Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    Ok. That was the body of Christ.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Comment


    • #32
      According to Jesus words here can a man by his own freewill ability come to Christ ? Jn 6:65

      65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

      Charles Spurgeon !

      Comment


      • #33
        John 3:16 New Living Translation (NLT)
        16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave[a] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

        Jim Elliot

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
          According to Jesus words here can a man by his own freewill ability come to Christ ? Jn 6:65

          65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

          Jesus said he cannot John 6:65 !

          A man's own will is not free from the predetermined counsel of God Is. 46:10.

          Therefore, the choices he makes in time have already been determined by God to be made according to His Will: according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph. 3:11.

          Dan. 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
          My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
          when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Nanja View Post
            Jesus said he cannot John 6:65 !

            A man's own will is not free from the predetermined counsel of God Is. 46:10.

            Therefore, the choices he makes in time have already been determined by God to be made according to His Will: according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph. 3:11.

            Dan. 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
            Amen Excellent speech !
            "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
            preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
            called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
            a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

            Charles Spurgeon !

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
              John 3:16 New Living Translation (NLT)
              16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave[a] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
              Evasion and Rabbit trail. According to Jesus words here can a man by his own freewill ability come to Christ ? Jn 6:65

              65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
              "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
              preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
              called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
              a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

              Charles Spurgeon !

              Comment


              • #37
                Man by nature cant by his own freewill ability come to Christ because all men by nature are spiritually dead in [in the sphere of] trespasses and sins. Speaking of Gods elect Paul writes of them by nature Eph 2:1-3

                And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

                2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

                3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

                The word dead here nekros means:

                adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse.

                The lifeless here by nature is lifeless spiritually. Spiritually to God and things of God man naturally is liken to a dead lifeless corpse.

                Jesus used this same word here Matt 8:22

                But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

                Now the dead was to bury the dead. The Spiritually dead person was to bury the physically dead person. Yet the Spiritually dead person wasnt dead physically was he ? Did you know that one can be dead, lifeless and yet be physically live and active ?

                Now in order for a man to come to Christ he must first have life, no not physical life but spiritual life which not even the elect have by nature.
                "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                Charles Spurgeon !

                Comment


                • #38
                  The man or women who comes to Christ, doesn't come by their own freewill ability, because naturally man is spiritually dead and without any spiritual life and ability. However when the Father draws one to Christ, He begins by giving them life, spiritual life. The drawing indicates life has been given.

                  See coming denotes motion and motion denotes living'

                  The word draw denotes to impel to impart motion to, which motion is life, spiritual life
                  Last edited by beloved57; June 21st, 2019, 10:31 AM.
                  "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                  preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                  called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                  a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                  Charles Spurgeon !

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    In order for man to come to Christ he must be given motion, life, this comes by quickening. All who come to Christ have been quickened out of a dead spiritual state. Eph 2:1

                    And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

                    In the original the word quickened isnt there, its derived from verse 5 and its the word
                    suzóopoieó and means:

                    to make alive together with
                    Usage: I make alive together with.

                    I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

                    This causing to live is giving motion to, which is the impelling aspect of drawing Jn 6:44 and 12:32

                    So quickening and drawing can be used interchangeably.
                    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                    Charles Spurgeon !

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                      In order for man to come to Christ he must be given motion, life, this comes by quickening. All who come to Christ have been quickened out of a dead spiritual state. Eph 2:1

                      [FONT="]And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

                      In the original the word quickened isnt there, its derived from verse 5 and its the word [/FONT]
                      suzóopoieó and means:

                      to make alive together with
                      Usage: I make alive together with.

                      I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

                      This causing to live is giving motion to, which is the impelling aspect of drawing Jn 6:44 and 12:32

                      So quickening and drawing can be used interchangeably.

                      Amen to #37, #38, and #39 !

                      No man can come to Christ by his own freewill because by nature they're all spiritually dead in sin: A dead lifeless corpse Eph. 2:1 !

                      Coming to Christ is all the Action of God Himself:

                      The Father draws or quickens / makes Alive to Christ all His Chosen ones Eph. 1:4-7 which were risen together with Him when He rose from the dead.

                      Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;


                      So because they were already forgiven of their sins, quickened and raised together with Christ 1 Pet. 1:2 they must be quickened / made Alive Spiritually in time John 3:3,6.


                      Obviously then, coming to Christ has nothing to do with a man's work of choosing it by his own freewill, or any performance on his part. But solely because God had discriminately elected particular individuals to be beneficiaries of His Grace Eph. 2:5, 8 !
                      My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
                      when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        A person dead in trespasses and sin cannot come to Christ because he does not have the will to come, nor can he hear the Word of God John 5:40; 8:43

                        40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

                        43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
                        "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                        preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                        called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                        a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                        Charles Spurgeon !

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                          A person dead in trespasses and sin cannot come to Christ because he does not have the will to come, nor can he hear the Word of God John 5:40; 8:43

                          40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

                          43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

                          Accurately spoken Brother !

                          Coming to Christ, and Hearing God's Words, are Spiritual activities that can only be accomplished by one who has been Given Spiritual Life in New Birth John 3:3, of which Faith is a Product or Fruit of Gal. 5:22. And it's the only kind of Faith that pleases God Heb. 11:6.

                          But the natural man's inability prevents him from hearing God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13, and if it be God's Will he remain so, will be alienated from the Life of God Eph. 4:18 because of the blindness of his heart. And the exercising of his own freewill is futile, as it can never make Him Spiritual enough to come to Christ and Hear His Word.

                          1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.




                          My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
                          when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Nanja View Post


                            Accurately spoken Brother !

                            Coming to Christ, and Hearing God's Words, are Spiritual activities that can only be accomplished by one who has been Given Spiritual Life in New Birth John 3:3, of which Faith is a Product or Fruit of Gal. 5:22. And it's the only kind of Faith that pleases God Heb. 11:6.

                            But the natural man's inability prevents him from hearing God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13, and if it be God's Will he remain so, will be alienated from the Life of God Eph. 4:18 because of the blindness of his heart. And the exercising of his own freewill is futile, as it can never make Him Spiritual enough to come to Christ and Hear His Word.

                            1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



                            Amen to the Truth Sister!
                            "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                            preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                            called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                            a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                            Charles Spurgeon !

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                              Amen to the Truth Sister!
                              Indeed Brother!
                              My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
                              when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The only way one can come to Christ is through a freewill choice. God will not force Himself on any one.

                                John 3:16 NASB
                                ​​​​​16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
                                He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                                Jim Elliot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X