ROMANS 5:1 JUSTIFIED BY FAITH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus says to drink and eat him. We have to eat and drink every day.
    No such thing as obeying not having to do with salvation.
    If you could only see yourself as others see you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

If you could only see yourself as others see you!
      I live my life through Jesus and only care how God sees me.
      Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Comment

I live my life through Jesus and only care how God sees me.
        God sees that you don't believe that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

God sees that you don't believe that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe.
          We have to believe what Jesus teaches.

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

I love it! Jesus' words are true for everyone forever!
          He tells us how to make a heart that he will live in.

Comment

• Due to this forum I have endeavored to open my heart to what justification by faith means. If I was not born again before, I may have been helped by this discussion to be born again now. The blood of Christ and the Word are indeed incorruptible and eternal. I believe that those who truly, deeply believe will have eternal life.

But I would still like to know something more about what others believe regarding the following questions. Can one know whether others are born again and whether oneself has been born again? And if one can know, HOW does one know? The Epistles state that those who are born again true believers show by holiness and their actions that they have believed and have eternal life. A belief in other ways of knowing would arguably open the door to an antinomianism apparently rejected by Luther and many denominations.

There is quite a bit at stake here.

Also, I would like to know what others believe one has to profess and accept to have eternal life. To accept Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior is clear--but different denominations obviously have different ideas about essential truths and different doctrines, even though they all believe in being saved and justification by faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by thborn View Post
              Due to this forum I have endeavored to open my heart to what justification by faith means. If I was not born again before, I may have been helped by this discussion to be born again now. The blood of Christ and the Word are indeed incorruptible and eternal. I believe that those who truly, deeply believe will have eternal life.

But I would still like to know something more about what others believe regarding the following questions. Can one know whether others are born again and whether oneself has been born again? And if one can know, HOW does one know? The Epistles state that those who are born again true believers show by holiness and their actions that they have believed and have eternal life. A belief in other ways of knowing would arguably open the door to an antinomianism apparently rejected by Luther and many denominations.

Also, I would like to know what others believe one has to profess and accept to have eternal life. To accept Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior is clear--but different denominations obviously have different ideas about essential truths and different doctrines, even though they all believe in being saved and justification by faith.
              Do you want some man's truth like Luther or Calvin, etc, or do you want God's Truth?

If you want God's Truth, then get Jesus' teachings in the New Testament and start doing what he says.

Jesus starts our teaching us to repent of our sins and to believe in him.

I have a powerful testimony of when I was saved.

After I was saved, I wanted to help others to have a powerful testimony too.

Comment

...I wanted to help others to have a powerful testimony....
                Why?
                "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

Due to this forum I have endeavored to open my heart to what justification by faith means. If I was not born again before, I may have been helped by this discussion to be born again now. The blood of Christ and the Word are indeed incorruptible and eternal. I believe that those who truly, deeply believe will have eternal life.

This is the gospel by which we are saved. We know we have eternal life because of the free gift of righteousness given us by his imputed righteousness ; by what Christ has done to freely save us; we simply believe the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                    Why?
                    That is really quite a profound question.
                    I want to help others know Jesus better out of love.
                    Last edited by God's Truth; November 17th, 2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DougE;n2726461]

This is the gospel by which we are saved. We know we have eternal life because of the free gift of righteousness given us by his imputed righteousness ; by what Christ has done to freely save us; we simply believe the gospel.

[QUOTE=DougE;n2726461]

True!

Originally posted by DougE View Post

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

All absolutely true!

I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, that faith in Jesus is the only way to be justified, and that we do not save ourselves. I believe in the Gospel, the whole Gospel, and everything that can be irrefutably taught through the Gospel, with the guidance of the Spirit, of course.

People who truly believe all this are true Christians. People who believe all these things are thus justified and members of the true church.

I suspect there are some points in your post that some denominations or groups make (outside of the Bible or as a certain interpretation) which we do not agree on.

Does God judge someone based on the exact way they determine the word "believe" based on the combination of common sense and scholarly knowledge they have?

Couldn't it be that there are some who think they are saved based on an interpretation that says they just have to think to themselves and say to others that they believe these truths when in their hearts they do not believe and are not justified? Obviosuly, there is truly believing and not truly believing, which I am sure you agree on.

Comment

• To be clear... I believe that at the time when someone believes, that person is justified.

Comment

To be clear... I believe that at the time when someone believes, that person is justified.
                          Do you believe that a person has to confess too, and call on the Lord?

Comment

• [QUOTE=thborn;n2726713][QUOTE=DougE;n2726461]

[SIZE=14px]This is the gospel by which we are saved. We know we have eternal life because of the free gift of righteousness given us by his imputed righteousness ; by what Christ has done to freely save us; we simply believe the gospel.

True!

All absolutely true!

I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, that faith in Jesus is the only way to be justified, and that we do not save ourselves. I believe in the Gospel, the whole Gospel, and everything that can be irrefutably taught through the Gospel, with the guidance of the Spirit, of course.

People who truly believe all this are true Christians. People who believe all these things are thus justified and members of the true church.

I suspect there are some points in your post that some denominations or groups make (outside of the Bible or as a certain interpretation) which we do not agree on.

Does God judge someone based on the exact way they determine the word "believe" based on the combination of common sense and scholarly knowledge they have?

Couldn't it be that there are some who think they are saved based on an interpretation that says they just have to think to themselves and say to others that they believe these truths when in their hearts they do not believe and are not justified? Obviosuly, there is truly believing and not truly believing, which I am sure you agree on.

To believe you just have to be persuaded it's true. It's not how much we believe that saves us, Christ Jesus saves us.

Comment

Do you believe that a person has to confess too, and call on the Lord?
                              No, Confession was for Israel
                              We are simply to believe the gospel.
                              I will be posting soon on this

Comment

• Originally posted by DougE View Post

No, Confession was for Israel
                                We are simply to believe the gospel.
                                I will be posting soon on this
                                No such thing as no one but the Jews having to repent of their sins. Christ is not divided.

1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided?

Even Paul preached to the JEWS in JUDEA and JERUSALEM, and to the GREEKS, and to the GENTILES that they are to repent and have faith.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X