Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 JOHN 2:2 THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    The Israel of God that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17 is composed of a remnant of all humanity:

    God's Elect, Christ's Sheep, The Body of Christ; consisting of both jew and Gentile !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by DougE View Post
      I am confused....so are you saying the church of God is the body of Christ?
      Yes they're the same.

      In 1 Cor 1 the Body of Christ is called the Church of God 1 Cor 1:1-2

      Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

      2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
      And they are called the Body of Christ in 1 Cor 12:27

      Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

      Charles Spurgeon !

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Nanja View Post
        The Israel of God that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17 is composed of a remnant of all humanity:

        God's Elect, Christ's Sheep, The Body of Christ; consisting of both jew and Gentile !
        Complete nonsense based on myth and not scripture.
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

        1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

        Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
          Yes they're the same.

          In 1 Cor 1 the Body of Christ is called the Church of God 1 Cor 1:1-2

          Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

          2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
          And they are called the Body of Christ in 1 Cor 12:27

          Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
          Look at 1 Corinthians 1:2 and notice it says "both their"s and our's" ......Paul is addressing two groups....who do you think they are?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by DougE View Post
            Look at 1 Corinthians 1:2 and notice it says "both their"s and our's" ......Paul is addressing two groups....who do you think they are?
            It tells you in the verse, Hes writing to the Church of God locally in Corinth and other members of the Body of Christ in other places.
            "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
            preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
            called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
            a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

            Charles Spurgeon !

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Nanja View Post
              The Israel of God that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17 is composed of a remnant of all humanity:

              God's Elect, Christ's Sheep, The Body of Christ; consisting of both jew and Gentile !
              Exactly Sister !
              "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
              preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
              called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
              a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

              Charles Spurgeon !

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                It tells you in the verse, Hes writing to the Church of God locally in Corinth and other members of the Body of Christ in other places.
                Good point

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                  It tells you in the verse, Hes writing to the Church of God locally in Corinth and other members of the Body of Christ in other places.
                  You very well may be right.....I was thinking the church of God could be comprised of those in Christ before Paul (the believing remnant of Jews) and those in the body of Christ .....this is based on 1 Corinthians 1:12 in which some may have believed the gospel of the kingdom preached by Christ and Cephas and therefore said they were of them.....not being dogmatic on this

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X