Being under the curse of the law !

beloved57

Gal 3:10

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

This applies to everyone who seeks to be righteous before God by the works of the law, or by the will of the flesh. Many have attempted and are still trying to be in a right relationship with God by their law keeping or good works. If they be not of the Elect of God still unconverted, they are and will always remain under the curse of the law which shall evidence itself in conditional salvation based on what man does, or fails to do.

There has never been a law or a set of principles man must perform to receive righteousness and eternal life, Paul writes in Gal 3:21

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

This would in fact nullified the need for Christ to come and die for His Peoples sins and establish Righteousness.

Last edited:

beloved57

Remember the rich young ruler ? Matt 19:16-24

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Now if this young man could have kept the law of God perfectly and have eternal life, then it would have been no need for eternal life through Jesus Christ to whom he spake Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thats why God never gave a law which could give life.

Eternal life was promised through Christ before the world began Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

I Jn 5:11

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Gods Eternal Life was never purposed to be through the works of the law like many deceived souls believe. The young ruler was deceived by this as well as many today.

Nanja

Remember the rich young ruler ? Matt 19:16-24

Now if this young man could have kept the law of God perfectly and have eternal life, then it would have been no need for eternal life through Jesus Christ to whom he spake Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thats why God never gave a law which could give life.

Eternal life was promised through Christ before the world began Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

I Jn 5:11

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Gods Eternal Life was never purposed to be through the works of the law like many deceived souls believe. The young ruler was deceived by this as well as many today.

Amen to both parts !

Because there is no law that gives eternal life or makes men righteous in God's sight Gal. 3:21, they will always be under its curse Gal. 3:10.

However, for the Elect of God, Christ's Sheep John 10:11, 15 He has magnified the Law and made it honorable by His Perfect Obedience to it on their behalf as their Surety Representative Heb. 7:22.

Is. 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Rom. 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now all the rest [goats] shall remain under the curse of the Law permanently:

Mat. 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: