Is Christ God or a liar?

Right Divider

Body part
There is a lot of anti-Christ bashing going on here on TOL lately.

Those that support the idea that the Lord Jesus Christ is not God must therefore believe that He was liar.

The Lord Jesus Christ claimed that HE would raise Himself

Joh 2:18-22 KJV Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? (19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (21) But he spake of the temple of his body. (22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Scripture tells us clearly that God raised Him.

Act 2:24 KJV Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:32 KJV This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 3:15 KJV And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

And there are many, many more of those.

So... was Jesus a liar or is He God?.... answer: He is God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Those that support the idea that the Lord Jesus Christ is not God must therefore believe that He was liar.

Joh 2:18-22 KJV Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? (19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (21) But he spake of the temple of his body. (22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Was Jesus' resurrection a miracle?

"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know — Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it." (Acts 2:22-24)

Right Divider

Body part
Was Jesus' resurrection a miracle?

"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know — Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it." (Acts 2:22-24)
Do you believe that Jesus was a liar when He said that HE would raise Himself? John 2:19-21

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe that Jesus was a liar when He said that HE would raise Himself? John 2:19-21

Does God's Spirit create unity?

"that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
(John 17:21)

Right Divider

Body part
Does God's Spirit create unity?

"that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
(John 17:21)
Stop answering questions with questions. You're always trying distract.

Was Jesus a liar when He said that HE would raise Himself? Other passages say that God raised Him (hint: Jesus is God).

oatmeal

Act 2:24 KJV Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 3:15 KJV And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Did God die? or did Jesus die? or did both die?

If God died then who raised him from the dead?

Is God the eternal spirit? if so, He cannot die.

If a man died that represented God, then God could and did raise him from the dead.

Jesus is no more the God than Moses is God.

Jesus is no more the God than Moses is a god

Jesus is no more a god than Moses is a god.

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Maybe you would like to explain

I Thessalonians 4:16

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

It does not say that either God or Jesus would raise them from the dead, thus according to you the dead in Chrst must likewise be God.

God raised Jesus from the dead.

Jesus is the son of man, and the son of God, God did not die, His son did

Actually, you point of view is bashing God who gave

a. His only begotten son

b. the second person of the trinity

c. a God-man

d. God

See John 3:16 for the answer:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

k0de

+2 God!

Colossians 2: 9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The thread is demonstrating that folks like you do not know what they're talking in regard to the deity of Christ.

Go try to steal another thread.... I'm not willing to follow your rabbit trails.

What you really mean is that you would not like to hear what I have to say because I challenge your beliefs. And that is fine. I will gladly respect your wishes because that’s what love does and if you have not love you are nothing.

Zeke

1 Corinthians 3:16, (John 2:19) 2 Corinthians 13:5, Colossians 1:27, Luke 17:20-21, all those should make it self applicable if Christ be in (not among) you, you talk about the mystery but your experience hasn't measured up to it's truth in you or these would be self evident, Romans 8:11, there is the sequence of being raised that takes place in every son Jesus portrayed! .

You still haven't awakened to Christ in your flesh 1 John 4:2, your reasoning is still flesh based on outer appearances, Matthew 11:11, 2 Corinthians 5:16.

Ephesians 5:14, only one divide in scripture 2 Corinthians 3:6, throw the dead wrapping away and receive the gift you also read "about" yet haven't experienced it beyond it's worldly academic reasoning, Galatians 4:24!

Right Divider

Body part
The answer is simple. Jesus raised himself after the Father restored his life.
That is one of the most ridiculous things ever posted on TOL.

Jesus was not conscious when he was dead, no one is.
The Bible says otherwise.

2Co 5:8 KJV We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

In your opinion "present with the Lord, but unconscious" :dizzy: