Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man being made in the Image of God necessitated his sin.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man being made in the Image of God necessitated his sin.

    Gen 1:26-27

    26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

    27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

    Now let begin by saying that the Image and Likeness of God is Spiritual and not natural, yet Adam in his initial creation wasnt spiritual but natural 1 Cor 15:46-49


    46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

    47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

    48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

    49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

    The word natural psuchikos:

    natural, of the soul or mind
    Usage: animal, natural, sensuous.

    psyxikós (an adjective, derived from 5590 /psyxḗ, "soul, natural identity") – properly, soulish, i.e. what is natural, as it relates to physical(tangible) life alone (i.e. apart from God's inworking of faith).

    /psyxikós ("natural") typically describes the natural ("lower") aspect of humanity, i.e. behavior that is "more of earth (carnality) than heaven." 5591 (psyxikós) then sometimes stands in contrast to 4152/pneumatikós ("spiritual") – the higher, spiritual aspect of humanity that develops through faith (4102 /pístis).

    See
    https://biblehub.com/greek/5591.htm

    Gods purpose in making man originally in the Image of God was in His Purpose to conform him to the Image of Christ Rom 8:29-30


    29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

    His Son is Preeminently the Image of God Spiritually ! 2 Cor 4:4

    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

    Col 1:14-15


    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

    15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

    Heb 1:2-3


    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;


    3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

    So we shouldn't understand Man being made in the Image and Likeness of God apart from Jesus Christ !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  • #2
    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    Gen 1:26-27

    26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

    27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

    Now let begin by saying that the Image and Likeness of God is Spiritual and not natural, yet Adam in his initial creation wasnt spiritual but natural 1 Cor 15:46-49


    46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

    47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

    48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

    49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

    The word natural psuchikos:

    natural, of the soul or mind
    Usage: animal, natural, sensuous.

    psyxikós (an adjective, derived from 5590 /psyxḗ, "soul, natural identity") – properly, soulish, i.e. what is natural, as it relates to physical(tangible) life alone (i.e. apart from God's inworking of faith).

    /psyxikós ("natural") typically describes the natural ("lower") aspect of humanity, i.e. behavior that is "more of earth (carnality) than heaven." 5591 (psyxikós) then sometimes stands in contrast to 4152/pneumatikós ("spiritual") – the higher, spiritual aspect of humanity that develops through faith (4102 /pístis).

    See
    https://biblehub.com/greek/5591.htm

    Gods purpose in making man originally in the Image of God was in His Purpose to conform him to the Image of Christ Rom 8:29-30


    29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

    His Son is Preeminently the Image of God Spiritually ! 2 Cor 4:4

    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

    Col 1:14-15


    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

    15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

    Heb 1:2-3


    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;


    3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

    So we shouldn't understand Man being made in the Image and Likeness of God apart from Jesus Christ !

    Amen Brother ! Those whom the Father had Chosen In Union with Christ [His Church] to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7 before the foundation, are the same ones exclusively that were made in the Image and Likeness God, and which shall be conformed to the Image of Christ, who is the Image of the invisible God Col. 1:15, because God absolutely predestinated them to it Rom. 8:29 !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nanja View Post
      Amen Brother ! Those whom the Father had Chosen In Union with Christ [His Church] to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7 before the foundation, are the same ones exclusively that were made in the Image and Likeness God, and which shall be conformed to the Image of Christ, who is the Image of the invisible God Col. 1:15, because God absolutely predestinated them to it Rom. 8:29 !
      Amen Sister, very few can see this in scripture !
      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

      Charles Spurgeon !

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
        Amen Sister, very few can see this in scripture !
        Amen, I Praise God for that, Brother !
        My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
        when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

        Comment


        • #5
          Man in Adam being made in the Image and Likeness of God necessitated his need to sin, and be born again by the Spirit and by the Spirit be conformed to the Image of Christ who is the Image of God. See being made in the Image and Likeness of God wasn't fulfilled outside of Christ, and it wasn't fulfilled in man naturally in adam who was contrasted to to that which was Spiritual and Heavenly 1 Cor 15:46-47

          46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

          47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

          48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

          49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

          Now its when we bear the image of the heavenly when it fulfills the great design of Gen 1:26-27


          26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

          27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

          See it was the Spirits work to change man into the Glorious Image of God in Christ 2 Cor 3:18

          18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

          "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
          preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
          called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
          a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

          Charles Spurgeon !

          Comment


          • #6
            Greetings beloved57,
            Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
            Man being made in the Image of God necessitated his sin.
            The title of your thread is an incorrect statement. Adam when created had the potential to be obedient or to sin. He chose to sin. Sin was not inevitable.
            Gen 1:26-27: 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
            27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
            Now let begin by saying that the Image and Likeness of God is Spiritual and not natural, yet Adam in his initial creation wasnt spiritual but natural 1 Cor 15:46-49
            You are introducing incorrect logic here, as Genesis 1:26-27 clearly states that Adam was made in the image and after the likeness of God. Your definition that “the image and likeness of God is Spiritual and not natural” has the appearance of truth, but denies what is actually stated in Genesis 1:26-27.
            So we shouldn't understand Man being made in the Image and Likeness of God apart from Jesus Christ !
            There is an element of truth in this also, but misses out on the real sequence. Adam in the creation was made in the image and after the likeness of God Genesis 1:26-27.

            Kind regards
            Trevor

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
              Man in Adam being made in the Image and Likeness of God necessitated his need to sin, and be born again by the Spirit and by the Spirit be conformed to the Image of Christ who is the Image of God. See being made in the Image and Likeness of God wasn't fulfilled outside of Christ, and it wasn't fulfilled in man naturally in adam who was contrasted to to that which was Spiritual and Heavenly 1 Cor 15:46-47

              46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

              47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

              48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

              49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

              Now its when we bear the image of the heavenly when it fulfills the great design of Gen 1:26-27


              26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

              27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

              See it was the Spirits work to change man into the Glorious Image of God in Christ 2 Cor 3:18

              18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.


              Amen, bearing the Image of God 1 Cor. 15:49 was never intended to be found in the natural man, but is only realized by the Spirit's Work in the New Creation or the New Man, which is the fulfillment and evidence of one having been Created in the Image of God and Gen. 1:26-27, Chosen in Christ and predestinated Eph. 1:4-5 to be conformed to His Image Rom. 8:29; which Image is only realized in the New Birth / Born of the Spirit, or the New Creation 2 Cor. 3:18.

              Eph. 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
              My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
              when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nanja View Post
                Amen, bearing the Image of God 1 Cor. 15:49 was never intended to be found in the natural man, but is only realized by the Spirit's Work in the New Creation or the New Man, which is the fulfillment and evidence of one having been Created in the Image of God and Gen. 1:26-27, Chosen in Christ and predestinated Eph. 1:4-5 to be conformed to His Image Rom. 8:29; which Image is only realized in the New Birth / Born of the Spirit, or the New Creation 2 Cor. 3:18.

                Eph. 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
                I knew you would understand this truth my Sister. May God Bless you-
                "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                Charles Spurgeon !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TrevorL View Post
                  Greetings beloved57, The title of your thread is an incorrect statement. Adam when created had the potential to be obedient or to sin. He chose to sin. Sin was not inevitable.
                  You are introducing incorrect logic here, as Genesis 1:26-27 clearly states that Adam was made in the image and after the likeness of God. Your definition that “the image and likeness of God is Spiritual and not natural” has the appearance of truth, but denies what is actually stated in Genesis 1:26-27.
                  There is an element of truth in this also, but misses out on the real sequence. Adam in the creation was made in the image and after the likeness of God Genesis 1:26-27.

                  Kind regards
                  Trevor
                  Then you are leaving Christ out!

                  Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
                  "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                  preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                  called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                  a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                  Charles Spurgeon !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Greetings again beloved57,
                    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                    Then you are leaving Christ out!
                    No, Jesus is mentioned in Genesis 3:15 as a result of Adam's sin. He would be the seed of Eve who would overcome sin and all its effects. He was also the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. God's foreknowledge of Adam's sin in no way contributed to Adam's sin. Adam had a free choice. He chose to sin. Sin was not inevitable.

                    Kind regards
                    Trevor

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TrevorL View Post
                      Greetings again beloved57,No, Jesus is mentioned in Genesis 3:15 as a result of Adam's sin. He would be the seed of Eve who would overcome sin and all its effects. He was also the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. God's foreknowledge of Adam's sin in no way contributed to Adam's sin. Adam had a free choice. He chose to sin. Sin was not inevitable.

                      Kind regards
                      Trevor
                      That's not what im talking about. So again you omitted Jesus Christ

                      Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
                      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                      Charles Spurgeon !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                        I knew you would understand this truth my Sister. May God Bless you-

                        TY very much, and may God Bless you too my Brother.
                        My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
                        when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I believe Adam and Eve had freedom of choice. They could not resist the temptation of the serpent. "...you shall be as gods..."(Gen. 3:5). Same temptation out in the world today.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
                            I believe Adam and Eve had freedom of choice. They could not resist the temptation of the serpent. "...you shall be as gods..."(Gen. 3:5). Same temptation out in the world today.
                            I'm not Christian, and I don't like the idea of Original Sin. To say that Original Sin was inevitable is a horrible statement. What kind of God sets that up?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chair View Post
                              I'm not Christian, and I don't like the idea of Original Sin. To say that Original Sin was inevitable is a horrible statement. What kind of God sets that up?
                              One you know nothing of because he brought you forth as an atheist. Not through any choice of your own, but by His sovereign will.
                              I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                              "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                              I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                              A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                              If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                              Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                              I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X