X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
    2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)
    15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If you do not believe the Bible to be the infallible truth of God, You're not a believer.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    Why do you think quoting a few Bible verses is going to convince someone who has just said: "I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense."?

Comment

• Originally posted by chair View Post
      Why do you think quoting a few Bible verses is going to convince someone who has just said: "I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense."?
      what makes you think BR is trying to convince the troll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver View Post
        Thank you. I would like to offer some insights I have gained through scripture.

1. God is the Maker of All Things, and all people....every soul. Psalm 50:12 Acts 7:49-50,

In Ezekiel chapter 18, God is quoted directly as claiming all souls are His. I would like to restate, all souls are Gods. All means all.

2. Every soul returns to God when they die. Ecc. 12:7

“Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.”

Since God is the source of life for every human being, it stands to reason that all souls return to him. What I like about this idea is that it is inclusive of all and excludes no one, in contrast to the religion of so many around here who hate those who are not like them, do not share the same beliefs, or practice different faith.

That is as it should be if in fact there is ONE and only ONE God.
        all souls return to God yes

you have that right

this is the part you ignore:

all souls return to God to be judged

not all souls remain with God, most are cast out into the outer darkness

Comment

• Scripture says what true religion is.... yet it isn't even on the radar of almost all 'religious' people I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
            what makes you think BR is trying to convince the troll?
            Maybe you are right- BR is only trying to convince himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by chair View Post
              Maybe you are right- BR is only trying to convince himself.
              or others who might be following along

chair - you've been here thirteen years - have you ever seen someone like Guyver persuaded to adjust his beliefs?

Comment

or others who might be following along

chair - you've been here thirteen years - have you ever seen someone like Guyver persuaded to adjust his beliefs?
                Guyver is looking for like minded lost people like himself .

2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
                2Ti 4:4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

Comment

• Originally posted by HisServant View Post
                  Scripture says what true religion is.... yet it isn't even on the radar of almost all 'religious' people I know.
                  Good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by way 2 go View Post
                    Guyver is looking for like minded lost people like himself .

2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
                    2Ti 4:4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.
                    That could be funny......if it weren't so sad.

Comment

all souls return to God yes

you have that right

this is the part you ignore:

all souls return to God to be judged

not all souls remain with God, most are cast out into the outer darkness
                      You haven't the foggiest idea of where any soul goes....let alone your own. Can you even prove that you actually have a soul? You're a daisy if you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
                        Never be free from Biblical indoctrination, if you want to be saved from hell:
                        There is no hell aside from the one that we are already living in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                          That could be funny......if it weren't so sad.
                          It is sad grover- one's determination to willfully reject God is always sad

Comment

Scripture says what true religion is.... yet it isn't even on the radar of almost all 'religious' people I know.
                            who are the religious people?

Comment

• Hearers and not doers... people that yap about this and that yet care for no one but themselves. We have a lot of yappers on this site that will jump right on you about this or that, but do nothing for their savior.
                              This is one of the reasons I seldom attend church any more as they are overly obsessed with themselves and do little for their communities.

Hearing and Doing the Word

19Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

26If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless. 27Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Comment

Hearers and not doers... people that yap about this and that yet care for no one but themselves. We have a lot of yappers on this site that will jump right on you about this or that, but do nothing for their savior.
                                This is one of the reasons I seldom attend church any more as they are overly obsessed with themselves and do little for their communities.

Hearing and Doing the Word

19Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

26If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless. 27Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
                                Is that the answer to I asked of you?

Comment

Working...
                                X