X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guyver
    replied
    Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. - Luke 22:36 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Context, Guyver.
    Sure. That was my rendition of Matthew 26:52. In my Bible, NKJV it reads, "But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

The world recalls, "Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword."

The NIV says, " “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

The NLT reads, "“Put away your sword,” Jesus told him. “Those who use the sword will die by the sword."

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    Originally posted by Guyver View Post
    “Put your sword away. Those who live by the sword shall die by it.” Jesus.

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. - Luke 22:36 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Context, Guyver.

Leave a comment:

• Guyver
    replied
    “Put your sword away. Those who live by the sword shall die by it.” Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    I’m ignoring you ...

You're doing it wrong

Leave a comment:

• Guyver
    replied
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why he was so excited about discovering the periodic table of elements

I’m ignoring you on purpose because of your trollish practice. Don’t expect me to comment on your posts. Fact is, I’d prefer if you find another thread to haunt and troll.

Leave a comment:

• Guyver
    replied
    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Spare me.
    So you’re not interested in me commenting on your posts? Ok. Fair enough. That saves me a lot of time. I like to comment here, but I’m very busy and it’s hard for me to devote the time sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    I’ll try to spend some more time on your points and comments when I can. Busy at the moment. Sometimes you make good points, but there’s no need to be insulting. Do you know what an idiot is? An idiot would not be able to handle reasonable discourse. Some people around are very poor in that area, sure....but a true idiot wouldn’t be able to discuss it at all.
    Spare me.

Leave a comment:

• Guyver
    replied
    You really don't spend even so much as a second's worth of time reflecting upon what you're writing, do you? I hope, for your sake, that you invested almost no time and/or mental effort into coming up with what you wrote, here. I mean, what an incredibly abysmal, ridiculous thing to say:

"Saying things about X isn't defining X."
    Amazing!

So, according to you--whatever (if anything) you imagine it is to define something--to define X is to NOT say anything about X.

Remember what you said to me:

And now, you've just told me that, when you said to me, "How do you define truth?", you were actually requesting me to NOT say anything about truth!

All right, Professor: Since you wanted me to NOT say anything about truth, then about what were you requesting me to say something when you said to me, "How do you define truth?"

Open whatever source you are referring to, here, as "the dictionary", and find an entry headed by the word, 'truth'. Let me know, Professor Guyver: Is something said about truth, therein? Yes or No?

If you wish to say that whatever you call "the dictionary" defines truth, then you're just going to have a swell time trying to tell me exactly how it does so WITHOUT SAYING THINGS ABOUT TRUTH.

Notice: I'm not the one idiotically saying that I, 7djengo7, "can't define" truth. On the contrary, I can define, do define, and, in my previous post, have defined, truth. Comprehensively? Of course not! Only an abject idiot could imagine that a finite mind could comprehensively define truth...or comprehensively define anything else, for that matter.

You, Professor Guyver, are the one idiotically saying--that is to say, making a statement--that I, 7djengo7, "can't define" something about which I "make statements". Would you say it is logical for you, Professor Guyver, to make statements about something which you say that I, 7djengo7, "can't define"?

And, now, by all means, Professor Guyver, please, oh please, show us exactly how you would go about defining truth WITHOUT SAYING THINGS ABOUT TRUTH. Have fun! (Hehehehe, I wouldn't even be surprised if you require access to a 3D printer in order to try to show us how you imagine you define truth.)
    I’ll try to spend some more time on your points and comments when I can. Busy at the moment. Sometimes you make good points, but there’s no need to be insulting. Do you know what an idiot is? An idiot would not be able to handle reasonable discourse. Some people around are very poor in that area, sure....but a true idiot wouldn’t be able to discuss it at all.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    I'm still trying to figure out why he was so excited about discovering the periodic table of elements

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    If I were to be insulting to others, like you and the other "Christians" around here do....I wonder if I will start getting thanked for my posts.
    Ah, nice hypocrisy, Guyver!

Here's an occasion on which, out of your frustration, you were insulting to me:

Can you please tell me two questions?

1. Do you live with your parents?

2. Do you know anything?
    I wonder: Did you start getting thanked for that post?

Oh, also, are you saying that those (like me, and others) whom you accuse of being "insulting to others" are not Christians? I ask this because I notice that you put quotes (" ") around the word, 'Christians', as people are wont to do when they mean to indicate that certain persons are actually not Christians. What's rich is an avowed anti-Christ such as yourself--someone proud to be a non-Christian--speaking pejoratively of Christians by saying that they are your fellow non-Christians. Hey, if we're not really Christians, why, that would make us non-Christians, same as you. It's funny that you, a non-Christian, don't mind showing us that you consider it an insult to call someone a non-Christian, one of your own kind! Bravo!

Then, I think about it....and I realize that it is only the Christians who will be thanked for insulting others.....
    Did you really come onto an avowedly Christian-owned website devoted to the discussion of Christian theology, hoping that you would get lots of people to thank you whenever you insult Christians?

Oh, also, what made you choose to not put quotes (" ") around the word, 'Christians', here? You sure aren't one to strive for coherence amongst your sayings, you really aren't!

Then, I laugh and think.....what a fail, there's just too much irony there.
    Oh, yeah...I'll bet you're just a-rollin' on the floor, all in stitches.

What all this comes down to is that you're just miffed. All along, you've had absolutely nothing, and you must needs continue to have nothing, so long as you are willing to war against truth and logic, against Jesus Christ. You know as well as I that your ravings on TOL are motivated wholly by your anger, which is brought on by your frustration at your being wholly unable to think rationally whilst warring against Christ. You prefer to war against Christ above thinking rationally, and so you've thrown out the latter, and made yourself into a devotee of irrationality.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    For the past several years I have been on a journey ....

It has been a very, very difficult thing to do. But, now that I am through it, life is wonderful....

... Life is a miserable thing, with all the death, hate and destruction in this cold world.

Life is wonderful!

And miserable!

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    Humpty Guyver

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    That must be why he finds it so difficult to answer a straightforward question

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    Thanks, Brother!

As you can see, what Guyver has done (by saying that he can't define something by saying things about it) is that he has made it perfectly clear that, throughout all his posts here, on TOL--in which he has said anything, whatsoever, about anything, whatsoever--he considers himself to have never once defined anything, whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    You really don't spend even so much as a second's worth of time reflecting upon what you're writing, do you? I hope, for your sake, that you invested almost no time and/or mental effort into coming up with what you wrote, here. I mean, what an incredibly abysmal, ridiculous thing to say:

"Saying things about X isn't defining X."
    Amazing!

So, according to you--whatever (if anything) you imagine it is to define something--to define X is to NOT say anything about X.

Remember what you said to me:

And now, you've just told me that, when you said to me, "How do you define truth?", you were actually requesting me to NOT say anything about truth!

All right, Professor: Since you wanted me to NOT say anything about truth, then about what were you requesting me to say something when you said to me, "How do you define truth?"

Open whatever source you are referring to, here, as "the dictionary", and find an entry headed by the word, 'truth'. Let me know, Professor Guyver: Is something said about truth, therein? Yes or No?

If you wish to say that whatever you call "the dictionary" defines truth, then you're just going to have a swell time trying to tell me exactly how it does so WITHOUT SAYING THINGS ABOUT TRUTH.

Notice: I'm not the one idiotically saying that I, 7djengo7, "can't define" truth. On the contrary, I can define, do define, and, in my previous post, have defined, truth. Comprehensively? Of course not! Only an abject idiot could imagine that a finite mind could comprehensively define truth...or comprehensively define anything else, for that matter.

You, Professor Guyver, are the one idiotically saying--that is to say, making a statement--that I, 7djengo7, "can't define" something about which I "make statements". Would you say it is logical for you, Professor Guyver, to make statements about something which you say that I, 7djengo7, "can't define"?

And, now, by all means, Professor Guyver, please, oh please, show us exactly how you would go about defining truth WITHOUT SAYING THINGS ABOUT TRUTH. Have fun! (Hehehehe, I wouldn't even be surprised if you require access to a 3D printer in order to try to show us how you imagine you define truth.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X