of Fame
“And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.” Is. 12:1-3

“Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.” Jer. 2:12-13

O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.” Jer. 17:13

“Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. : John 4:5-15

“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)” John 7:37-39

The LORD God is the fountain. The Lord Jesus Christ is the fountain, as the scripture hath said...."

john w

Hall of Fame
“For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:” Isaiah 28:10

“Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.” Ecclesiastes 12:7

“Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.” Psalms 31:5

“And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit..” Acts 7:59

The LORD God receives our spirit. The Lord Jesus Christ received Stephen's spirit.

“I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.” Jer. 17:10

“But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause.” Jer. 20:12

“And the LORD said… And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee,… Therefore now, LORD God of Israel,… And now, O God of Israel… But will God indeed dwell on the earth?... Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God,…. Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)” 1 Kings 8: 18, 23, 25,26, 27, 28, 39

“And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.” John 2:25

Notice that only the LORD God knows the hearts of men. The Lord Jesus Christ knows the hearts of men.

End of thread again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkM0NT4YMlo

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
You missed it, and, as usual, punted:

Read it-"some of them also tempted"-they tempted "the LORD," who Paul identifies as "Christ."

End of thread.

You rude erudition is noted.

1Cor 10:9 says that some tempted. You allude that they tempted Christ.

You have forgotten about the angel of God whom Israel had to obey:

Exo 23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

How much more one has to obey the anointed of the Father the only true God?

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
John

One wonders who He who made Jesus Lord and Christ is.

Why He had to make the “Almighty God the Father” Lord and anoint him?

It is a silly attempt to infer the mistakes of the NT back into the OT instead of getting to know God from the OT first.

One has to note that if a king sends a general to concur a country the king gets the glory not the general.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Do you acknowledge that the scriptures aren't black and white enough for everybody to come to the same studied theological conclusions about much of anything other than the fact Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead? Do you recognize there are reasons, even if you don't accept the reasons, why people come to a different conclusion than you do? Is God really going to judge us all based on your interpretation of the Word as if that is the only possible way anyone could ever interpret the Word? Why is it you might allow differences of opinion regarding the role of works and faith or church polity, or eschatology, but not regarding the nature of God and Christ which the church has been wrestling with for millenia?
Grlz has rightly pointed out that there are differences of opinions and very wide ones [that is plain to see in the church] but there are foundation truths essential to salvation. that Christ is very God is a foundation truth.

Those that dispute the trinity are one thing but those who deny Christ's divinity another. Moreover they show themselves incapable of understanding the scriptures, that must be the case because they are fighting against the One who IS the very word of God.

Like all cultists they have climbed into the sheepfold in some other way than through the door. No wonder the sheep treat them with the utmost suspicion....their language is somewhat different to the Jerusalem brogue we know and love.

We will worship our Lord as God.