X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truster View Post
    Hahahahah I give up.
    I said
    lol Or you could give into the Holy Spirit and His teachings. And find true salvation.

Comment

[Your Saved Statis [sic] Can Be Revoked]

If you go back out and sin, you were never saved. You were a false convert (1 Jn 2:9).

As a reminder is number 9 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians): category.

More

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
        [Your Saved Statis [sic] Can Be Revoked]

If you go back out and sin, you were never saved. You were a false convert (1 Jn 2:9).

As a reminder is number 9 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians): category.

More
        I said
        Do you even know what sin is?? You sin daily, we all must repent daily. That is why Jesus gave us repentance up to 490 times a day.

[Mat 18:21–22
        [21] Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
        22] Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

[Luk 6:37–38
        [37] "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
        [38] "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
          I said

{SNIP}

...God saves you from the condemnation you deserve because you are trying to work it out. Until you have worked it out you havent received salvation yet.
          In other words, if you do (X, Y and Z), God will save you. The crux of your salvation, then, is your works. Your effort. You seem to think that because you aren't relying on your "good" works to save you that it isn't works salvation. But it's only a more insidious form of Pharisaism.

Compare :

1. ...I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
          I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:11-12

2. ...I thank thee, that Thou givest me salvation because I am trying to work it out...

3. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
          Luke 18:13

None of these is the same. And #2 is not of the same character as #3. It's pride in one's efforts mixed with a show of humility. The crux, however, is still on "me". That's what makes it similar to #1. Of the three, only the third one utterly despairs of his own efforts (period).

EDIT : That one word "because" in your statement has a huge impact.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
          And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
          Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
          (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
          Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?
          Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Colossians 2:18-23
          Last edited by nikolai_42; June 13th, 2019, 12:22 PM. Reason: Added comment and scripture
          If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
          Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
          Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
            I said Do you even know what sin is?...
            We have put sin behind us (1 Jn 3:9). You have not (2 Pe 2:1, 1 Jn 2:4). We have put our trust in the Lord (Pr 18:10). He will see us all the way home (Jud 1:24a). You have no such guarantee (2 Pe 2:1). You’re on your own at the Great White Throne where you will not stand (Re 20:11-15). We’ll be there with the popcorn (Re 6:10).

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
              We have put sin behind us (1 Jn 3:9). You have not (2 Pe 2:1, 1 Jn 2:4). We have put our trust in the Lord (Pr 18:10). He will see us all the way home (Jud 1:24a). You have no such guarantee (2 Pe 2:1). You’re on your own at the Great White Throne where you will not stand (Re 20:11-15). We’ll be there with the popcorn (Re 6:10).

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

I said
              Well if you think you can put sin behind you Your much worse off than I thought. You do need help.

Comment

Working...
              X