The Circumcision !

beloved57

Phil 3:1-3

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Who is Paul referring to here as the circumcision ? Customarily who would that be ?

betsy123

[FONT=&]Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. [/FONT][FONT=&]2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. [/FONT][FONT=&]3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Who is Paul referring to here as the circumcision ? Customarily who would that be ?[/FONT]

I think that is just saying circumcision of the flesh is not required.

Nanja

[FONT=&]Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. [/FONT][FONT=&]2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. [/FONT][FONT=&]3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Who is Paul referring to here as the circumcision ? Customarily who would that be ?[/FONT]

In verse 3 Paul is referring to the circumcision of the Heart he speaks of in:

Rom. 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Now customarily, the circumcision would refer to ethnic jews.

Oleander

Circumcision is command from God.
Jesus command us to keep God's commandment and to follow it. And he was circumcise with no objection.

beloved57

Paul in our text is speaking to brethren in the Lord Jesus Christ:

Phil 3:1

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

It doesnt matter their ethnicity as long as they had been given faith to believe on Christs name. In Phil 1 we read of these same brethren Vs 29

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Remember the Philippian Jailor who probably was a Roman Gentile Acts 16:27-34 ?

Thats who Paul is calling and identifying himself with as " We are the circumcision"

All Brethren in Christ are the Circumcision !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Circumcision generally refers to the jews Abraham's physical seed. Thats who it is here in these places

Acts 10:45

[FONT=&quot]And they of [/FONT]the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 3:30,4:9

[FONT=&quot]Seeing it is one God, which shall justify [/FONT]the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

[FONT=&quot]Cometh this blessedness then upon [/FONT]the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Gal 2:9

[FONT=&quot]And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto [/FONT]the circumcision.

However in the text of Phil 3:3 it doesn't apply to Abrahams physical seed , but to his spiritual seed in Christ which does include some of his physical seed, but also includes a multitude of gentiles.

The Circumcision spoken of in Phil 3:3 isnt connected at all to physical circumcision the jews were accustomed to, but a spiritual circumcision of the heart by the Spirit of God Rom 2:28-29

[FONT=&quot]28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This type circumcision has absolutely nothing to do with Jewish ethnicity. Neither does this being called a Jew in Rom 2:29 has anything to do with physical Jewish ethnicity, no more than it does being born a Egyptian.

A Born Again Egyptian is a Jew no less than a Born Again Jew as Paul was. We are speaking here of Spiritual things revealed in the Word of God ![/FONT]

Nanja

The Circumcision generally refers to the jews Abraham's physical seed. Thats who it is here in these places

Acts 10:45

[FONT="]And they of [/FONT][/COLOR][B]the [B]circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.[/B][/B]

Rom 3:30,4:9

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Seeing it is one God, which shall justify [/FONT]
the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

[FONT="]Cometh this blessedness then upon [/FONT][/COLOR][B]the [B]circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.[/B][/B]

Gal 2:9

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto [/FONT]
the circumcision.

However in the text of Phil 3:3 it doesn't apply to Abrahams physical seed , but to his spiritual seed in Christ which does include some of his physical seed, but also includes a multitude of gentiles.

The Circumcision spoken of in Phil 3:3 isnt connected at all to physical circumcision the jews were accustomed to, but a spiritual circumcision of the heart by the Spirit of God Rom 2:28-29

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]28 [/B][/FONT]For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This type circumcision has absolutely nothing to do with Jewish ethnicity. Neither does this being called a Jew in Rom 2:29 has anything to do with physical Jewish ethnicity, no more than it does being born a Egyptian.

A Born Again Egyptian is a Jew no less than a Born Again Jew as Paul was. We are speaking here of Spiritual things revealed in the Word of God ![/FONT]

Amen to parts 9 and 10!

The Circumcision which worships God in the Spirit with a Circumcised Heart Phil. 3:3, both jew and gentile, is comprised of Born Again natural Jews [branches] and Born Again Gentiles [un-natural branches] as depicted by the Olive Tree: Together they comprise the True Israel of God, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29 that was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17; Christ's Church Mat. 16:18 He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25 !

beloved57

Nanja:

The Circumcision which worships God in the Spirit with a Circumcised Heart Phil. 3:3, both jew and gentile, is comprised of Born Again natural Jews [branches] and Born Again Gentiles [un-natural branches] as depicted by the Olive Tree:

Yes in Rom 11 !

beloved57

The Circumcision in Phil 3:3 is part of Israel, no not physical national israel but Israel in Christ, a separated people for Gods Glory. See there's two Israels which Paul brings to light here Rom 9:6

6 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. [/FONT]For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]See that ? Paul under the inspiration of God the Spirit reveals 2 different Israels ! There is a national israel and then there is a Spiritual Israel, with circumcised hearts Phil 3:3[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]See not all jews israel according to the flesh are jews Israel according to the Spirit of God.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Psalmist alludes to Circumcised in heart Israel here Ps 73:1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Truly God is good to [/FONT]Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

Nanja

The Circumcision in Phil 3:3 is part of Israel, no not physical national israel but Israel in Christ, a separated people for Gods Glory. See there's two Israels which Paul brings to light here Rom 9:6

6 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. [/FONT]For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]See that ? Paul under the inspiration of God the Spirit reveals 2 different Israels ! There is a national israel and then there is a Spiritual Israel, with circumcised hearts Phil 3:3[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]See not all jews israel according to the flesh are jews Israel according to the Spirit of God.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Psalmist alludes to Circumcised in heart Israel here Ps 73:1[/FONT]

[FONT="]Truly God is good to [/FONT]Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

Amen Brother ! The Israel of God is everyone who has been Born of the Spirit, Given a New Heart in New Birth.

Ps. 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

beloved57

All Believers in Christ are Jews in True Definition, whether they are Black or White, Hispanic or Oriental, if they belong Christ they are Jews. They are Jews by means of the Cross of Christ, even the Israel of God Gal 613-16

13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

The Cross of Christ will make one a New Creature, constituting them into the Israel of God. This Israel is based upon the Finished Cross Work of Christ ! This Israel has nothing to do with being a physical descendant of Abraham, its to do with being a Spiritual descendant of Christ, the Seed of Abraham. Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Right Divider

Body part

Nanja

beloved57

All Believers in Christ are Jews in True Definition, whether they are Black or White, Hispanic or Oriental, if they belong Christ they are Jews. They are Jews by means of the Cross of Christ, even the Israel of God:

Absolutely my Brother !

The Israel of God is a definite or specific number of people of all races, kindreds and tongues and nations Rev. 5:9 which were promised Salvation Is. 45:17: God's Elect Rom. 8:33. It is this Israel exclusively which shall glory in the Cross of Christ for its Salvation; not their fleshly ethnicity, nor their fleshly circumcision !

beloved57

The Cross of Christ will make one a New Creature, constituting them into the Israel of God. This Israel is based upon the Finished Cross Work of Christ ! This Israel has nothing to do with being a physical descendant of Abraham, its to do with being a Spiritual descendant of Christ, the Seed of Abraham. Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Amen, and being that Christ is the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29, so also is His Wife, the Church Eph. 5:25, whom He is One Flesh with, is the Seed of Abraham.