Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God's Truth
    replied
    Jesus did not teach the old law, he taught the new law for the new covenant.

Jesus taught to have faith in him.

He taught that we have to go through him to get to the Father.

Those things are not the old law.

The old law was proclaimed until John the baptizer.

The new law is that Jesus would be the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. That is not the old law.

Jesus taught no more eye for eye and tooth for tooth.

He taught against the divorces that were allowed in the old law.

He said he would give the saved the Holy Spirit.

He taught that he forgives sins.

Jesus taught the new law.

Leave a comment:

• popsthebuilder1
    replied
    Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    You couldn't have put them in order?

Taking verses out of their context is one thing, but randomizing their order?

It's no wonder you can't understand the Bible properly, because to you it's just a mishmash of verses.

But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. - Romans 7:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Nope.

No "law of the Spirit."

who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Nope.

No "law of the Spirit."

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

Nope.

No "law of the Spirit" there, either.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. - Romans 3:27-28 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

Nope. No "law of the Spirit."

And just like Romans 8:2, "law of faith" is a figure of speech.

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord.But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord . For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” - Jeremiah 31:31-34 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

No "law of the Spirit."

This is speaking of the covenant God will make with Israel, the people of, you guessed it, the law.

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. - James 1:25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

No "law of the Spirit."

And in fact, maybe you should read the first verse in James:

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. - James 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

Yup. That's right. ISRAEL.

Not the "law of the Spirit."
    Every verse I referenced speaks about the law of GOD written on the hearts and minds of the believer.

You seem to simply choose the continually sin. You are free to do so; but don't think you won't be judged according to your word and deed.

And I didnt randomize anything. I searched Spirit of the law and posted clear references about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    Originally posted by popsthebuilder1 View Post
    Care for the scripture?
    You couldn't have put them in order?

Taking verses out of their context is one thing, but randomizing their order?

It's no wonder you can't understand the Bible properly, because to you it's just a mishmash of verses.

Romans 7:6
    But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. - Romans 7:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Nope.

No "law of the Spirit."

2 Corinthians 3:6
    who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Nope.

No "law of the Spirit."

Romans 3: 31
    Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

Nope.

No "law of the Spirit" there, either.

Romans 3: 27
    Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. - Romans 3:27-28 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

Nope. No "law of the Spirit."

And just like Romans 8:2, "law of faith" is a figure of speech.

Jeremiah 31: 31-34
    “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord.But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord . For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” - Jeremiah 31:31-34 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

No "law of the Spirit."

This is speaking of the covenant God will make with Israel, the people of, you guessed it, the law.

James 1: 25
    But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. - James 1:25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

No "law of the Spirit."

And in fact, maybe you should read the first verse in James:

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. - James 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

Yup. That's right. ISRAEL.

What is circumcision of the heart to you?
    Not the "law of the Spirit."

Leave a comment:

• popsthebuilder1
    replied
    There is no such thing.
    Care for the scripture?

Romans 7:6

2 Corinthians 3:6

Romans 3: 31

Romans 3: 27

Jeremiah 31: 31-34

James 1: 25

What is circumcision of the heart to you?

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    There is no such thing.
    And NO, Romans 8:2 is a figure of speech.

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    Originally posted by popsthebuilder1 View Post
    What about the Law of the SPIRIT?

There is no such thing.

Leave a comment:

• popsthebuilder1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cntrysner View Post
    Grace and law coexisted or none could be saved and Jesus did not have to say the word grace because he embodied grace for all to see. You can't nullify the existence or the display of God's grace under the law. It is far better to display a truth than speak a word.

Jesus was the Word of grace!

Edit..
    Jesus did condemn with the law and did not say it was for eternal security from the law. Jesus died to remove the law!
    What about the Law of the SPIRIT?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    That is why the evidence provided by the acts of believers is so important.

Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Are you speaking of the evidence provided by the acts of believers is referring to preaching the gospel?

Do you not think that the gospel provides its own evidence that it is true?

Leave a comment:

• Cntrysner
    replied
    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    Because He didn't "teach it"... He taught the law. (eg. Matt 23:1-3)
    Grace and law coexisted or none could be saved and Jesus did not have to say the word grace because he embodied grace for all to see. You can't nullify the existence or the display of God's grace under the law. It is far better to display a truth than speak a word.

Jesus was the Word of grace!

Edit..
    Jesus did condemn with the law and did not say it was for eternal security from the law. Jesus died to remove the law!

Leave a comment:

• Cntrysner
    replied
    Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Not at all.
    If you think I am mistaken, you really don't know the Bible.
    Who taught you such? If you sin do you have to be re-baptized as some did or is it that you are sinless? If you think of sinning and slip at anytime concerning sin do you need to be re-baptized for remission of sin?

Leave a comment:

• genuineoriginal
    replied
    You are sadly mistaken about the most important message
    Not at all.
    If you think I am mistaken, you really don't know the Bible.

Leave a comment:

• TrevorL
    replied
    Greetings Right Divider and Cntrysner,
    If the Lord Jesus Christ was preaching grace, He would have used the word.
    Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
    That is NOT Jesus speaking.
    ....but Jesus was the Word and embodiment of grace.
    That is irrelevant to the point that I made. Jesus never preached grace during His earthly ministry.... period.
    So, why is it important to you that he did not say the word grace when he taught it and displayed it for all to see?
    I was interested in the above discussion and would like to endorse what Cntrysner has stated. Jesus did not “preach grace”, he revealed grace and was the very embodiment of grace as John 1:17 quoted above clearly states. Even the different verbs “given” “the law was given by Moses” and “came” “but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ” show the weight of this embodiment of grace in Jesus. I am not an English or Greek scholar, but “was given” seems to be a past event seeming to possibly fade into the distant past, while “came” seems to be present, continuous and relevant.

Yes, there is a development between the preaching and teaching during the ministry of Jesus and the preaching by Peter, Philip and Paul after the death and the resurrection of Jesus:
    Luke 8:1 (KJV): And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
    Acts 8:5–6,12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

What has developed is that Jesus revealed “grace and truth” and salvation was now revealed to be in and through the Name of Jesus Christ, and this includes belief in the death and resurrection of Christ and baptism by water into His Name. The “things concerning the Kingdom of God” has not changed from Luke 8:1 to Acts 8:12, but possibly Jesus added more details when he spoke to the Apostles after the resurrection. Jesus was not teaching them a different gospel.
    Acts 1:3 (KJV): To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Kind regards
    Trevor

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    So, why is it important to you that he did not say the word grace when he taught it and displayed it for all to see?

Leave a comment:

• Cntrysner
    replied
    That is irrelevant to the point that I made. Jesus never preached grace during His earthly ministry.... period.

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    ....but Jesus was the Word and embodiment of grace.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X